HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-man View Post
That's good for you, but it suck's for me because I called this morning about a binding issues and they want me to send it in.... Now I'm p'd off

I really didn't want to send it in...but I would have. I have 20+ yrs of soldering everything from large through hole components all the way down to 1005 R's and C's! I used to program the robotics that would populate the circuit boards for cell phones, when I was at Nokia...so I told the guy that if he would send me the new battery wire, I'd repair it myself, he said they don't have that part. I also told him how happy I was with HH and their customer service because they ALWAYS make things right! And Thank you sir, you guys are AWESOME!!

Sorry you had a little trouble with them
Maybe send them an e-mail to their product support dept. I know it says not to email them at that e-mail...but it works. productsupport@horizonhobby.com
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Nice looks like you now have a board to go brushless. You dont want the battery to go straight the the nano board anyhow
Yeah...prolly not... This thing has plenty of power for me
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Well in the process of removing my servos for a revised motor mount and 7T pinion install my elevator servo socket fell off It sure wasn't mount well in the first place.

But I was able to re-solder it and probably going to fill around it with epoxy so it doesnt happen again. So careful with them there servo sockets!
I really don't know how you did this because I had the same thing happen on my Beast board and tried to re-solder it and it was a disaster. Thank God HH sent me a new one. I think you need a microscope and micro tools to do this job. I have two boards on my Nano that stop working and after playing around with them, I got them both working but only intermittently. I have someone who knows how to repair them and if he is successful, then I will have low speed BL & and high BL board for both my birds as well as the two stock boards I am using now.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:36 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Yeah...prolly not... This thing has plenty of power for me
send it to me then

Nah really convert the one to a brushless with 7T pinion and it can run just like stock with power in reserve if wanted and without any bog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I really don't know how you did this because I had the same thing happen on my Beast board and tried to re-solder it and it was a disaster. Thank God HH sent me a new one. I think you need a microscope and micro tools to do this job. I have two boards on my Nano that stop working and after playing around with them, I got them both working but only intermittently. I have someone who knows how to repair them and if he is successful, then I will have low speed BL & and high BL board for both my birds as well as the two stock boards I am using now.

Bob
It wasnt too bad resoldering it though i am not a pro like Heliman...but I get by. I did only have my medium tip so it wasnt as clean as I would have liked but quite functional. I would have prefered to use a set of helping hands and a mag but i was just lucky I brought my iron home from work yesterday

What boards are you refering to on the nano? Are you refering to thesteve converters?

On your beast board do you still have it? If so maybe I can fix it Post a pic and I'll know right away if possible or not.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
[QUOTE=indoorheli;22923146
I
What boards are you refering to on the nano? Are you refering to thesteve converters?

On your beast board do you still have it? If so maybe I can fix it Post a pic and I'll know right away if possible or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes the Nano boards. The soldering on the Nano boards seems to be more brittle and lower quality than on my 130x. They seem to be much more subject to hairline fractures and separation on transistors from the board. I really couldn't see any of these problems on my boards but I l know they exist because after playing around with both of them, I got them working but only intermittently.

I lost the receptor for my beast board so I guess I am screwed on that one. I keep all "defective" in case I need them for salvage for something else down the road.

Bob
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:21 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Man, when you land, this thing comes down hard!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:32 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
I reduced the rates of aileron and elevator to 30% with 25% expo. Left rudder at 85%. If you're not into 3D, also reduce the pitch curve so there's little or no negative pitch below mid stick.
Ok,...explain how to do the pitch thing as I am ignorant on the settings of the DX6i thanks!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:36 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Yes the Nano boards. The soldering on the Nano boards seems to be more brittle and lower quality than on my 130x. They seem to be much more subject to hairline fractures and separation on transistors from the board. I really couldn't see any of these problems on my boards but I l know they exist because after playing around with both of them, I got them working but only intermittently.

I lost the receptor for my beast board so I guess I am screwed on that one. I keep all "defective" in case I need them for salvage for something else down the road.

Bob
You can get a whole bunch of those from digi-key or direct solder the servo lead onto the board.

Wow I am surprised you have gone through that many nano boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
well that depends on how you land
Quote:
Ok,...explain how to do the pitch thing as I am ignorant on the settings of the DX6i thanks!
dial pitch curve to 50-50-50-65-75 that should prove mellow
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:37 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,063 Posts
Landing hard would be the pilot, not the Heli.

Some people call my landings...crashes. :|

LOL
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:39 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,354 Posts
Quote:
Maybe when YOU land it...

It is kinda twitchy in the pitch axis, but it can still be landed properly, not that it needs to be.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:45 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
I called them back and got the same jerk and told them I read a post on how great the service is that someone is getting a new board for frayed wires. And mine is clearly a board problem and I offered to send a video. Still I didn't get anywhere. He did offer a mailing label but I'm still P"d.

I too have an electronic background and have 30+ years of soldering experience at component level. I'm sure my board has a cold solder joint that's cracked.

I still think HH has good service but I hoping for them to just send one. The more I type right now the madder I get.. so long for now...
beer-man is offline Find More Posts by beer-man
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
I crashed today and now I am getting tail blow out. Any suggestions?

Oh and for some reason this helicopter attracts Dragonflys like it was made for that. I had 15 dragonflys come out of the woodwork and were attacking it.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
I crashed today and now I am getting tail blow out. Any suggestions?

Oh and for some reason this helicopter attracts Dragonflys like it was made for that. I had 15 dragonflys come out of the woodwork and were attacking it.
hey dogfights without damage go for it.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:51 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,368 Posts
just took this thing outside today, and I must say I'm very impressed, doing flips, rolls, loops and inverted no problem. Great heli and very durable

can't wait for maybe a brushless kit to come out for alittle extra power to make tic tocs and piro flips easier.
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
You can get a whole bunch of those from digi-key or direct solder the servo lead onto the board.

Wow I am surprised you have gone through that many nano boards!
I looked up Digi-Key but I have no idea what they call this part. I would spend the rest of my life trying to find it because they have such a large inventory of electronic parts and I am clueless when it comes to any electrical.

Bob