Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:49 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Beautiful! you have earned your place in the hall of fame Whats the next challenge
How about this-

Rocket Man

Take off, fly vertical (or as close as you can with your plane) and then chop the power and glide it in for a landing (like the space shuttle).
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
How about this-

Rocket Man

Take off, fly vertical (or as close as you can with your plane) and then chop the power and glide it in for a landing (like the space shuttle).
Nice one! Can it be a hand launch and a belly landing, I might try this tomorrow if the weather permits. It will be my maiden flight outside of phoenix with a P51 micro mustang.
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
Current Challenges:

Heli Coaxial: The Ned Kelly: Land on a CD case while flying outback (in your back yard)

Heli Fixed Pitch & Collective Pitch NON-3D: Circle Work: Complete several funnels with the tail in the center of the funnel

Heli Collective Pitch 3D: Open Doors: Fly inverted through an open doorway.

Quad: The Gateway: Take off inside your house, then fly outside through an open window. Fly the quad outside for 2+ minutes and re-enter the house through the same window and land exactly where you took off from.

Quad 3D: The suicide: Do an inverted stall and count 2 seconds while the quad free falls upside down before proceeding with a complete recovery.

Plane: Rocket Man: Take off, fly vertical (or as close as you can with your plane) and then chop the power and glide it in for a landing (like the space shuttle).

Plane 3D: Couch Potato: Hover in your living room while sitting on your couch.

FPV: The News Reporter: Record a video of yourself at take off and then track a moving vechicle for as long as you can (at a safe distance of course)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:13 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Whoever made the quad challenge: will you accept it being a door and onboard footage so long as it is clear that the challenge is completed?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,361 Posts
Challenge modification proposal accepted. You go, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:18 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,995 Posts
Quote:
Nice one! Can it be a hand launch and a belly landing, I might try this tomorrow if the weather permits. It will be my maiden flight outside of phoenix with a P51 micro mustang.
Yep, that works. Go for it!
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Challenge modification proposal accepted. You go, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Thank you for accepting my somewhat modified terms. I am bringing my quad to work tomorrow, but can't fly if anyone is around so the earliest I can guarantee a video is tomorrow evening Anyone else with a quad consider 9PM EST your deadline to beat me

If I am forced to do it at my house instead of work (where I can do the window) I will attempt to add a hallway to make up for the lesser challenge of flying through a door. In that situation I have YouTube evidence of me flying through two car windows previously to prove I can fly through a small area
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:43 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,628 Posts
When you say through two car windows.... In one side of the car an out the other?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Yes

v929 with 808 #16 - Neighborhood Fun III - w/ car fly through 2 and flying inside fail (6 min 29 sec)

About 1:06
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:52 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
435 Posts
Here is the Rocket Man challenge answer I did.

I took the challenge quite literally. the plane is a glider the motor is a ROCKET boosting the glider so I LITERALLY take off like a rocket and then chop power and glide back like the shuttle.

Here is the video (onboard)

Glider Cam Flight 3 (0 min 43 sec)

Here is a picture of the boost (single channel rudder only) Only the model with the camera is RC the other is just free flight.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:03 AM
Joined Mar 2008
3,775 Posts
Here ...

Tail-IN Funnel with a PICOOZ

4 Channel PicooZ : Tail-In Funnel (0 min 52 sec)
EQMOD is offline Find More Posts by EQMOD
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:46 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Very amusing video indeed but Im not sure if it counts as a win. We'll have to let Bobepine be the judge
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:53 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Here is the Rocket Man challenge answer I did.

I took the challenge quite literally. the plane is a glider the motor is a ROCKET boosting the glider so I LITERALLY take off like a rocket and then chop power and glide back like the shuttle.

Here is the video (onboard)

http://youtu.be/BDPRKfHcf9s

Here is a picture of the boost (single channel rudder only) Only the model with the camera is RC the other is just free flight.

WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER

That was awesome!!! If anyone says that dosent qualify for the challenge, tell them to get lol

Hall of fame here you come

Whats the next challenge
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:57 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQMOD View Post
Here ...

Tail-IN Funnel with a PICOOZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CGGOhGy0-s
While being exactly what I was looking for it was uploaded on Jan 18, 2009. Please make a new video to qualify for the win, sorry
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:28 AM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Very amusing video indeed but Im not sure if it counts as a win. We'll have to let Bobepine be the judge
I wasn't submitting it to the contest, it was recorded pre challenge so I doesn't count. I was just showing that I can fly through a window