HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
most around the leg challenges done using a small coax ? how about trying it on a single rotor fp ?

MSR: Cyclic Precision control (0 min 47 sec)

or try flying a picooz through a small loop ?

Smallest loop flown through by a PicooZ - Quad pass (1 min 15 sec)

or using a picooz to track a vehicle while "inside"

Hi Speed Picoo Z - Attempt 2 (0 min 23 sec)
EQMOD is offline Find More Posts by EQMOD
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:17 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQMOD View Post
most around the leg challenges done using a small coax ? how about trying it on a single rotor fp ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAJ_199Q4s&feature=plcp

or try flying a picooz through a small loop ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqH3dZJyE

or using a picooz to track a vehicle while "inside"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TGFOcglbU4
You've got skills, there's no doubt about that

How about having a crack at a heli challenge
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 30, 2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:35 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Current Challenges:

Heli Coaxial: The Ned Kelly: Land on a CD case while flying outback (in your back yard)

Heli Fixed Pitch & Collective Pitch NON-3D: Circle Work: Complete several funnels with the tail in the center of the funnel

Heli Collective Pitch 3D: Open Doors: Fly inverted through an open doorway.

Quad: The Gateway: Take off inside your house, then fly outside through an open window. Fly the quad outside for 2+ minutes and re-enter the house through the same window and land exactly where you took off from.

Quad 3D: The suicide: Do an inverted stall and count 2 seconds while the quad free falls upside down before proceeding with a complete recovery.

Plane: The Death Roll Plumit; Do a death roll spiralling towards the ground and pull up just before its too late.

Plane 3D: Couch Potato: Hover in your living room while sitting on your couch.

FPV: The News Reporter: Record a video of yourself at take off and then track a moving vechicle for as long as you can (at a safe distance of course)
Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:05 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,156 Posts
ok,let me assume (yeah, yeah, I know one shouldnt do this ...) that the spirals with the tail pointing in are funnels ...

(thats what I guess you mean) then let me further assume that the tail in means it is pointing towards the camera.

so take a look at this vid I took in February and skip to 1:15 to start watching. I guess that is what you are talking about.#

As far as I new challenge, I will leave this open to someone else to find one ...
(hope you guys dont mind ... and then it is only relevant anyway IF I would count as first to complete it anyway ...)

oh well, so here,s the vid (start watching at 1:15 to save time ...)

V911 (WLToys) demoflight.AVI (4 min 53 sec)

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:10 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
ok,let me assume (yeah, yeah, I know one shouldnt do this ...) that the spirals with the tail pointing in are funnels ...

(thats what I guess you mean) then let me further assume that the tail in means it is pointing towards the camera.

so take a look at this vid I took in February and skip to 1:15 to start watching. I guess that is what you are talking about.#

As far as I new challenge, I will leave this open to someone else to find one ...
(hope you guys dont mind ... and then it is only relevant anyway IF I would count as first to complete it anyway ...)

oh well, so here,s the vid (start watching at 1:15 to save time ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO7ZLEtGe70

Sorry for the confusion, I really dont know what Im talting about when it comes to names for stunts

You vid at 1:15 is kinda what im talking about, however I want to see the tail in the center of the funnel.

If you can make a new vid, that would be good, as we shouldnt use old footage for challenges. Keep it fresh
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Sorry for the confusion, I really dont know what Im talting about when it comes to names for stunts

You vid at 1:15 is kinda what im talking about, however I want to see the tail in the center of the funnel.

If you can make a new vid, that would be good, as we shouldnt use old footage for challenges. Keep it fresh
Well, I hope there are a few more knowledgeable guys watching this than I am, but so I think what you want to see is actually called a nose-in funnel, because the nose of the heli is facing you when you begin the spiraling movement ...
Unfortunately I dont have a cam around - the next time I would be able to do this vid will be on Sunday morning ... and until then, there will definitely somebody else to shorten the shelf life of this challenge ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Well, I hope there are a few more knowledgeable guys watching this than I am, but so I think what you want to see is actually called a nose-in funnel, because the nose of the heli is facing you when you begin the spiraling movement ...
Unfortunately I dont have a cam around - the next time I would be able to do this vid will be on Sunday morning ... and until then, there will definitely somebody else to shorten the shelf life of this challenge ...
Thanks for educating me

I'll update the challenge to nose-in funnel then.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
THis is what I rigged to take videos with my iPhone. Go Pro headstrap with custom plexi glass adapters and a iPhone housing:

It's awesome.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
THis is what I rigged to take videos with my iPhone. Go Pro headstrap with custom plexi glass adapters and a iPhone housing:

It's awesome.

Best,
Chris
Dude, sweet setup
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:45 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
My understanding of nose in or tail in funnels is:

Nose In - the nose is the centre of the circle and the tail is going round the circumference.

Tail In - the tail is the centre of the circle and the nose is going round the circumference.

This video of the mSR will hopefully make this clear as he does tail in funnels.

E Flite Blade MSR Steepest Tail In Funnel 45 deg angle (1 min 21 sec)

... and just to show it can be done on the good old S107, here is one I did earlier

Syma S107 Doing Nose and Tail Funnels (0 min 34 sec)

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,671 Posts
Hey I was wondering when we would see you in here John. Ive been a bit out of touch with most things recently.

I'll soon start building a micro quad so I can join in on more of these challenges, here's my 6mm XPS foam airframe design I will build...

It will use 4 S107 motors, walkera ladybird props, V929 RX ESC GYRO board.

All the info to build one CHEAP! In in the $18 diy quad... COMPLETE! w/video thread.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:53 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Hey I was wondering when we would see you in here John. Ive been a bit out of touch with most things recently.

Hi Dave,

I was in the old thread off and on which I thought was great fun at the beginning but then slowly began to die off.

I know I will never be able to do any plane challenges due to the gale force winds we always seem to have. The heli and quad ones are a possibility but that will come down to how well I feel

Looking forwards to seeing this "taffyquad" in the air
RIP Steve

cheers John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,671 Posts
Given how high you are from the ground I would not recommend you try gateway quad challenge! Had a little mosey at Steve the other day ( my NineEagles Sky Eagle not a person guys) he will be fine, just a snapped wire on the motor, I may convert him to V911 brick so He will not need his own remote anymore. I'm full time college student again as of Moday so either I'll have even lees time for Rc or I'll make use of college equiptment
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:40 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,025 Posts
Twice in the first minute:
Plane: The Death Roll Plummet
The Death Roll Plummet Challenge (1 min 32 sec)
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Twice in the first minute:
Plane: The Death Roll Plummet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPg0d8MnwSQ
Beautiful! you have earned your place in the hall of fame Whats the next challenge