HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:34 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Mine does that as well, sometimes it will go into bind mode instead of linking with my tx-and sometimes it will do nothing. So I have to rebind. Kind of a pain.,

Tightened my feathering shaft, and my blades a little bit, and my tail started wagging.. loosened them off and the feathering shaft and fixed the issue. The blades like to be really-really loose on these don't they?
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly72 View Post
Guys, i bought my nano today about 2min into the flight it took a no power hit to the floor from about 3 feet. Tried to fly it again the the tail was acting funny so i unpluged the battery. Now all i get is a flashing blue light on the 3-1 about every 5 seconds. It will not even try to bind.........anyone know if there is a solution for this...think the 3-1 is toast
My second one is shot...keeps blinking won't bind and before that it would just power down..bummer

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:00 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Don't rebind. Disconnect the battery and reconnect until it links. Mine usually links the second time. If I leave the transmitter on between batteries, it links the first time for the rest of the batteries.

If I step a few feet away from my TX before connecting the battery it will link almost every time on the first try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
Mine does that as well, sometimes it will go into bind mode instead of linking with my tx-and sometimes it will do nothing. So I have to rebind. Kind of a pain.,

Tightened my feathering shaft, and my blades a little bit, and my tail started wagging.. loosened them off and the feathering shaft and fixed the issue. The blades like to be really-really loose on these don't they?
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
I noticed that with mine, but I just got it last night and was out of town at hotel and I was just learning this thing. I was reluctant to get it up out of prop wash, so that may have caused mine. I did add one turn out on the back servo, and had fwd trim. Got home today, no wind outside so flew it next to driveway in front yard. With more room it is pretty good, this is my first CP, so not in stunt mode and had low rates (on dx4e), but outside it popped straight up, had to put trim back to center, but it hovers very good, could go hands off it was so steady. I did have a little tail wag, back and forth just 1/2" or so. I had tightened up the grips and changed to the weighted blades, so somebody above said to keep them on the loose side.

Another thing somebody mentioned was that it may be best to not move the collective after binding/linking. Not sure if this is a real concern or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog-Chief View Post
This thing doesn't pop straight up and hover stable like my mcpx, SR, msrx and 130x. It lifts tilting to the rear and left and easily goes out of control when I am trying to recover it to a stable hover. Any suggestions?
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Last edited by jpconard; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:05 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
mine almost never binds the first time and almost always binds the 2nd time after reconnecting the battery. Is anyone else's doing this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
Don't rebind. Disconnect the battery and reconnect until it links. Mine usually links the second time. If I leave the transmitter on between batteries, it links the first time for the rest of the batteries.

If I step a few feet away from my TX before connecting the battery it will link almost every time on the first try.
+1 to both

I'm on this kick where I'm kind of refusing the re-bind thing. Forcing the link after repeated unplug/recconnects. I need to try the stepping away from the TX idea.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:24 AM
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Blade CP Nano

So would you guys recomend getting the cp nano? I am undecided, I do not know if I should get it or not. Please advise. Thanks
Yoabcito1 is offline Find More Posts by Yoabcito1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:39 AM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Yes. I love mine. I slammed it into the side of my stucco house today, bounced off of there and fell two stories onto pavement. I picked it up and kept on flying.
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:50 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,090 Posts
It does everything better than the mCP X and mSR X. Rock solid hovering, with only a slight tailwag (easily fixed) out of the box. It's not as noisy as the other 2 either.
Stock batts give more power than hyperions. You get 2 with the heli.
I have only had it for a few days.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
So should I get the slightly larger MCPX over this one or is this Micro CPX better?

Thoughts please?
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Yao and kilo, get the nano, you won't regret it. mCPx is good, nano is better IMO. In just a few days I have progressed a lot on the nano since its hard to break and you can really keep it close and fly in tighter spaces.

Seadog and jp, mine takes off same as yours first time with each pack, but stabilizes once in the air. Subsequent takeoffs pop straight up. Give it some room on the first launch.

No binding/linking issues for me. I usually turn my tx on while walking to my takeoff spot and it usually takes several seconds to link. I leave the tx on between packs.
fastphil_v is offline Find More Posts by fastphil_v
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
It does everything better than the mCP X and mSR X. Rock solid hovering, with only a slight tailwag (easily fixed) out of the box. It's not as noisy as the other 2 either.
Stock batts give more power than hyperions. You get 2 with the heli.
I have only had it for a few days.
How do you fix the tail wag?
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,149 Posts
Just picked mine up

Hope it works

Perfect size carrying case
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Québec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Hi guys, what is te best: Blade nano or mini CP Walkera? And what is the difference?
Best regards!
Guy
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
How do you fix the tail wag?
I just tightened the feathering shaft screws. NOT too tight, you gotta hit the sweet spot.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
I just noticed this morning that the nano has zero pitch marks like the 130X
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom