SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
I'm suing HH!

I burnt my tongue!!

I noticed, the tail started to act up usually on the 3rd pack, I was wondering what the problem was and used my tongue to check the tail SHSSHHIIISSSZZZZ ouch! That thing was damn HOT! No warning stickers, Don't put the Nano in your mouth?!?! How can this bird be sold in the US??

Later, I did a 3 packs again, and this time I measured the temperature, the highest reading I could get was 62 Celsius... After another flight + crash I noticed the bushing was loose! Pushed it back with pliers and pulled it a little bit, since it was stuck slightly. Gave it a nano-drop of high quality bearing oil (don't use WD stuff), and since then I haven't been able to push the tail motor over 40 Celsius

So keep an eye on the tail motor, a bit of lubing and a quick checkup on the bushing is needed!

Ah, for the record, I'm suing HH for robbing me from all my spare time
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:42 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
My nCPX has the cyclic shakes just like my 130X and I have not been able to cure either one. I got a metal swash for my 130X in today and it completely sold the shakes. In fact it flies 100% better. Rock solid.

Cannot wait for a metal swash for the nCPX!!
Where did you get the aluminum swash for the 130x?

Also, any flight comparisons with the Nano vs. MCPX?

Thanks
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Where did you get the aluminum swash for the 130x?

Also, any flight comparisons with the Nano vs. MCPX?

Thanks
I got the swash from heli parts direct on Ebay. Fast delivery and a good price.

The nano flies as good or better than the MCPX but will require LOTS of expo to tame it down a bit.
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:31 AM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Someone should do a separate BL build thread.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Ditto
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
That thing was damn HOT! No warning stickers, Don't put the Nano in your mouth?!?! How can this bird be sold in the US??
Well maybe not helicopters, but you'll be happy to know, you are protected from kinder eggs... we can't stop everything, but at least we can protect you from the really bad stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_..._United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawn_darts#Safety_and_bans
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:53 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
I can do one but you could just go gander at Dylans thread on HF as that is the base line of what everyone is going by. I changed it a bit like lack of motor mods and such but it is still closely following what he has down.

I mounted it this morning and used part of a link, a damper and a msr blade grip screw for each servo mount contact point.

On 8 tooth is is very susceptible to vibes but once figured out where they are coming from it is a beast!
It is picky about batteries, a well used one gets about 2 minutes and a few nanotechs only get one minute. A stock new battery still gets me 3ish of flipping erraticly
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I can do one but you could just go gander at Dylans thread on HF as that is the base line of what everyone is going by. I changed it a bit like lack of motor mods and such but it is still closely following what he has down.

I mounted it this morning and used part of a link, a damper and a msr blade grip screw for each servo mount contact point.

On 8 tooth is is very susceptible to vibes but once figured out where they are coming from it is a beast!
It is picky about batteries, a well used one gets about 2 minutes and a few nanotechs only get one minute. A stock new battery still gets me 3ish of flipping erraticly
What about battery life on a 7 tooth. How about a link to that thread?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:28 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Man I must be worse with helis than I thought. I was flying this thing inside last night and had to end up dialing down my dual rates to 75 on everything (rudder, aileron, elevator) and I also had to soften my pitch curve around mid stick in order to comfortably fly inside my house.

Having said that... my new settings are working quite well for me. I think my pitch curve is something like (0,35,50,65,100) instead of the suggested (0,25,50,75,100). I'm using this on my ST1 switch with a throttle curve of 100 across the board. But as I'm writing this I'm wondering if I had used the suggested ST1 throttle curve of 100,90,80,90,100 if it would've been less touchy around mid stick with the more linear pitch curve? I might have to try that out. But either way I'm now happy with my indoor flying settings.

It's interesting to me to see how certain weaknesses in my flying abilities are much more exposed while flying indoors. Outdoors I can sling this thing around with zero issues but I guess all that open space is hiding some weakenesses that I have. Hopefully if I continue to fly lots indoors it will just strengthen my skills.

I DID manage to get it inverted inside and do a ceiling landing though. Pretty sweet. The flip to inverted and getting stabilized was not pretty though. I was all over the place and nearly lost it a few times. But once I got into a stable inverted hover the ceiling landing as easy and fun.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:30 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
It's interesting to me to see how certain weaknesses in my flying abilities are much more exposed while flying indoors. Outdoors I can sling this thing around with zero issues but I guess all that open space is hiding some weakenesses that I have. Hopefully if I continue to fly lots indoors it will just strengthen my skills.
Amen Brother! Did you see my indoor video/durability test!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:37 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Amen Brother! Did you see my indoor video/durability test!
Not yet! But I have a feeling I'm right there with you! I've bounced this thing off of just about anything you can imagine in my house so far and ZERO damage. It's just amazing.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
What about battery life on a 7 tooth. How about a link to that thread?
I'll let you know later today when i do more testing. BUt the 8 tooth gave me the same time as stock with a good battery.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=455791
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
anyone have a swash plate lever for this little guy?
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:01 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
use the shaft collar

I did a quick write up with the Brushless conversion if anyone is interested
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22903666
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:54 PM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
This little Heli has totally changed my life!!! I have probably crashed it 40 times since I got it on the 30th of September! It is still flying great! Anyway, things I was so scared to do with my 450 I am doing now with this little heli with NO FEAR! I took out my 450 yesterday and felt so comfortable flying it... I couldn't believe what 3 days of intense flying and getting over my fear of crashing would do for my confidence and skill level!

It's weird because I totally kick butt in the Real Flight but when it comes to doing it in real-life, I get the shakes and my nerves do more controlling and causing crashes then anything.

My wife couldn't understand why something so small could cost $150 but I told her about how much it would cost for 40 crashes in a T-Rex 450 and she actually understood why I was so excited! Plus the tech behind this is amazing!

I would like to thank Giovanni Day for his video which inspired me to get this little bird! Thanks Bro and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero