Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:58 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
I cannot get the vibrations out of the heli. I have tried both sets of blades, adjusted the blade grip tightness from loose to tight, made sure the feathering shaft was tight. what else are you guys doing to fix vibration? is it necessary to balance these little blades?
yes balance them
Also check your feathering shaft to verify it isnt bent. You want the feathering shaft tight but not too tight. Tighten until the blade grips start to bind then back off until they move freely
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
I cannot get the vibrations out of the heli. I have tried both sets of blades, adjusted the blade grip tightness from loose to tight, made sure the feathering shaft was tight. what else are you guys doing to fix vibration? is it necessary to balance these little blades?
Feathering shaft should have a hairs worth of end play not tight. I had vibration and tried everything but, nothing helped. I changed the motor because, it seemed to be pulsing and that fixed it. Now it is very smooth flying.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Quote:
Try loosening it up a little. Horizon says that there should be about a hair width of play.
dway is offline Find More Posts by dway
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
cool, ill try that, thanks!
nebwake is online now Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Is a good mod, not like brushless but beter than stock. take a drill and glue sand paper to half of it. Only sand the front side of the frame. remember you need a 10t Pinion to make this work or you wil not see 5500 heed speed Zero pitch, full pitch 3400 MQX Clockwize Motor.
micro50 is offline Find More Posts by micro50
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
I got some crazy vibrations when I bent the feathering spindle. Bent it back and all is well. Awesome little helicopter. I also found out those little black plastic pieces are for the feathering spindle, only after I somehow removed and installed with the point of a razor blade and a screw driver. My nano tech batteries are not performing more than 3 minutes in fff, it dies when I try to go IU. Stock batteries work just fine though.
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:17 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Dec 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
yes balance them
Also check your feathering shaft to verify it isnt bent. You want the feathering shaft tight but not too tight. Tighten until the blade grips start to bind then back off until they move freely
If you are still getting vibes after this, pull off the head and run up the heli to check for a bent main shaft. Mine came out of the box with a slight bend, enough to cause vibrations.
Easy fix to make another shaft- 2mm cf rod, using the old main shaft as a template
sbarro is offline Find More Posts by sbarro
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
What is the heed speed of a ncpx ?
micro50 is offline Find More Posts by micro50
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
MedellŪn, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
312 Posts
Guys where do you buy the brushless conversions with international shipping? and for mcpx?

thank you in advance!
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro50 View Post
Is a good mod, not like brushless but beter than stock. take a drill and glue sand paper to half of it. Only sand the front side of the frame. remember you need a 10t Pinion to make this work or you wil not see 5500 heed speed Zero pitch, full pitch 3400 MQX Clockwize Motor.
I'm picking up one of these motors today, I will do the BL upgrade as soon as they are available but this looks good for now since my stock motor is toast. I took it apart since I will be replacing it anyway and found a lot of fine metal specks in and around the end of the motor around the brushes, looks like these little motors are eating themselves alive. Wish HH would use better quality motors, it's a bit disappointing to have it die with only 40 or so flights and only 20 to 25 of them were at full performance before I lost quite a bit of power. Where can I get a 10t pinion? Any pics of the mod would be really helpful.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,180 Posts
cool little heli..
just flew my fourth pack through it..
feels like it needs a tad more power with my DX6i
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:01 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819 View Post
Guys where do you buy the brushless conversions with international shipping? and for mcpx?

thank you in advance!
Well as far as a kit there is none available yet. But you can buy all the parts from Dylan at astroiddesigns.com or Topper at topcopter.com.

If you want a kit Dylan should have some in a few weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Just curious, has anyone tried the MSRX coreless motor (BLH 3203) motor in the Nano and if so, how do you like it?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I almost did But I stole the 8t pinion off of it instead
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,080 Posts
I believe the mSRX coreless motor is 8.5mm. While the nCPX is 8mm. So you'll probably have to sand and mod the mount like the guy above suggested for the mQX motor. Which I am still having a difficult time understanding BTW.

It sounds like you gotta sand the mount to fit the 8.5mm motor. Then gotta use a 10tooth pinion to reach the main gear. While adding weight to the nCPX?

Sounds like getting a brushless on there is still better.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon