HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:01 AM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Anix promised me 3 Hitec mini servos, well long and short of it is I recieved 2 Hitec mini servos and 2 Futaba mini servos.
Anix is an awesome guy,
FYI Anix I don't have anything to give away but I am paying it forward. I am up to 8 hours working on other peoples planes, tanks and helis fixing them or getting them working properly. The servos you sent are loaded into my on the build kit of a tiger moth by the way.
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Well I have to say that anixs is the most generous person I've seen on here. I rarely go to the free section, but this morning I saw he was giving away a turnegy esc programmer, I could deffenitly use one but some one was already awarded it, I wrote a post saying if he ever had another one I'd love to have it. He pm'ed me and said he had a second one that I could have. Then about an hr later he sent another pm asking if I wanted a turnegy esc, a 25,30, or 40 amp, I said it would be nice to have a 40 for a plane I plan on doing in the near future, but told him to give it to someone that needed it as I don't need it at the moment. He said no problem that the programmer and esc would be shipped within 24hrs.

I am still in disbelief as to the amount of stuff he gives away. I am a scratch builder so I recycle almost everything I have into a new model, but I will be looking for stuff to give away now so I can pay it forward.

Thanks so much anixs for all you do.
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
mini e revo basher/racer
Joined Mar 2010
178 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
i havent won anything from anixs but wow he sure does give away some good stuff. and for that i just have to say thank you anixs for giving us hobbyers who cannot afford the good stuff a chance to get the good stuff.
mini t king is offline Find More Posts by mini t king
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, LA, Kenner
Joined Mar 2011
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini t king View Post
i havent won anything from anixs but wow he sure does give away some good stuff. and for that i just have to say thank you anixs for giving us hobbyers who cannot afford the good stuff a chance to get the good stuff.
I agree
Thanks for the items you have offered
Bill
1lasportsman is offline Find More Posts by 1lasportsman
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:09 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Thanks so much to anixs! I haven't received it yet, but I got a free 600TVL Ready Made RC FPV camera! Incredible $115+ value and it's going to help me out a lot to get together an FPV setup!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:16 AM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
294 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
DJO, it was sent USPS Priority Mail so please PM to me if you don't receive anything this coming week. Sounds strange.
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:22 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Hmmm.. yeah it's coming from Canada though, so it should be here next week, along with my other FPV setup stuff...

Wasn't it shipped out on the 27th or something?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
294 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
You're right -- it was a fairly recent giveaway. Sometimes I'm not always with it.
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:53 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Hmmm.. yeah it's coming from Canada though, so it should be here next week, along with my other FPV setup stuff...

Wasn't it shipped out on the 27th or something?
At the begining of August I gave two battery chargers to guys at another forum.

I sent them both the same day.
The used one got there in about a week and the NIB one got there about a day later. Then got sent back to Canada and then back to the US.......... 3 TIMES IN TOTAL!!!!
USPS kept sending it back to Canada for some reason. LOL Gotta love the postal service.

The guy finally got it after about 28 days.
garyzda1 is offline Find More Posts by garyzda1
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anixs View Post
You're right -- it was a fairly recent giveaway. Sometimes I'm not always with it.
Did you receive a tracking number? It's on the receipt that you get most of the time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:18 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,303 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
I arrived home today to find a well packed box containing a brand new camera. I can't think you enough Anixs. Your generosity still amaes me. Thanks so much my friend.
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:10 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I was fortunate enough to receive a Turnigy Plush 40 amp esc from anixs. To my surprise when I checked the mail yesterday there were two in the package. I never expected the second one.

This man embodies a spirit of fellowship in this hobby that we should all strive for. If you don't have the means to give gear, you do have knowledge, skill, time, or even a spare prop at the field.

This weekend I was able to give guidance to 2 new pilots. I spent all of Monday morning helping a young fellow whose father was into RC 20 or so years ago and was just now wanting to get back into it with his son. So I spent several hours with his son going over safety and some flight basics. End result was that his son got 4 unpowered hand launches, and several short burst powered launches, and the longest flight was around 50 - 60 yards. He did end up nosing the Supercub in but I had him keep the altitude low so all we lost was a cowling. The Cub lived and I think the young man enjoyed it.

I did this in the spirit of giving, as it is what I am able to give back.

I'd like to express my thanks to anixs for his generosity in giving me the esc's, but more-so for sparking that spirit within me to give back to the community.

Thank you.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:06 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Waiting anxiously for my camera should be here tomorrow, or at least by the end of the week.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Apr 2011
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
inspiration

I want to thank anixs for his inspiration to all the modelers here as well as myself. I did apply for one item but it went to one who needed it more than me and I am cool with that as I had to make a decision as well. I paid forward a TX/RX combo and had to make the same decision but again this is a big Thank You for being the inspiration that you have been to myself and others.

Humbly,

Fred (aka greywolfe)
greywolfe57 is offline Find More Posts by greywolfe57
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I think everyone that has something for sale here in the classified adds should just give their stuff away for FREE! what a good Idea! get rid of the for sale section and replace it with a give away for free section!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)