HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:40 AM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by migser85 View Post
same happened to me with my mcpx board, was really hard to resolder it but finally worked, i think those sockets are really weak so i also recommend people to put a bit of epoxy on them when new
It's impossible to resolder anything but the contact fingers. There are two 'mounting' points on each socket that are supposed to be soldered to pads on the board, but they can only be soldered by dunking the board in a solder bath. At least I don't know of a way to get heat to them to re-attach them.

So once the socket comes free you can never put it back on to factory strength without some additional glue.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:46 AM
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Joined Feb 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
It's impossible to resolder anything but the contact fingers. There are two 'mounting' points on each socket that are supposed to be soldered to pads on the board, but they can only be soldered by dunking the board in a solder bath. At least I don't know of a way to get heat to them to re-attach them.

So once the socket comes free you can never put it back on to factory strength without some additional glue.
true, i resolder just the 3 contacts from the pins, the two mounting points you are talking about i just glued it with epoxy so the servo socket stays in place to be able to resolder the 3 pin contacts
migser85 is offline Find More Posts by migser85
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post

You can make out the bushing on this pic:

HOW did you get that already? Or is that from the McpX?
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
MSR, MSRX, MCPX and now the NCPX. They all have inter-changeable tail booms. The length of the boom varies, and the strength of the motor varies (maybe), but otherwise the motors are all the same dimensions and likewise the end motor holders.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
It's not mine, just leeched the pic to show the bushing.

Yes, I believe it's for the mCPx, but since it's supposed to be the same motor on the Nano, most likely it will work on the Nano (the boom might be different - haven't checked yet).
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
How do you adjust zero pitch at mid stick is it just lengthing the servo arms ?

Also is there a DIY on this on this thread ?
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post

Yup, I htink my mounting points were not installed correctly on that one as i wasnt ruff with it. Oh well at least it wasnt too hard to solder after all teh FET work I have done

If anyone is interested I started a thread in this forum for brushless conversions
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post22920453
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:59 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
How do you adjust zero pitch at mid stick is it just lengthing the servo arms ?

Also is there a DIY on this on this thread ?
Yup just adjust those arms. There is lines at the top that people are using for zero pitch alignment or you can just fold the blades back and adjust until level. like this vid for the mcpx
Mcpx 0 pitch setup (4 min 42 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:25 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
I got one today...I do have a question or two...when I power it up, one of the servos makes noise...is this normal? Is it the AS3X??? or is it bad and I need to exchange it.?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Somehow my battery wire has come into contact with the main gear...Called HH, told them about it, mentioned it might have been my fault how I ran the battery wire. I told them I was afraid the two wires might short out and cause a fire and/or ruin the board. The guy said that I could send it back and they would replace the wire. Then I said if they would send me the wire, I would do the repair myself. He said hold on a minute, I'll be right back...He came back on the phone and said they would just send another board out to me to replace this one! MAN! I love HH's customer service!!! I just got an invoice from them, that it is on the way!!
This heli is what the Mcpx should have been! Still...for me...it is squirrely, especially when the Air Conditioning kicks in
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
they are noisy because of the small center pulse width and they are constantly trying to verify center...so yes it is normal
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:32 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Somehow my battery wire has come into contact with the main gear...Called HH, told them about it, mentioned it might have been my fault how I ran the battery wire. I told them I was afraid the two wires might short out and cause a fire and/or ruin the board. The guy said that I could send it back and they would replace the wire. Then I said if they would send me the wire, I would do the repair myself. He said hold on a minute, I'll be right back...He came back on the phone and said they would just send another board out to me to replace this one! MAN! I love HH's customer service!!! I just got an invoice from them, that it is on the way!!
This heli is what the Mcpx should have been! Still...for me...it is squirrely, especially when the Air Conditioning kicks in
Nice looks like you now have a board to go brushless. You dont want the battery to go straight the the nano board anyhow
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:50 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
they are noisy because of the small center pulse width and they are constantly trying to verify center...so yes it is normal
Thank You very much....it's a long trip to the LHS.

Anyone have any really toned down settings for my DX6i? I really don't have much living room space and it is raining, actually thunder and lightning.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Thank You very much....it's a long trip to the LHS.

Anyone have any really toned down settings for my DX6i? I really don't have much living room space and it is raining, actually thunder and lightning.
I reduced the rates of aileron and elevator to 30% with 25% expo. Left rudder at 85%. If you're not into 3D, also reduce the pitch curve so there's little or no negative pitch below mid stick.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:42 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
That's good for you, but it suck's for me because I called this morning about a binding issues and they want me to send it in.... Now I'm p'd off

Quote:
beer-man is offline Find More Posts by beer-man