HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:28 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
I have mastered the mSR, so I guess it's time for the next level. This looks perfect. Just finished pre-ordering mine along with some Miniaviation 190's. Hopefully those will break the 5 minute mark.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno95 View Post
Yes for 3D, we'v put 3mn (manual recommend this)
How's the tail?
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Brushed Motor
Blade Nano CP X (1 min 47 sec)
NorCal is offline Find More Posts by NorCal
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
When I first saw it, I thought don't need it but, after spending time repairing my mCPX today I remembered that the mCPX has cost me more in parts than all my other heli's combined. I'm going to wait for the reviews to come in and if they are positive I think I might get one to replace my mCPX. If it is more durable and cost me less in parts that is reason enough for me to buy one.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:47 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Man you must be hard on your stuff. I have ran mine into a brick wall and not broken it. I crash my mcpx at least 5 time a flight and have only spent maybe $25 in parts with a good 350 flights maybe more. I cannot imagine a more durable heli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
When I first saw it, I thought don't need it but, after spending time repairing my mCPX today I remembered that the mCPX has cost me more in parts than all my other heli's combined. I'm going to wait for the reviews to come in and if they are positive I think I might get one to replace my mCPX. If it is more durable and cost me less in parts that is reason enough for me to buy one.
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:01 PM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
423 Posts
Now that they have a true micro CP, I think it's time for some scale bodies. Micro AH-1 Cobra anyone?
bfaulguy is offline Find More Posts by bfaulguy
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Scale bodies... I buy the micros so I can crash em! I tried to crash my mcpx's at least 5 times a flight or I wasn't learning something new
I like scale for the larger Helis that I play nicely with

Just about to pre-order two of these.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
+1 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
scale bodies... I buy the micros so i can crash em! I tried to crash my mcpx's at least 5 times a flight or i wasn't learning something new
i like scale for the larger helis that i play nicely with

just about to pre-order two of these.
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:15 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Huh?! What other helis do you have? IMHO the MCPX is one of the most cost effective helis out there! Though it seems like this nano will take it's place...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Looks like a nice little heli ! I am hoping this heli might be easyer to fly in small spaces than the mcpx, I could never fly my mcpx in my house to many crashes this might be the answer.
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I used to fly mine in the bathroom right above my tub...crashing all the time! I think the key for me was more expo for in a limited space since my fingers always got excited in small areas. Amazing how durable the mcpx was. Cant wait for the nano.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
Man you must be hard on your stuff. I have ran mine into a brick wall and not broken it. I crash my mcpx at least 5 time a flight and have only spent maybe $25 in parts with a good 350 flights maybe more. I cannot imagine a more durable heli!
I fly mine in my very small backyard with too many trees, house, pergola, fences and overhead utilities. I also fly in gusting wind conditions which I probably shouldn't do. That gives me very little time to hit throttle hold. I mostly break main shafts, feathering shafts and frames.

I'm retired so I fly my mCPX 10 - 12 times per day.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Apr 2007
33 Posts
"How's the tail?" -> Tail is same as MCPX, hold very well as soon as you don't use too much power with overpitch (Then 1s lipo voltage drop and main and tail motor speed rpm drops..no secret.. : -) ).

A good tool to learn managing power instead of pure stick banging like in the simulator
bruno95 is online now Find More Posts by bruno95
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:26 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
How's the tail?
Significantly improved over the mCPX. It's the same motor and tail rotor as the mCPX v2, but on a heli that weighs 1/3 less. That means much less torque to counteract. You can still get it to blowout, but you have to get DEEP into the collective to make it happen. It requires much less collective management compared to the mCPX. With the Nano, I just don't think about blowing out the tail any more, which was a big part of enabling me to take the first steps of inverted.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
446 Posts
Must have, just to help complete a growing series. Wife may think I'm crazy!
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds