HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
A CP size liked my mSR, that's one more to the list! Something that can survive crash after crash just like the mSR (hopefully).
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:07 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
This thing seems to have a way better power to weight ratio than the stock Mcpx. Sweet!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Would one normally receive it quicker pre-ordering from Horizon Hobby, than from another reseller such as Wholesale trains?
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:21 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,279 Posts
For outside perhaps too small, but this might make a nice small airframe for smalll scale helis, especially if the power to weight ratio is as good as it looks.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:53 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Wrong thread... Deleted.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Sep 07, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:17 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
wonder what Walkera will release next?
Probably the Walkera micro CP V1001D9901.

Can't wait to see some reviews on this nCPX as I am looking for an indoor 3d basher but am not at all keen on most of the stuff that Walkera churn out in droves (with the shelf life of a pint of Cows Milk).
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
I agree with your analysis. And thanks!

A couple months ago I used the Nano to learn inverted hovering. The lower mass provides all the benefits you have described. Hit throttle hold and it's very much like the mSR from a durability standpoint. During this process I never popped a link much less lost one, and the main gear only slipped on the shaft once as a result of one hellacious impact. Canopy pins are still intact.

So from a personal experience standpoint, the Nano has helped me move to the next level in heli flying, and I'm now enjoying helis in a way I wasn't sure I'd ever achieve. You can call this hype if you want to, but I'm just sharing my own personal experience here. Your mileage may very.
Post a video of yourself flying dude. It would be nice actually to see a less than pro flying and practicing inversion because Im no pro. I saw that leaked vid but the guy crashed it pretty quickly.

Hopefully this will also advance my cp skills. pre ordered. Can't wait
rdandy5875 is offline Find More Posts by rdandy5875
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:54 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
I can't believe this Just came out after I just sold off all my 1s lipos. I had like 20 or so. Some where getting a little tired though. I want this heli as I still keep crashing my brushless mcpx and this new nano will give me a better and cheaper platform to learn on. I only just found out about it. So when is it coming out then guys
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I see 2 possible 'inconveniences' of this tiny bird:
  1. It seems the disc is a little small. You'll notice a little bit of rocking back and forth before the flybarless controller finds it's happy place.
  2. The tail looks like it might feel a little heavy in flight. If you watch the aileron tic-tocs, even James Haily has a hard time keeping it locked in. It seems that centrifugal force is pushing the tail outward.
Neither of these are issues, just inconvenient flight characteristics. Nevertheless, mine is pre-ordered!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:30 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
I can't believe this Just came out after I just sold off all my 1s lipos. I had like 20 or so. Some where getting a little tired though. I want this heli as I still keep crashing my brushless mcpx and this new nano will give me a better and cheaper platform to learn on. I only just found out about it. So when is it coming out then guys
At least 1s lipos are really cheap!

Blade/Eflite/HH is KILLING me!! About a year ago I said that I need a CP heli that was bigger and more powerful than the mCPx for backyard flying. Along comes with 130x. EXACTLY what I was looking for. Then about 6 months ago I said it would be really nice to have an mSRx sized indoor CP heli and NOW they've released this.

Awesome job guys! Seriously. You know you're doing the right thing as a company when you are consistently putting products on the shelves that allow people to find more and more ways to have fun with this hobby.

What a fantastic time to be in the hobby. I can fly helis in my house. I can fly helis in my backyard. I can fly planes in my backyard. And when it's freakin' raining or too cold... guess what? I can plug my transmitter into the computer and getting a really darn good simulation experience.

Keep it coming HH... keep it coming!! Off topic but while you're at it - how about that dang Park Size Beast I've been looking/waiting/longing for all this time? You got me hooked on the wee Beastie with the V1 and now the 3D Beast with AS3X. Now I just need a park flyer sized Beast (preferrably balsa but I'll take whatever you can give me )!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Gee, do you think anyone else noticed the release of the nano? LOL
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:13 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Gee, do you think anyone else noticed the release of the nano? LOL
LOL! I noticed that too. I've still got my original mSR. I haven't flown it in probably a year or more but it's not worth selling it. It might cost me more to ship it than I could get from selling it!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:46 AM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Woah, saw this on facebook. Something tells me I need to get back into flying helis soon!
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts
Well with indoor season fast approaching here in Michigan this is great news. I've been having a blast the last couple months with my 130X and even though I've had some issues with it my overall experience has been very good. It has helped me re-learn to fly helicopters on a different mode to where I now am doing flips, rolls, slow pirouettes and nose in hovering in a little over 100 flights. Working on inverted circuits and hovering on the sim and hope to be doing it on the 130X soon.

A couple of us were talking the other day and commenting that while the mcpx is nice we were wanting something that would be a little more comfortable to fly in the house. This way when we learned something on the sim we could immediately try it in real life.

Time to sell a couple more planes to fund this and a 450X.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I always liked flying the mcpx in my house but a little smaller is always nice. with the new nano maybe i will be able to do funnels in my small rooms
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed