Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:43 AM
Registered User
gitit20's Avatar
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
New Product
SimonK Pre Flashed RCTimer ESC's

Hey guys wanted to share these with ya.

These are SimonK flashed ESC's for sale from RCtimer just wanted to share it because I here a lot of people talking about SimonK Firmware flashing and such.

I have bought from RCTimer before and have had good luck..

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...9&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 AM
James not bond
jy0933's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
NOPE.. they do not have commitment with Simon.. at least last time TC confirmed with Simonk... RCT purely "stealing" the code for making money (see how much those used to sell)
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
windfou's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
Hey guys wanted to share these with ya.

These are SimonK flashed ESC's for sale from RCtimer just wanted to share it because I here a lot of people talking about SimonK Firmware flashing and such.

I have bought from RCTimer before and have had good luck..

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...9&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=
if they work great i will buy some
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:27 PM
MK
Registered User
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,062 Posts
I know there's a whole LONG thread about SimonK Firmware but can anyone summarize in a paragraph or less () what are the advantages of this over the "standard" ESC firmware? I know one thing is no low voltage cut off and (I think) faster pulsing of power to get a more instanteous stick response.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:47 PM
James not bond
jy0933's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
I know there's a whole LONG thread about SimonK Firmware but can anyone summarize in a paragraph or less () what are the advantages of this over the "standard" ESC firmware? I know one thing is no low voltage cut off and (I think) faster pulsing of power to get a more instanteous stick response.
that's all you need for quad and are important
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:51 PM
Destroyer of G-10
askman's Avatar
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
not much of faster pulsing, rather more responsive pulsing.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,087 Posts
There's a video somewhere.

Couldn't find it.. :/
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Last edited by TheFernMan; Aug 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
What's a servo?
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2008
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
Hey guys wanted to share these with ya.

These are SimonK flashed ESC's for sale from RCtimer just wanted to share it because I here a lot of people talking about SimonK Firmware flashing and such.

I have bought from RCTimer before and have had good luck..

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...9&productname=

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...0&productname=
Thats a very sharp find there.

I will raise you:
One ingeniously designed and well thought out FPV spider frame, made from carbon fibre and offering unique features specific to the needs of FPV multirotors.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/famous-m5...-aircraft.html

I will raise you again:
One completely indigenously designed heavy lift octocopter frame with patented vibration isolation system. This design simply leaves all competitors years behind.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/carbon-fi...wheelbase.html

Sad Sack is offline Find More Posts by Sad Sack
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
windfou's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Mike View Post
Thats a very sharp find there.

I will raise you:
One ingeniously designed and well thought out FPV spider frame, made from carbon fibre and offering unique features specific to the needs of FPV multirotors.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/famous-m5...-aircraft.html

I will raise you again:
One completely indigenously designed heavy lift octocopter frame with patented vibration isolation system. This design simply leaves all competitors years behind.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/carbon-fi...wheelbase.html

i don't special about this octocopter i prefer my octo because i fill the arm with foam and the vibration is 50% easy
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Gimbaled
superdave42's Avatar
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Mike View Post
Thats a very sharp find there.


I will raise you again:
One completely indigenously designed heavy lift octocopter frame with patented vibration isolation system. This design simply leaves all competitors years behind.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/carbon-fi...wheelbase.html

They forgot to clone the actual vibration damping system...
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
Dances With The Wind
Brian Courtice's Avatar
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post
They forgot to clone the actual vibration damping system...
Hehe. So true. Both of those frames are unlicensed clones.
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:36 AM
Registered User
gitit20's Avatar
Joined May 2012
587 Posts
Oh its on now Mike


Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Mike View Post
Thats a very sharp find there.

I will raise you:
One ingeniously designed and well thought out FPV spider frame, made from carbon fibre and offering unique features specific to the needs of FPV multirotors.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/famous-m5...-aircraft.html

I will raise you again:
One completely indigenously designed heavy lift octocopter frame with patented vibration isolation system. This design simply leaves all competitors years behind.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/carbon-fi...wheelbase.html

gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
NOPE.. they do not have commitment with Simon.. at least last time TC confirmed with Simonk... RCT purely "stealing" the code for making money (see how much those used to sell)
Product page now says:

Quote:
The code used was devoloped by SimonK. we have pay the royalties to SimonK!
I wonder if its true...
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:58 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Sounds like lawyers stepped in a wrote a strongly worded letter.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:47 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
hallstudio's Avatar
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
816 Posts
i have a set of these for my tri. they work great but i cant go above gain 75 (KK2.0 board) before i get the jitters.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion RCTimer 40A simonk flashed ESC bladeaudio Multirotor Talk 21 Jun 20, 2014 01:14 AM
Question Simonk Flashed RCTimer 30A ESCs ross_badger Hoverfly Technologies 14 Jan 03, 2014 11:52 PM
For Sale HK F-20a SimonK flashed ESCs X's 4, Turnigy Aerodrive SK2822-1200 motors X's 3 iamsuperbleeder Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Aug 16, 2012 09:14 PM
Sold 4 Towerpro style 25a ESC's flashed with Simonk FW kanchana Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Mar 24, 2012 04:19 AM
Sold 4 Turnigy 25a ESC's flashed with Simonk FW kanchana Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 5 Mar 24, 2012 01:35 AM