Whatala, please just drop it.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
351 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Well - I just "won" the Futaba 12FGA. Still in shock.

I cannot say thanks enough to Anixs except to pay it forward and encourage everyone else to do the same whether it is at your field, club or here.

I have been following many of Anixs's threads here in awe that someone could be so giving to many members of this hobby and I have been watching the pay it forward attitude grow again on this site.

I have been on here since 2003 (under RMason - lost my password from an old email) and started flying electrics with an renegade flying group in Orlando, FL (along with being a member of a couple clubs) Orlando EZone Squadron While working for Bob's Hobby Center I was able to help many new flyers and with the old Home Depot guys (flew next to a HD) had fun and had the camadarie where we swapped planes, helped others, and payed it forward from a group that started with 4 of us and ended up 4 years later with over 50. That field is now gone, but that feeling and memories are still alive with us and we are all still in contact though many of us have moved away.

Anixs has inspired me to go back to paying it forward and giving to people I run into at the park where I fly some of my parkflyers, and at the club field and here.

RC Groups has changed since it was a little site called E-Zone (still have the bumper sticker) sometimes not necessarily for the better - Anixs and others following his example whether it is merchandise or help and advice are keeping this site the best darn RC site in the world.

Thanks Anixs for your example and inspiration.

Rob
RobMason is offline Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:46 AM
bein ebin
India, Kerala, Kochi
Joined Sep 2012
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
RobMason,

You deserve the Futaba. The build log you updated is fantastic and it shows how passionate you are when it comes to RC hobby. Congrats again. I could not congratulate you on the winning thread as it got locked before I could even read it.
ebinmoothedam is offline Find More Posts by ebinmoothedam
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:15 AM
DJO
Dreaming...
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,446 Posts
Trader Rating: 68
Anixs - check it out! This was only made possible through your generous donations of the camera(s!) as well as the video goggles. I think my dad is getting fond of those goggles... he calls it an "out of body experience". We had a blast yesterday up at the middle school baseball fields for about a 1/2 hour flying around. These were only the first two flights out of 8 total recordings:

TEENAGER FLIES FPV: First Two Flights! | EPIC EDIT | THE FPV PROJECT Episode 5 (3 min 49 sec)

Thanks again! I'm still trying to get that 500mw vTX up and running... and I definitely need to get my vRX antenna up HIGHER!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The FPV PROJECT II
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
276 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
That's awesome! Get that 500mw on the plane for sure -- far less video glitching that way. I bet it was a rush to fly like that! My first FPV experience was heart-pounding for sure (even though the flight was rather boring).
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
DJO
Dreaming...
Joined Oct 2011
3,446 Posts
Actually most of the time I was just piloting LOS - was a bit too dark to try full FPV, however I did switch between the goggles/LOS a lot. I've got a better video that I'm going to upload also.

Yeah the 500mw still isn't connecting at 2 feet... so LOL I don't think it'll work

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:35 AM
DJO
Dreaming...
Joined Oct 2011
3,446 Posts
Anixs! Now check THIS one out

I flew high enough and far away enough so that the football game below on the lower field was visible!

FPV: Window in the Skies (4 min 9 sec)

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
276 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:23 AM
DJO
Dreaming...
Joined Oct 2011
3,446 Posts
Thanks so much! I think I'll be able to get out and fly this afternoon too - this time using the goggles most of the time myself, because it'll be bright enough to see the ground!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
Joined Oct 2011
3,446 Posts
Anixs - one more and more to come

Didn't get to fly this afternoon but will tomorrow!

Sunset FPV Flights (2 min 53 sec)

And check out the build log on my website:

https://sites.google.com/site/djopro.../thefpvproject

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
964 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Gotta say how moved I am by some of the members here. Truely a great hobby filled with great people.
JCMorgan is online now Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, MI, Vassar
Joined Jan 2006
583 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
As the winner of the futaba 7 ch. I would like to say there are great folks here and at the flying fields. I've flown 4 yrs in Germany, 16yrs in Utah, and a good 10 years in Mi. I have had the best friends and have experiences in this hobby I will keep with me till I'm gone. Keep it alive and help that new guy or gal experience the wonders of RC.

Thanks to Anixs for his unselfness kindness to all and when I can give back with instruction or experience I won't hesitate to help within my means.
Mark
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Last edited by Beardiedrg; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
bein ebin
India, Kerala, Kochi
Joined Sep 2012
67 Posts
Congrats Beardiedrg !! You are real lucky today

The thread got closed just 8 minutes before I woke up. Arrggh the time zone differences between two countries I dont even get to post my comments on Anix's thread

From tomorrow onwards I will wake up early and keep a watch

Congrats again.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sneaky Lizard
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2005
65 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
WOW! Lucky winner of the Futaba 6J this is unbelievable, thank you so very much. All I can say is wow thank you again.
elbone65 is offline Find More Posts by elbone65
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
bein ebin
India, Kerala, Kochi
Joined Sep 2012
67 Posts
Congrats elbone65 !

That futaba is going to be with you for a long time and you gonna love it. May your RC dreams come true

Ebin