HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:28 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguytrem View Post
Hi guys, what is te best: Blade nano or mini CP Walkera? And what is the difference?
Best regards!
Guy
With the MiniCP, you're lucky to get 2 minute flights. The servos' will strip if you look at them the wrong way. Good luck with customer support too, unless you live w/in driving distance of WOWHobbies.

The NanoCPX should get 3 minute flights w/ hard 3d....... AND HH has good customer service.

If you already own a Walkera tx, then maybe the MiniCP is the way to go for you. But my vote is for the NanoCPX.
wavekatcher is online now Find More Posts by wavekatcher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
I picked up one of these little fellas today and here are my initial thoughts after about 10 batteries (7 outside and 3 inside).
  • First of all - I'm having a blast with it.
  • It's not perfect though. It's got the normal vibes that we've all come to know and love (well... not really) with the smaller blade helis.
  • So far the vibes don't seem to be affecting things much though so for this particular heli I really don't think it's a big deal.
  • I tried putting my canopy grommets on the swash links but it didn't really help much.
  • It's TWITCHY!!! I'm humbled! I have to fly on low rates indoors.
  • Sometimes I get a little porposing action. This could've been wind induced as I only noticed outside.
  • I haven't gotten up the nerve to flip it indoors yet but inverted flying outdoors was awesome.
  • It's rock solid in hover. The gyro works quite well in my book.
  • My pitch was properly calibrated right out of the box.
  • The tail holds with even my most blatant collective abuse.
  • I'm getting a little drift in piro's but it's manageable
  • The tail boom is quite impressive. I slammed it down tail first in the grass and it bounced a few times (on the tail). ZERO damage. Just picked her up and off she went!
  • As mentioned above, overall durability on this little sucker is just shy of phenomenal.
  • I'm somewhere between a beginner and intermediate heli pilot (mostly a fixed wing 3D guy) and this is probably THE best 3D trainer out there. The 130x is a close second but this thing will take a licking and keep on ticking.
  • On a fun scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 10.
  • On a durability scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 10.
  • On a quality scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7. Without the vibes and shakes I'd give it a 10.

It's a fantastic offering by HH. Between this and my 130x I'm very happy with my heli fleet. But like I said... I only dabble with helis as my main passion in fixed wing 3D.

Well done HH!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,440 Posts
Had one fligjt today before rain

Normal binding issues ppl are reporting and slight tail twitch

But

First flight was great

Loops, rolls on flight flight

Flew well

Hope its not raining tomorrow
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Aug 2007
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosestrom View Post
I just noticed this morning that the nano has zero pitch marks like the 130X
Are those really meant to be zero pitch marks, or are they a coincidence of the molding process? Not that it really makes any difference, just wondering.

If they are intentional you'd think they'd be mentioned in the manual. Then again, the manual says almost nothing about setting the thing up.
ssobol is offline Find More Posts by ssobol
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
With the MiniCP, you're lucky to get 2 minute flights. The servos' will strip if you look at them the wrong way. Good luck with customer support too, unless you live w/in driving distance of WOWHobbies.

The NanoCPX should get 3 minute flights w/ hard 3d....... AND HH has good customer service.

If you already own a Walkera tx, then maybe the MiniCP is the way to go for you. But my vote is for the NanoCPX.
Hmmn you must have been flying with a tight shaft collar. If you fly with it loose you will never strip a gear. I had hundreds of flights and crashes on my last minicp Brushless without a gear change.

Though with that said the nano is for sure the most durable out of any micro I have owned, and I have owned most available. It is a real life sim and can be bounced off of everything in the home. Also as you said HH has the best customer service out there and is why I have spent mega money with them
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Just picked up the Nano. It is amazing. I am I guess a beginner/intermediate pilot meaning I can sport fly and do the occasional loop and roll. With the Nano CP I've been rolling and doing Aileron tick tocks like I'm on a sim. I've slammed into the street from about 20 feet and zero damage. Not even to the canopy. I get the occasional shakes once in a while, but it seems that it only happends when it is stationary. Tail is rock solid also.

