HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:06 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
OK, I guess you should STILL make a distinction as to with WHAT TYPE of heli the challenges are completed (at least coax FP vs. single rotor 'FP, as it is actually easier to do some stuff with a single rotor CP than a FP and it is definitely easier to do stuff with a coax than
It doesn't matter as long as its micro. Lets look at an example using the Plane 3D challenge comparing the 4-Site to the Beast 3D; It would be much easier to hover the 4-site in your living room, but both qualify for the win equally.

Quote:
I guess that compares about to the bounty roll ...
Close but no cigar, take another look at that landing I did

Quote:
which brings me back to my deadline question ... what if somebody completed the challenge already ... can you still put your video up ??
Yeah sure, even if someone beats you to the punch still post your vid, but it wont qualify for a Hall of Fame point. Remember its all about having fun and posting vids
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Moderators Pffft!

These moderators are rather pedantic and/or pathetic. I have incurred several RCgroup infractions for letting you guys know about the Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge, including; cross-posting and off topic advertisement And... there is no option to appeal their decisions

Are you guys NOT micro flyers, and is this NOT the Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge.

I only posted "advertisement" (if you can even call it that, I see it more as an INVITATION RCgroups ) in relevent micro flyer threads.

At this rate there is a strong possibility that I get booted off RCgroups for 5 days

On a side note these FPV guys are a tough crowd They have removed my post from just about every micro FPV thread I posted the invitation in.

I apologise for the rant, I just had to vent.

MFG,
Wil
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:46 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
It doesn't matter as long as its micro. Lets look at an example using the Plane 3D challenge comparing the 4-Site to the Beast 3D; It would be much easier to hover the 4-site in your living room, but both qualify for the win equally.

Close but no cigar, take another look at that landing I did

Yeah sure, even if someone beats you to the punch still post your vid, but it wont qualify for a Hall of Fame point. Remember its all about having fun and posting vids
Close, but no cigar, hmmm ??? Now what does that mean? sure, your landing was better than mine (thats what your statement is supposed to say, obviously - but that is logical, as I used a more difficult heli and had way more ground effect to fight than you did) but I say this again ... totally separated from the "its just about having fun and posting videos" point (as soon as you bring a competition into something, its never no longer "just about having fun" ... its one of the most basic human and in particular MALE traits of character to constantly think of having to proof to everybody else to be better than the rest ... its always about that!)
... so I say that again: coaxes and FP micros should NOT be in the same class, the same how you separated the CPs.
And to proof my point, I challenge you: go get yourself a V911 (its only about 28Euros WITH TX, shipped from China) and do the same bounty roll landing in less time with the V911 than you did with the mCX2!!
THEN - and ONLY THEN - will you have proofed that the type of heli does not matter!

(But I agree with you on the sometimes weird attitude of mods to certain actions ... ... and to the assessment that a whole number of people on here just lack a certain kind of (necessary) "humor" ... come on, life is short and too serious most of the time anyway ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
No worries dude, sorty this got frowned upon, I'm gonna rate throw thread as highly as possible and I recommend everyone else in this thread (participants and viewers alike) do the same.

Just about finished with college application process now then I'm of to do The Backwards Man
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Mar 2009
10,004 Posts
RE: the backwards man ...

... sorry to sound like a "human backside" here (cant use the "offiial" term as it is a "family friendly" site .) but I am going to keep on posting this "request" a lot ...
... if I had a mCX2, I would have taken that yesterday night to fly it backwards under a 6x2.5foot, 3 foot high table and win the challenge ...

There really is a need to specify these challenges more, so that people actually do "justifiably comparable" things (that is why I call the challenges that I put on my youtube channel by the name of the craft that is used, to at least call for equality in ONE major component of the challenge ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:31 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Quote:

... if I had a mCX2, I would have taken that yesterday night to fly it backwards under a 6x2.5foot, 3 foot high table and win the challenge ...

There really is a need to specify these challenges more...
So something like....

3/4Ch Coax Heli:

4Ch Fp Heli (Inc 3D):

Heli 3D:

Quad:

Quad 3D:

Plane:

Plane 3D:

FPV:
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:58 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Close, but no cigar, hmmm ??? Now what does that mean? sure, your landing was better than mine (thats what your statement is supposed to say, obviously - but that is logical, as I used a more difficult heli and had way more ground effect to fight than you did)
Close but no cigar is an old saying, I think it may be an English one. Anyways you gots the point I was more referring to your mCX clip though and the size of the landing pad, anyways.....

Quote:
but I say this again ... totally separated from the "its just about having fun and posting videos" point (as soon as you bring a competition into something, its never no longer "just about having fun" ... its one of the most basic human and in particular MALE traits of character to constantly think of having to proof to everybody else to be better than the rest ... its always about that!)
Is it not also fun to brag about the fish that got away?

