Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:38 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
That's what I got were the MiniAviation. Haven't used them yet as they are on the charger. Will try them this Friday. Both my stock battery and the 190 weight 6g on my scale. Don't know why they are the same weight because they are not the same size.
I would believe they could be real close as I just got a 180mAH and it is .15g heavier than stock.

I dont believe you scale is accurate though There is no way stock batteries are 6 grams, well at least not one of the 5 I have
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Experienced but not an Expert
seahawk1984's Avatar
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Hello all

Just bought the Nano this afternoon, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to flip it to inverted flight in my living room. Sorry if this has been asked before, tried searching for my question, and browsing through this thread but haven't found an answer yet.

I'm an experienced helicopter flyer, I have a 450X, and the 130X, and I can flip them and hover them in inverted flight no problem. I have no problem flipping the Nano outside, but I get it inside and I crash every time I flip to inverted. I know it can be done in small places, I even saw a video where one guy flipped it and was hovering inverted under his bed! And my living room is bigger than his bedroom.

So, I know it must be my technique, and I'm looking for some advice. I have my DX8 set to stock settings. Now I'm wondering should I be quicker on the cyclic stick than I would be on the bigger helicopters? So it flips faster, while at the same time drop the collective faster? In other words be quicker on the sticks than I would be on the bigger heli's? Or am I going to fast?

Again, I know it must be in my technique, and I was wondering what you guys discovered going from a larger helicopter to this little Nano?

Thanks for any advice you may offer.
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Last edited by seahawk1984; Oct 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Fixed Grammar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:07 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
eltreato's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
548 Posts
it is a lot harder than it looks. I suggest practicing outside on a calm day over grass. Work on flipping in as small an area as you can. i also find you really need to be quick on the collective. I can fly just fine outdoors, but indoors in my small place 3D is s struggle. I have also lowered my expo to 20% and hope to go lower soon. Full rates are also a must. I just flew away from my first ceiling landing a few minutes ago, this heli will be a lifesavr this winter.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
PA-Electric Shocks Rocks
Cha0sEngine's Avatar
UK
Joined Sep 2003
404 Posts
I've got one of these little guys on the way..
Are there any parts that break easily that i should have in stock?

cheers
Cha0sEngine is offline Find More Posts by Cha0sEngine
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:59 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Number1BSArtist's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sEngine View Post
I've got one of these little guys on the way..
Are there any parts that break easily that i should have in stock?
Just the main and tail motors, batteries, and landing gear if you're hard on them like some guys are.

I just heat up the landing gear a bit and make them spread out so the heli sits lower. I started doing this on the Original Msr just to make it more stable on the ground, but it seems to work well to make them more durable in my experience. Your battery does take more of a hit if you land hard though.

Otherwise, as long as you get used to hitting throttle hold quickly when you decide you're in trouble...It's been said, it's a tough little bird and you won't need much.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:37 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Number1BSArtist's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
I was wondering what you guys discovered going from a larger helicopter to this little Nano?

Thanks for any advice you may offer.
I'm not sure I qualify to answer, but here goes.

Whenever I've flown something bigger after I fly the Nano, the something bigger seems to react in slow-motion.

So maybe start dialing out some Expo while you dial in as much Rate as you can stand and see what happens.

One of my issues was that I had too much Expo with the recommended settings and I was throwing extra bad input at the helicopter in my panic to overreact.

So to answer you, I think.

Yes think go faster.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:07 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Number1BSArtist's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmanv6 View Post
but anyways i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as i do. from straight out of the box it had a vibration and would walk away from me if i let it and seems to be getting worse in the air.
Again, I may not be qualified.

But check the main gear and other things that have been discussed in this thread about solving vibration.

