HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:59 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
I know some will now try what the heli does at 18.82 mm. Perhaps it will then fly itself...

Would have been easier if they had left a marker on the shaft...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I know some will now try what the heli does at 18.82 mm. Perhaps it will then fly itself...

We could mark the shaft ourselves before the first flight.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:17 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,757 Posts
Seems like a pretty good practice, as pre-first-flight-check.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post

I am still under the impression that they did mark the shaft..........
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:51 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Do you actually straighten the shaft and reinstall it or, do you replace it? How do you straighten it?
I fogot about this yesterday. Yes i straighten my shafts I put them in a pair plies that has about 1mm bite per tooth. I then grab the shaft tight at one end and hit the pliers downward on to my bench with a hammer. As the pliers slide down the FS it straightens it. It will straighten it up to 15 times before it turns to butter.

I know pretty cavemanish but it works. My normal straightening method does not work on these shafts since it has a hex at one end.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:07 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Brian James from HH (Blade) states:

Taken from
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455520

He has some important tips there you should read.
The tips are pretty good, but setting all the links to the swash at 25mm will have the swash tilted forward. If you haven't examined your heli, the rear servo sits a few mm's higher than the servos on the side. So having all the links exactly the same is assuming all the servos are at the same height, they are not. The rear link should be closer to 22 to 23 mm
skeppley is online now Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:14 PM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,058 Posts
Just hope mine survives more flights, new to 3D thought this puppie might make it. Certainly has!

After some Sim practice, forward roll was easiest move for me, and accomplished it moments ago, not pretty but one fully recovered, wow, I'm Hooked.

Using the RTF DX4e, at just over mid stick flick the Act switch, oh my!
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Last edited by wnppmy; Oct 04, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
[QUOTE=KYChopper;22912640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
I'm suing HH!

So keep an eye on the tail motor, a bit of lubing and a quick checkup on the bushing is needed!

Where did you apply the lubricant? Can you take a picture showing it for us newbies?
If you remove the prop, you can see a teeny tiny brass/ bronze busing that keeps the shaft in place. Apply only small fraction of a drop!

You can make out the bushing on this pic:

McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
just picked up a ncpx from my local hobby shop, I'm surprised I haven't actually flown it yet, just been to busy with other things :/
HeliStyle is online now Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:42 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I fogot about this yesterday. Yes i straighten my shafts I put them in a pair plies that has about 1mm bite per tooth. I then grab the shaft tight at one end and hit the pliers downward on to my bench with a hammer. As the pliers slide down the FS it straightens it. It will straighten it up to 15 times before it turns to butter.

I know pretty cavemanish but it works. My normal straightening method does not work on these shafts since it has a hex at one end.

I would like to see a video of that!
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:52 PM
Plano, Dallas, TX
Joined Oct 2008
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
just picked up a ncpx from my local hobby shop, I'm surprised I haven't actually flown it yet, just been to busy with other things :/
Fly it and enjoy it my friend Just set zero pitch at center as per indoorheli's excellent description and fly! This little guy is a blast!!!
HansV is offline Find More Posts by HansV
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:34 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
327 Posts
I received mine on Monday, and despite the brushed motor and a bit of tail wag, I have to say this is what the mCPX v1 should have been. If I had to pick I'd take this guy over the mCPX v1. Can't speak for the v2 or brushless conversions.

And I'll be lining up like the rest when the brushless versions come out in a year or two. We know they will, and that AS3X wll get better and better. HH will do just fine spending a few bucks more on the bird and reaping the benefit of more replacement parts over time. This is an amazing time to be into micros!
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
I'm using dx4e too, I think we are at a disadvantage. Eventually I'll get my 9x flashed and upgraded with spectrum chip. It still flies great with the dx4e though.

But I did get to radio shack and changed out the throttle hold button to a flat face style two way toggle. But I also discovered when the circuit closes throttle hold is not activated, it must be closed and then opened. Closing circuit while flying and it just kept right on flying. But I can live with that, it can still be setup for one action to activate throttle hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnppmy View Post
Just hope mine survives more flights, new to 3D thought this puppie might make it. Certainly has!

After some Sim practice, forward roll was easiest move for me, and accomplished it moments ago, not pretty but one fully recovered, wow, I'm Hooked.

Using the RTF DX4e, at just over mid stick flick the Act switch, oh my!
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:30 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Well in the process of removing my servos for a revised motor mount and 7T pinion install my elevator servo socket fell off It sure wasn't mount well in the first place.

But I was able to re-solder it and probably going to fill around it with epoxy so it doesnt happen again. So careful with them there servo sockets!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:28 AM
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Joined Feb 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well in the process of removing my servos for a revised motor mount and 7T pinion install my elevator servo socket fell off It sure wasn't mount well in the first place.

But I was able to re-solder it and probably going to fill around it with epoxy so it doesnt happen again. So careful with them there servo sockets!
same happened to me with my mcpx board, was really hard to resolder it but finally worked, i think those sockets are really weak so i also recommend people to put a bit of epoxy on them when new
migser85 is offline Find More Posts by migser85