HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
get high
charlotte, nc
Joined Feb 2011
360 Posts
Discussion
50mm F-22 w/GYRO, need info!

OK, who has one, and how does it handle with the gyro? Is it a 3 axis gyro?
BLOWZILLA is offline Find More Posts by BLOWZILLA
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
I would be curious to know as well
savagelemur is offline Find More Posts by savagelemur
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
5 Posts
I just received it 2 days ago. It looks like a 2 axis gyro...pitch and roll. The instructions are not so clear and I have never used/installed gyro before. So I hope someone here will tell me how to install. Not even sure if it came with all the correct parts.
FIREMAN243 is offline Find More Posts by FIREMAN243
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Update: I installed my gyro last night. I put it sideways for correct orientation, and I also had to bend the pins to get it to fit properly that way. Once hooked up it seems to function as it should, but it took a long time for the servos to return to center after the gyro made corrections. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I did something wrong, has anyone else seen this issue?
savagelemur is offline Find More Posts by savagelemur
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Gyro Configuration

Hi BLOWZILLA and fellow pilots! The gyro will require a bit of calibration in order to work as intended. Attached is a copy of the gyro's manual. Please feel free to download a copy for viewing. Also, in the most recent flight review, Pete thoroughly goes over the setup for the gyro. Please check it out! Thanks! -Seba

Flight Review:
BlitzRCWorks Mini F-35 EDF Jet w/ Gyro Flight Review! HD (21 min 46 sec)
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagelemur View Post
Update: I installed my gyro last night. I put it sideways for correct orientation, and I also had to bend the pins to get it to fit properly that way. Once hooked up it seems to function as it should, but it took a long time for the servos to return to center after the gyro made corrections. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I did something wrong, has anyone else seen this issue?
Any updates???? I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to fly it!!!
bluemeane is online now Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! Please refer to my previous post above. I've also attached a copy of the gyro's manual. -Seba
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi bluemeane! Please refer to my previous post above. I've also attached a copy of the gyro's manual. -Seba
I don't have mine yet (Next week) I wanted to know how his first flight was
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! Granted that the smaller scaled EDFs are bit more trickier to handle, the gyro should make the Mini F-22 unbelievably stable in which words cannot even begin to describe. You will have to iron out the proper pre-flight checks and test her out yourself! Just a reminder, be sure to test all electronics before you build. And of course, always perform a pre-flight check before any planned flight. Let me know how everything goes! Thanks! -Seba
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, LA, DeRidder
Joined Sep 2012
69 Posts
I just installed an Eagle A3 3 axis on a 64mm EDF F-16. This gyro was only used for Ailerons and elevator but WOW! what a difference. Im very much a novice on the RC flying world just because I have never flown with anyone else. So my world has been limited to RTF warbirds and EDFs (and a lot of glue and broken dream) So I dont have a vast knowledge on this hobby.
The gyro installed in just a few minuets and required ZERO adjustments or anything. It was so easy. I am now planing on ordering the low dollar gyros from HK to go in all my planes.
dragon6g is offline Find More Posts by dragon6g
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
I got my plane today however there is no gryo in the plane. Where is it supposed to be?? I looked in the plane and the box as well and it is no where to be found.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! Please carefully check under the canopy and the inside of the jet's underbelly compartment. -Seba
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Hi bluemeane! Please carefully check under the canopy and the inside of the jet's underbelly compartment. -Seba
I looked in both those places. Not found yet What do I do?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
Quote:
I sent an email to the service department department by way of your service page on the website.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
I have a couple other minor issues as well...

Here is what I sent to the support team (Haven't heard back yet but hope to do so tomorrow)

So I sent an email about missing the gyro earlier today (And I still can't find it anywhere in the box or plane) And so I started to put it together as I assumed I could do that until the gyro issue was resolved, and it seems as if the elevators have a curve to them. (I have pictures I can and will send when asked to do so) It is also missing 2 of the little hinges for them, there are a total of 6 rather than 8.

So to sum it up, great plane, shipped well considering no packing inside just taped to the box lol, but it is:

Missing: Gyro, and 2 of the hinges.
Bent and curved: The elevators.

Please advise.