As far as the heli 'walking away' from you. I'm not sure what you mean and I think it's fair to say: We need a little more on that..
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
Fighting Gravity
elgecko's Avatar
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1BSArtist View Post
As far as the heli 'walking away' from you. I'm not sure what you mean and I think it's fair to say: We need a little more on that..
I'm new to CP helis. Been flying the mCPx about 2 weeks before getting the Nano (No flips inverted flight yet).
The 'walking away' may be something I have going on with the Nano also.
I can fly circuits and hover the mCPx with no problems. The Nano on the other hand, with the recommended 30% exp and have the D/R set to 35% to keep it tame till I'm more comfortable with, seems to sometime just shoot off in a direction without any input from me. I spend more time trying to keep the helicopter where I want it the actually flying it.....
Currently I like the mCPx more then the Nano....
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Last edited by elgecko; Oct 11, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
10t Pinion at Clubheli.com
micro50 is offline Find More Posts by micro50
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
I've scanned this thread, so I apologize if this question was asked and I missed it. I'm primarily an airplane guy, but have been flying my MSRX for a year or two now. I'm decent flying it outside - banking turns, fast passes, I can pretty much make it do whatever I want it to. Inside, however, I find it a bit hard to control in a tight space (read that, if there is a wall, I'm going to find it).

I'm very intrigued by this little thing, but don't want to get in over my head for the price of this little thing. Is this too big a leap from an MSRX?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
Registered User
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
Hello all

Just bought the Nano this afternoon, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to flip it to inverted flight in my living room. Sorry if this has been asked before, tried searching for my question, and browsing through this thread but haven't found an answer yet.

I'm an experienced helicopter flyer, I have a 450X, and the 130X, and I can flip them and hover them in inverted flight no problem. I have no problem flipping the Nano outside, but I get it inside and I crash every time I flip to inverted. I know it can be done in small places, I even saw a video where one guy flipped it and was hovering inverted under his bed! And my living room is bigger than his bedroom.

So, I know it must be my technique, and I'm looking for some advice. I have my DX8 set to stock settings. Now I'm wondering should I be quicker on the cyclic stick than I would be on the bigger helicopters? So it flips faster, while at the same time drop the collective faster? In other words be quicker on the sticks than I would be on the bigger heli's? Or am I going to fast?

Again, I know it must be in my technique, and I was wondering what you guys discovered going from a larger helicopter to this little Nano?

Thanks for any advice you may offer.
What I have been doing is starting out in a stable hover at the far end of my living room about waist high and flying it backwards (tail pointed towards me) with a slight descent and quickly flipping it over using forward cyclic and manipulating the collective as I go (the nose is pointed towards me after the flip). This little thing is all over the place, but a blast.
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Go small or go home
ruzam's Avatar
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I'm very intrigued by this little thing, but don't want to get in over my head for the price of this little thing. Is this too big a leap from an MSRX?
I don't think it's too big a leap from an MSRX, but it will be a leap none the less. Outside I think you'll be fine. It will feel a little hairy at first but the nano is really crash tolerant. Before long your MSRX will feel 'tame' by comparison.

But if you're not comfortable flying your MSRX indoors, then you definitely won't be comfortable flying a nano indoors.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro50 View Post
10t Pinion at Clubheli.com
How do you get a 10t in there with good mesh? I would think anything above 8T is pushing it to binding unless you have an adjustable mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I've scanned this thread, so I apologize if this question was asked and I missed it. I'm primarily an airplane guy, but have been flying my MSRX for a year or two now. I'm decent flying it outside - banking turns, fast passes, I can pretty much make it do whatever I want it to. Inside, however, I find it a bit hard to control in a tight space (read that, if there is a wall, I'm going to find it).

I'm very intrigued by this little thing, but don't want to get in over my head for the price of this little thing. Is this too big a leap from an MSRX?
My son (6) flew the msrx about 10-15 times and i sold it and put him on the ncpx. I tame the rates and add expo, dont let him use my brushless and only let him fly outside over grass. I think he is doing great and can do circuits and piros and working on all orientation hovering. IMHO this nano is the new all-around entry level heli that can advance in maneuvers as you do.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
Question, will the nano be more crash resistant than the mcpx and be cheaper to operate? Easier to fly or harder? I'm thinking a new nano is better than a used mcpx
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Question, will the nano be more crash resistant than the mcpx and be cheaper to operate? Easier to fly or harder? I'm thinking a new nano is better than a used mcpx
Harder to fly because it has much more control available, but seems to be a bit more durable. Both of those things are probably due to the lower weight.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 5580 Jul 23, 2014 12:51 PM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 08:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM