Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:13 AM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Beaver View Post
Hey Pat,
Bungendore made the news here tonight with the bush fires there.
Stay safe mate.

- Phil
Yup, stay safe and well over there mate. Between fires and floods this wide brown land is always chucking up something nasty to try and get you!

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:17 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,462 Posts
Yes, I saw that too. I hope you are safe and sound!
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:26 AM
Making a Dynam Razorback Snafu
Joined Apr 2006
4,500 Posts
To all my Aussie fellow modelers I pray for your safety.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:06 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Thanks folks - all is well but even a few Km away from home is too close on days like Tuesday - 50k+ wind, 38-40 deg c and a potential evacuation order hanging over ones head. But it all passed and now the fire crews brace themselves for another day. I take my hat off to the guys (and girls) who volunteer to do the bush fire fighting here - they're heros in my book
My Heinkel is safe

Pat
Pat Lynch is offline Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A Small Diversion From Annie
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:33 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,462 Posts
Good to hear you're safe Pat. As I look at my window, it's 4C and absolutely bucketing down rain. I wish I could send some of it your way!
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:59 PM
Ay up it's warped
Derbyshire UK
Joined Feb 2003
1,306 Posts
Our wettest year on record we must be able to spare some of it
mtbrider is offline Find More Posts by mtbrider
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:05 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Apr 2006
472 Posts
How are things going there Pat?
darook is offline Find More Posts by darook
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:41 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
How are things going there Pat?

Very slowly We have just bought a new house in a nearby town and all modelling is on hold for a while - esp. since I will need to build a new workshop - one with enough room to build a He 111 easily without bumping into walls or the car!

More news as it happens.

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:24 PM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,179 Posts
I hope the renovation and moving proceeds smoothly, and you get a spacious workshop in the process.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:51 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
G'day Pat, looking forward to seeing what your new workshop comes out like, I can picture is now, fab shop, dedicated spray booth, machining section, mold shop... The mind boggles
Good luck with the move to you both

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Nov 11, 2013, 05:42 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Oops.....

I was going through my model inventory and realised I'd not unpacked the HE111 bits apart from the airframe itself. A large box of motors, escs, servos, wheels etc was found but the all-important nose 'glasshouse' was missing. A frantic search found it all wrapped up among some very old antique lamps marked 'very fragile'.
Sadly something had been placed on top of the box and the nose part was slightly squashed! Not too badly but I need to attach it to the fuselage to get it the right shape again before regluing.....
I'm not moving back to the 111 just yet but it is creeping back into my consciousness!
At least I've bumped this older thread

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2013, 07:08 AM
Cut it twice, still too short
Bay City, MI
Joined Oct 2007
647 Posts
I forgot all about this thead! Now I don't know which of your builds I want to see finished first. Do you have a twin? Can you work on both at the same time? Man, you're making my life so complicated!

Doug
dglo is offline Find More Posts by dglo
Old Dec 29, 2013, 03:55 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
...dug out of storage!

No, I'm not launching headlong into finishing the '111, just retrieving it from the storage in the roof space of my uninsulated steel roofed garage before it got damaged by extremes of heat, dust and general grot

Apart from the broken nose mentioned a short while back, everything looks OK - a bit of 'weathering but nothing disastrous - whew!

I'll clean it up and see what small things can be done. I've some new UC doors to vac-form (the right shape this time), motors and escs to mount, sort out battery stowage etc........plenty to potter around with before putting it in a better stowage.

Now, how did I put this beast together? - good thing I documented it all here on rcgroups......

Pat
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:39 PM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,689 Posts
Pat,

This one is so close you gotta finish it soon. I think it is one of your best efforts and a very nice plane.

Jim
JIMA is online now Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:44 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,924 Posts
Your confidence is greater than mine Jim I sometimes feel I'm punching above my weight here - another 20 years experience would be useful! But I'll blunder on for a while......

All I've done is fit the aileron servos (mounted on the servo hatches in the usual way but am yet to fit the 1/16 ply horns. The flaps are ready to be hooked up once I decide the best way to mount the servos. Already there's a bunch of cable hanging out the wing centre where the Rx will fit and no flap or motor stuff yet. Each aileron is mounted on four Robart hinge-points - plenty of Vaseline was worked into the hinge before epoxying it in place. It all still moves

I have learnt quite a few things from watching builds of those with many years experience, like Frank von Jaerschky - he thinks about all the awkward bits like retracts, control surface linkages etc BEFORE getting too involved in the structure. My flap servos should have been fitted long ago when I could get at everything.......I'll get there! I'll attempt to not make the same mistakes with my next big twin As can be gathered, the flaps are next on the list.

Pat
RCG Plus Member