SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:14 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Is there a link on where to buy one of these gyros?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! I've responded to your PM. Please check on it soon! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Melnic! Unfortunately we do not carry the gyro system as a separate kit, at least not yet. -Seba
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
I just got my gyro EDF (not this one but rather the F-22) and I have a question about it. Everything works great and the build went really well but it is doing something weird. When I move the stick and let go it kinda hangs a bit and then it slowly moves back to center. Is this normal? The video shows them moving back rather quickly back to center when Pete lets go of the sticks. Please advise if I need to change a setting.

**** Also, on a side note... In order for the movement to be correct for the delta wing setup I have to have it place in the plane normally and not turned sideways like the paperwork or Pete's video... Very weird right??
itsjeffrey is offline Find More Posts by itsjeffrey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Any ideas?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi itsjeffrey! If the speed of the travel seems slower on return, try incrementally upping the gain for that given surface control on the gyro. Also, always allow the gyro to initiate upon power up each time. Please let me know how everything goes. Thanks! -Seba
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
So you are saying max out the gain? It moves really slow back to center. Like 2-4 seconds.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
I did what you said and changing the gains doesn't make any difference. The gyro function moves them back very quickly when I level the plane out, as in if I tip it up the move to conteract the tipping up and then as I level it back out (All of this in my hand) the go right back to where they were before, but if I pull back on the stick they move quick but as soon as I let go the VERY slowly (up to 4-5 seconds) move back to neutral.

Also like I said if I turn the gyro unit on its side like in the video of Pete's it doesn't move the surfaces right, I have to put it so the servo leads point either forward or back, and yes it is in the delta wing mix mode and I have tried it on both settings, plus the controls all move correctly so it is in delta mode, just if I put it sideways like he says to do it and I pitch up or down one surface moves up and the other down as if it is sensing roll not pitch...

Is there a chance these changed recently at the factory??? Please advise as this is frustrating and I want to fly!!! lol
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi itsjeffrey! So long as it does not lock up on its own at any point during the return travel, it is perfectly normal. The reasoning behind the 2-axis' slow return is so that the compensation won't be too drastic as the gyro tries to re-balance the jet's upright orientation in flight. While the jet is leveled, the return travel will be normal speed as there's no true imbalance for the gyro to balance out. I hope this information is helpful. Thanks! -Seba
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi itsjeffrey! So long as it does not lock up on its own at any point during the return travel, it is perfectly normal. The reasoning behind the 2-axis' slow return is so that the compensation won't be too drastic as the gyro tries to re-balance the jet's upright orientation in flight. While the jet is leveled, the return travel will be normal speed as there's no true imbalance for the gyro to balance out. I hope this information is helpful. Thanks! -Seba
I don't think you understand what i am saying. The movement on behalf of the gyro (As in when the gyro takes over) moves fast. It is MY CONTROL that doesn't move back.

So for example, say I am straight and level and I pull back to make the plane pull up, when I let go the plane will keep pulling up for 3-5 seconds before moving back to not pulling up... (So Say I want to pull back and go straight up from level flight, by the time the elevator moves back to neutral I won't be going straight up I would most likely be flying inverted and pointing the opposite direction as the surface will stay "up" long after I let go. This does not seem right as it should return to normal as soon as I let go of the sticks. Right???
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Thanks for having the tech support team get in contact with me!! Just waiting to hear back when the parts ship!! Thanks again Banana hobby!
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Last edited by bluemeane; Sep 25, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
While the jet is leveled, the return travel will be normal speed as there's no true imbalance for the gyro to balance out.
What I am saying is that when sitting on a table with no movement if I move the sticks they go as they should but then hang and slowly move back to where they were. Also you haven't mentioned anything about why my unit needs to be placed the exact opposite of what Pete says to do in order for the mixing to work correctly. I think something changed at the factory perhaps... Is there any way I can just buy a replacement gyro?? I do not feel comfortable putting this in the air.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi itsjeffrey. May I have the corresponding order number so I can arrange for a technician to get in touch with you for better assistance? Thanks! -Seba
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Hi itsjeffrey. May I have the corresponding order number so I can arrange for a technician to get in touch with you for better assistance? Thanks! -Seba
I just ended up sending a message through the website to support. Thanks though. I'll let you know if I don't hear back from them soon.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi itsjeffrey! I hope everything works out. Let me know if anything. Thanks! -Seba