Quote:
... so I say that again: coaxes and FP micros should NOT be in the same class, the same how you separated the CPs.
And to proof my point, I challenge you: go get yourself a V911 (its only about 28Euros WITH TX, shipped from China) and do the same bounty roll landing in less time with the V911 than you did with the mCX2!!
THEN - and ONLY THEN - will you have proofed that the type of heli does not matter!
llll, sounds like a challenge But... unfortunately I am currently sinking my moneys into planes, otherwise I'd take you up on it

I once owned a mSR but I sold the thing cause I didnt like the way that it handled, mainly the tail twitching all over the place and the pendulum effect. All bad handling aside it was still quite manouverable and accurate. My point is although, yes, it is more difficult it should be easy enough to land on a roll of paper or fly backwards under a table.

Quote:

... sorry to sound like a "human backside" here (cant use the "offiial" term as it is a "family friendly" site .) but I am going to keep on posting this "request" a lot ...

There really is a need to specify these challenges more, so that people actually do "justifiably comparable" things (that is why I call the challenges that I put on my youtube channel by the name of the craft that is used, to at least call for equality in ONE major component of the challenge ...)
@ everyone: I think he wants to change something, but I just can't narrow it down to what he exactly wants

Ok, I vaguely get your point, but I just cant really see the challenge criteria changing too much, it just comes down to the difficulty right?

How about adding a bonus system instead? Something like you get 2 wall of fame points for doing a heli challenge with a FP heli.

Or

@ everyone again: Should I just add another category:

Coaxial (CX)

Fixed Pitch (FP)

Collective Pitch (CP)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Mar 2009
10,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
So something like....

3/4Ch Coax Heli:

4Ch Fp Heli (Inc 3D):

Heli 3D:

Quad:

Quad 3D:

Plane:

Plane 3D:

FPV:
There are fix pitch helis that can do 3D?? ... No, I am not for putting the FP micros and the CP micros in the same category, as it was actually easier for me to land the mCPX on the tuna can lid (youtube: bulls eye) than it was with the V911 ... exactly BECAUSE of the collective pitch.
I am also for specifying the "object" of the challenge more, like "fly backwards under a table of the following size: AxBxC foot and hover there", as there are myriads of pieces of furniture that all are subsummed under the definition TABLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Sorry But... C'mon I had no choice, as there was so little paper on the roll the prop wash would knock it over as soon as I got close to it.

And... You have to admit that landing was pretty BAD A$$
I do grant that it was a nice landing. However, leaving the roll exposed was half of the challenge.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
No worries dude, sorry this got frowned upon, I'm gonna rate this thread as highly as possible and I recommend everyone else in this thread (participants and viewers alike) do the same.

Just about finished with college application process now then I'm of to do The Backwards Man
Now thats the spirit!!!

@ everyone: I recommend this guys recommendation If you want more competition and/or more videos to watch (spectators?) tell your friends, hell even tell your enemies about this thread
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
I do grant that it was a nice landing. However, leaving the roll exposed was half of the challenge.
Again I'm sorry, but the picture of the roll you posted had heaps of meat on it (ie - paper), and I only had the one nearly depleated roll of paper towels left, so I had to improvise a bit to make it possible.

If I had a full unwrapped roll the challenge would have been 50x easier, that's why I thought placing my nearly depleated roll in a glass would be acceptable and more impressive
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
655 Posts
Well, I'll let you redo it with a fresh roll if you want to meet the original requirements.

In the meantime, I did
The Backwards Man

The Backwards Man (1 min 6 sec)

New challenge
Do a circle around each leg of a table or chair without touching it or the ground. You can do them in any order.
TexasAggie is offline Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
I am also for specifying the "object" of the challenge more, like "fly backwards under a table of the following size: AxBxC foot and hover there", as there are myriads of pieces of furniture that all are subsummed under the definition TABLE
I get what you're saying but we had this issue in the old challenge thread with this challenge

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=911

mCX2 double coffee table leg circle challenge.AVI (3 min 45 sec)

Apparently no one had a table to suit the dimensions specified, and one guy over in my mCX2 thread claimed that he didn't even have a table

I think its better to keep the dimensions of objects and the objects themselves simple. For example this would be a BAD idea: Fly backwards underneath an antique Singer sewing table with the exact dimensions of 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Ok With The Backwards Man done i guess ill have to do the new guess I'll have to do the new Loopy Legs challenge.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
Well, I'll let you redo it with a fresh roll if you want to meet the original requirements.

In the meantime, I did
The Backwards Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRa3DkURX4

New challenge
Do a circle around each leg of a table or chair without touching it or the ground. You can do them in any order.
Pffft!!! maybe after I go shopping next. However the original requirements state that one only needs to land on top of an unwrapped roll of paper, there was no guidelines as to what or where the roll of paper needs to sit. Did I not land on top of an unwrapped roll of paper???

My previous (with the double cofee table challenge) post was a strange coincidence, however do you want me to do it again, or do you want to make a new challenge???

And... you forgot to name the challenge
Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 28, 2012 at 02:33 PM.