HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I believe the mSRX coreless motor is 8.5mm. While the nCPX is 8mm. So you'll probably have to sand and mod the mount like the guy above suggested for the mQX motor. Which I am still having a difficult time understanding BTW.

It sounds like you gotta sand the mount to fit the 8.5mm motor. Then gotta use a 10tooth pinion to reach the main gear. While adding weight to the nCPX?

Sounds like getting a brushless on there is still better.
Agree but Dylan is at least two weeks off on his kits. Oh well, both of mine are running fine for the moment. Have two extra main boards (repaired by coredump) so I will be able to have four BL conversion...low speed & high speed.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Last edited by Willyboy; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Here's a funny one. I was flipping it in the bedroom and I was not playing close enough attention and it flew into my upper front left leg inverted and actually drew a little blood. I was in my underwear when it happened and it wasn't too far from the family jewels. God help me if it was the high speed Bl motor. From now on I will be wearing my sweats or blue jeans! lol

Bob
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:04 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,909 Posts
Bob,
I caught a rotor blade on the forehead flying in the den. Pretty good whack for a small bird...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Jul 2011
18 Posts
yeah i got one of these too whit extra sharp blades, took a slice off the top of my hand with no problem, but anyways i was wondering if anyone else has the same problem as i do. from straight out of the box it had a vibration and would walk away from me if i let it and seems to be getting worse in the air. before you ask i have checked it out several times and havent noticed anything wrong. i have 3 mcpx's and never had this issue with them. i called horizon hobby and they want to treat me like im a high school kid with a my first r/c helicopter. i paid asking price for it at the hobby shop and they want me to send it in for testing?..the service guy said about 2 week turn around...i didnt pay that much for a helicopter to send back to them for testing..i dont know if the hobby shop i got it from will swap it out for me or not and its over an hour away..guess i gotta make a decision...anyone having any issues with theirs?
gmcmanv6 is offline Find More Posts by gmcmanv6
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Got some skin removed on my forearm...these blades are sharp!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:42 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,526 Posts
How do I get a little more punch out of this stock Heli?
thanks
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Bob,
I caught a rotor blade on the forehead flying in the den. Pretty good whack for a small bird...
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Got some skin removed on my forearm...these blades are sharp!
Fast little buggers, aren't they?

On a different note, I just received my 190mAh and they are about 5/16 longer than the 150mAH e-flites but they both weigh the same....6 g. I would have thought the 190's would be heavier. I tried them on an old fashion postage scale also with a balance weight and they both came out the same. I have to charge them up and try them out Friday. Going out of town tomorrow.

Bob

Changed kg to g....big difference
Last edited by Willyboy; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,526 Posts
Quote:
I believe the mSRX coreless motor is 8.5mm. While the nCPX is 8mm. So you'll probably have to sand and mod the mount like the guy above suggested for the mQX motor. Which I am still having a difficult time understanding BTW.

It sounds like you gotta sand the mount to fit the 8.5mm motor. Then gotta use a 10tooth pinion to reach the main gear. While adding weight to the nCPX?

Sounds like getting a brushless on there is still better.
Is this 8mm Nano more powerful than the mSRX ?
thanks
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post

On a different note, I just received my 190mAh and they are about 5/16 longer than the 150mAH e-flites but they both weigh the same....6 kg. I would have thought the 190's would be heavier. I tried them on an old fashion postage scale also with a balance weight and they both came out the same. I have to charge them up and try them out Friday. Going out of town tomorrow.

Bob
Finally got to take mine outside.....flew all over the place..I do inverted, but I don't know how....have a DX6i.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:28 PM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
loving this heli so far. finally get a chance to fly some inverted and 3d w/o wondering if I mess this up how much is it going to cost to fix. soon as I get a new esc for the 450 it should be time to fly that as well.
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:35 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
How do I get a little more punch out of this stock Heli?
thanks
I am about to try a 180mAh mad dog on my stock and my brushless. I bet it gives them both a bit of pep
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
I tried the MQX motor mod and it didn't work for me, I ended up breaking the mount trying to fit the larger motor. You have to sand away too much plastic and it becomes very fragile, it may work for a little while but I can't honestly see it lasting through a crash. Ok so brushless it is, what motor, esc, and hardware do I need? HP03T for the motor is that correct?
JLink125 is offline Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
478 Posts
Where are you guys getting these higher capacity batteries?
AWDstylez is online now Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post

On a different note, I just received my 190mAh and they are about 5/16 longer than the 150mAH e-flites but they both weigh the same....6 kg. I would have thought the 190's would be heavier. I tried them on an old fashion postage scale also with a balance weight and they both came out the same. I have to charge them up and try them out Friday. Going out of town tomorrow.

Bob
Which 190mAh did you buy? The only one I am aware of is the MiniAviation.

The EFlite 150mAh is among the lighter LiPo in it's class @4.28g. And generally, the 190mAh are over 5g.

Hows the flight time and throttle punches?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Which 190mAh did you buy? The only one I am aware of is the MiniAviation.

The EFlite 150mAh is among the lighter LiPo in it's class @4.28g. And generally, the 190mAh are over 5g.

Hows the flight time and throttle punches?
That's what I got were the MiniAviation. Haven't used them yet as they are on the charger. Will try them this Friday. Both my stock battery and the 190 weight 6g on my scale. Don't know why they are the same weight because they are not the same size.