One thing I notice is that it really holds a straigint line. I flew it down my street almost touching the ground and it held it's altitude perfectly. I really think Horizon Hobby has made the perfect helicopter.
GetterDragun is online now Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
I just tightened the feathering shaft screws. NOT too tight, you gotta hit the sweet spot.
Your right about the sweet spot. I spent a couple hours with mine this afternoon making adjustments to the feathering shaft tightness and blade tightness. I dialed out all vibration and all but, very minimal, intermittent tail wag. Very satisfied now.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I picked up one of these little fellas today and here are my initial thoughts after about 10 batteries (7 outside and 3 inside).
  • First of all - I'm having a blast with it.
  • It's not perfect though. It's got the normal vibes that we've all come to know and love (well... not really) with the smaller blade helis.
  • So far the vibes don't seem to be affecting things much though so for this particular heli I really don't think it's a big deal.
  • I tried putting my canopy grommets on the swash links but it didn't really help much.
  • It's TWITCHY!!! I'm humbled! I have to fly on low rates indoors.
  • Sometimes I get a little porposing action. This could've been wind induced as I only noticed outside.
  • I haven't gotten up the nerve to flip it indoors yet but inverted flying outdoors was awesome.
  • It's rock solid in hover. The gyro works quite well in my book.
  • My pitch was properly calibrated right out of the box.
  • The tail holds with even my most blatant collective abuse.
  • I'm getting a little drift in piro's but it's manageable
  • The tail boom is quite impressive. I slammed it down tail first in the grass and it bounced a few times (on the tail). ZERO damage. Just picked her up and off she went!
  • As mentioned above, overall durability on this little sucker is just shy of phenomenal.
  • I'm somewhere between a beginner and intermediate heli pilot (mostly a fixed wing 3D guy) and this is probably THE best 3D trainer out there. The 130x is a close second but this thing will take a licking and keep on ticking.
  • On a fun scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 10.
  • On a durability scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 10.
  • On a quality scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7. Without the vibes and shakes I'd give it a 10.
It's a fantastic offering by HH. Between this and my 130x I'm very happy with my heli fleet. But like I said... I only dabble with helis as my main passion in fixed wing 3D.

Well done HH!
Play with the feathering shaft tightness and blade tightness and you may be able to reduce vibration and tail wag.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
Are those really meant to be zero pitch marks, or are they a coincidence of the molding process? Not that it really makes any difference, just wondering.

If they are intentional you'd think they'd be mentioned in the manual. Then again, the manual says almost nothing about setting the thing up.
Whether intentional or not, if lined up they do set zero pitch at 50%.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post

I think is it just injection molding marks/grip design that seem to work out to zero pitch. If it were intentional then all Nanos would have 0 pitch at midstick out of the box.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I think is it just injection molding marks/grip design that seem to work out to zero pitch. If it were intentional then all Nanos would have 0 pitch at midstick out of the box.
Not sure that I agree. Still haven't heard a lot of people report just what the cause of the negative pitch for them was, but I know on the first one out of the box at the LHS it was the ball links on the swash pushed in/up slightly. I think if whoever assembles them at the factory pushed too hard it just bends the really thin plastic that connects the ball links to the swash...

Tom
d2tw4all is online now Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,440 Posts
Mine Isn't 50% at mid stick

Mid stick on mine is about 45%
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
Not sure that I agree. Still haven't heard a lot of people report just what the cause of the negative pitch for them was, but I know on the first one out of the box at the LHS it was the ball links on the swash pushed in/up slightly. I think if whoever assembles them at the factory pushed too hard it just bends the really thin plastic that connects the ball links to the swash...

Tom
Mine had about negative 3-4...maybe the worker that assembled mine had not been told to use the marks. my second one had positive 2-3. Both swashes were perfect....but maybe assembled by the same worker or the other one worked in the dark or had bad eyesight

I have also read about too much negatIve and positive on the 130x's out of the box. Ill have two more of those being delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Also very odd no mention in either manual and both sides of the grip have the mark through center. I just don't think anyone ever realized before how easy it would be to attain 0 pitch would be if you had marks at center's of grips and head.

Kind of like blade tracking is not an issue if you have straight balanced blades and zero pitch at midstick. I use to track with tape until I figured that one out
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 29, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Mine had about negative 3-4...maybe the worker that assembled mine had not been told to use the marks. my second one had positive 2-3. Both swashes were perfect....but maybe assembled by the same worker or the other one worked in the dark or had bad eyesight

I have also read about too much negatIve and positive on the 130x's out of the box. Ill have two more of those being delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know.
I'm always confused as to how it's really expected that the factory nails zero pitch. I mean, do we really think they bind up a radio and center these servos on EVERY single model? Without having it bound there's really no way to ensure that the pushrods are physically calibrated right? Without being bound the servo can easily move with slight pressure...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
The servo to swashplate links should be 25 mm in length. I measured mine and set them to 25mm. If you check and set the links to 25 mm your swashplate will be level and your pitch should be zero at mid throttle. If not just adjust all three links up or down a turn or two.