HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
I think the servo arm was drilled for z bent 'cos one of my spare rods fit's through ok. But why would the drill the horn with the same hole size?
vil64 is offline Find More Posts by vil64
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Hello vil64,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry about your experience. We will improve our QC to ensure this does not happen again.

We have sent you the spare servo horns as well as the 2 spare brass horns.

Thank you for your understanding. We will strive our best to improve on quality of our products, service to customers is our number one priority.

Regards,
Apachobby is offline Find More Posts by Apachobby
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachobby View Post
Hello vil64,

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry about your experience. We will improve our QC to ensure this does not happen again.

We have sent you the spare servo horns as well as the 2 spare brass horns.

Thank you for your understanding. We will strive our best to improve on quality of our products, service to customers is our number one priority.

Regards,
Thanks much appreciated. Luckily, it's fixable.The plane looks great and have some good quality gear in it.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
Hey guys, can someone tell me how do you safely remove the spinner from this plane? It has one of those aluminium ones with the hole in the centre for cooling. It came preassembled but just want to remove it for inspection . I have removed the front screw but it's still very firm. I think these things are clamped on the motor shaft in a form of taper, which tightens as you lock the screw. Do you need to give it a light tap or is there as special puller for it? It's quite a fragile piece of technology and I don't want to do any damage. Just can't take the damn thing off.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:02 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Slight tap might help but its a compression fit so it may take some effort but it should slide off.

By the way I got a typhoon from same company also and hope I don't have your same issues
S2000442 is online now Find More Posts by S2000442
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:24 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,853 Posts
ohhh... that Typhoon looks nice
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tamiya FJ Cruiser Review
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000442 View Post
Slight tap might help but its a compression fit so it may take some effort but it should slide off.

By the way I got a typhoon from same company also and hope I don't have your same issues
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. Regarding your typhoon, I don't think you'll have the same problems. (famous last words) No, but seriously they seem like a decent guys that were very apologetic about it and are sending me new horns plus they gave me discount offer for my next purchase. These things happen, I really think it was one of their first assemblies mocked up, there was nothing wrong with the airframe so decided to sell it for a discounted price. I still think it was a good purchase apart from the postage $133 there's nothing you can do about it because wings came in one piece.
Deep down I regret a bit, I didn't go for typhoon as well. I like speed but I like aerobatics as well. I was thinking converting this one to rudder control but I think I'll leave it for now and fly it as it is, then I'll see.
Good luck with your typhoon
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Quote:
Deep down I regret a bit, I didn't go for typhoon as well
Dont

Get that Eagle flying, then work out if you want a rudder
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Dont

Get that Eagle flying, then work out if you want a rudder
Ha ha, thanks Jacko, that's just the words I need to hear

I would be up in the air by now but still waiting for RX lipo, switch and bec. Should be here this week hopefully. Also while I'm waiting, I'm setting up all the mixes. With the esc they provided (Castle Ice Lite 50) , is the brake supposed to be set to" hard brake no delay?" I'm sure it can be run without touching it but are there any additional settings should I be aware of?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Speedfire F5B, by Ming (5 min 30 sec)

My speedfires got ruddervators, barely use em though. Occasionally when lining up for landing with full crow on. I havent been game enough to try to do pop-tops/eggbeaters etc with it (which you can do without a rudder anyway)

Speedfires currently on the bench getting more power surgery
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2012
190 Posts
That's a beautiful video in HD You got to love that plane. Is the V tail rudder as effective as x tail or normal conventional?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vil64 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. Regarding your typhoon, I don't think you'll have the same problems. (famous last words) No, but seriously they seem like a decent guys that were very apologetic about it and are sending me new horns plus they gave me discount offer for my next purchase. These things happen, I really think it was one of their first assemblies mocked up, there was nothing wrong with the airframe so decided to sell it for a discounted price. I still think it was a good purchase apart from the postage $133 there's nothing you can do about it because wings came in one piece.
Deep down I regret a bit, I didn't go for typhoon as well. I like speed but I like aerobatics as well. I was thinking converting this one to rudder control but I think I'll leave it for now and fly it as it is, then I'll see.
Good luck with your typhoon
Most people fly the Hawk without rudder anyway because it will turn on a dime from the videos I have seen. I would still like to get one and build it over the winter with a gear box and motor but keep it at 1kw or so. The typhoon flies great and I wanted flaps like my other gliders because I find the flaps really help slow you down a lot. Spolierons are ok but for a fast plane like the hawk make sure you give yourself room to land. C of G from what I have read is also critical for this plane and I believe people recommend 65mm. Any further back and she will stall on you so make sure you keep your speed up in the turns until your used to her.

I look forward to your flight review
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTli9Om2l0A

My speedfires got ruddervators, barely use em though. Occasionally when lining up for landing with full crow on. I havent been game enough to try to do pop-tops/eggbeaters etc with it (which you can do without a rudder anyway)

Speedfires currently on the bench getting more power surgery
Very nice video and plane!! It looks like she is on rails...I am jealous. I hope to get some fun out the typhoon for awhile.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
SpliceMILK, BeverlyHills,CA
Joined Feb 2011
1,205 Posts
not to change subject, but is there a 3m-4m Glider that cruises similiar to those speeds?(maybe tid bit slower).....
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:29 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vil64 View Post
That's a beautiful video in HD You got to love that plane. Is the V tail rudder as effective as x tail or normal conventional?
Depends on the plane, they can take a lil more work to setup nicely as you do get some pitch coupling, so it takes differential tweaking on the ruddervator halves.