SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:25 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer111 View Post
Sounds good guys. That little collar is moving, push gear up, collar down, and glue it to the shaft?
pretty much but on mine i only glued the main gear and let the collar free float so in the event of a bad crash (happens every flight) the shaft moves and doesnt stress the servo's links and head assembly. I did this with a minicp and i never broke a servo, link or had any issues with the head ever again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
So those main shaft collars are actually glued to the shaft? Why would they not use a screw like every other small heli?
I would guess because it can take more of a beating being glued. Drilling into the shaft makes it weaker
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
Is getting old...
Canada, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2008
1,192 Posts
Awesome. I was getting a bit cocky in the wind on lunch break, whoops.

Assuming by your avatar you are a rotary enthusiast?
quadracer111 is offline Find More Posts by quadracer111
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Well, I couldn't wait till Monday to get another. Just got home with my second one and it flies like a dream as did #1. The grommets came with this one also and there was no vibrations or tai wag. I do have the feeling that the motor is this little bird is the weak link. I don't think it will last that long. I see that other are using the msr and mcpx motors. Are these longer lasting and how is/are their reliability since they are a brushed motors also?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I bought two nano's. One flies perfectly. The other one out of the box had a tail vibration and was very unstable. I mean it is all over the place. My LHS gave me a new feathering shaft and that fixed the vibration. Then, today while flying it, the motor stopped and it fell out of the air. I took it to my LHS. He said he would have one of his experts look it over and if he could not get it to fly right he would call HH and request a replacement. He will call me tomorrow.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2011
36 Posts
Issue - help?

Guys, i bought my nano today about 2min into the flight it took a no power hit to the floor from about 3 feet. Tried to fly it again the the tail was acting funny so i unpluged the battery. Now all i get is a flashing blue light on the 3-1 about every 5 seconds. It will not even try to bind.........anyone know if there is a solution for this...think the 3-1 is toast
Roly72 is offline Find More Posts by Roly72
Last edited by Roly72; Sep 28, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Yeah, with helis like these, the sims are gonna have some stiff competition. I used to always practice any new move on the sim 100's of times til it was perfect, then go try it out and hope it worked on the real deal, Now, I just start with the smallest heli and work the moves all the way to the largest.
I completely agree. From now on, a heli like this will be on the 'must have' list right after a sim. I think they are both very good investments. The transition from sim to real world is way easier with these helis!
mustang347 is online now Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Well, I couldn't wait till Monday to get another. Just got home with my second one and it flies like a dream as did #1. The grommets came with this one also and there was no vibrations or tai wag. I do have the feeling that the motor is this little bird is the weak link. I don't think it will last that long. I see that other are using the msr and mcpx motors. Are these longer lasting and how is/are their reliability since they are a brushed motors also?

Bob
Way to go Bob. I'm glad I have two. Read my post above. I had hundreds of flights on my mCPX before I replaced the motor. It didn't stop working, it just lost power. If the nano motors are as reliable as the mCPX motor I will be very satisfied.

Jim
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Oct 2008
309 Posts
This thing doesn't pop straight up and hover stable like my mcpx, SR, msrx and 130x. It lifts tilting to the rear and left and easily goes out of control when I am trying to recover it to a stable hover. Any suggestions?
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly72 View Post
Guys, i bought my nano today about 2min into the flight it took a no power hit to the floor from about 3 feet. Tried to fly it again the the tail was acting funny so i unpluged the battery. Know all i get is a flashing blue light on the 3-1 about every 5 seconds. It will not even try to bind.........anyone know if there is a solution for this...think the 3-1 is toast
I think the 3-1 pcb is defective. Call HH. They will make it right .
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I think the 3-1 pcb is defective. Call HH. They will make it right .
That is what i was afraid of...sucks just bought it....thanks Skaggs!
Roly72 is offline Find More Posts by Roly72
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roly72 View Post
That is what i was afraid of...sucks just bought it....thanks Skaggs!
I really like the nano and would not want to be without it so, I bought two. It was a good thing because, The motor failed on one of them.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Way to go Bob. I'm glad I have two. Read my post above. I had hundreds of flights on my mCPX before I replaced the motor. It didn't stop working, it just lost power. If the nano motors are as reliable as the mCPX motor I will be very satisfied.

Jim
Yeah, glad I bought another. I am going to take it everywhere with me so I can constantly feed my addiction. Sorry to hear about one of your birds and it also sounds like a couple of another folks are having the same problem. That's what happen to my first bird too. There may be some defective 3in1 boards or bad motors causing the problem. I also wonder if the older batteries could be causing some problem with this main board and/or motor? I still have a couple of older batteries and if I suspect or see a difference in performance with them, I will stop using them. I hope #2 keeps running for a long time and also hope HH gets me the parts for #1. Having two operational birds will be a nice feeling.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:10 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
mine almost never binds the first time and almost always binds the 2nd time after reconnecting the battery. Is anyone else's doing this?

Looks like the weak spot is the boom splitting.. not surprising since msr/mcpx etc have the same issue.

I also finally cracked my canopy. I'm going to put a thin coat of epoxy inside them for now on.
That works really good to strengthen them up.

So far I haven't heard of anything else breaking except the spindles bending and the skids.
Has anyone broken a swash ball or blade grip yet?
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
mine almost never binds the first time and almost always binds the 2nd time after reconnecting the battery. Is anyone else's doing this?
I believe you're referencing "linking". "Binding" is something you generally only have to do once to get the TX and RX talking to each other with a new model. I don't have a Nano yet, but my 130 X was the same way where it didn't want to link. And, it got worse over time. Sometimes, it took over five tries to get a solid link. So, instead of wearing out the connector, I'd just leave the TX off, plug in the battery and when the light started flashing...re-bind. You shouldn't have to do that, but it worked every time, the first time and it was much quicker than fiddling around with the battery over and over again. That was with a DSM2 TX and getting a DSMX TX fixed the problem. Works correctly, now, as it should.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I believe you're referencing "linking". "Binding" is something you generally only have to do once to get the TX and RX talking to each other with a new model. I don't have a Nano yet, but my 130 X was the same way where it didn't want to link. And, it got worse over time. Sometimes, it took over five tries to get a solid link. So, instead of wearing out the connector, I'd just leave the TX off, plug in the battery and when the light started flashing...re-bind. You shouldn't have to do that, but it worked every time, the first time and it was much quicker than fiddling around with the battery over and over again. That was with a DSM2 TX and getting a DSMX TX fixed the problem. Works correctly, now, as it should.
Yeah I mean linking. And you are right, the 130x has similar issues. I'm winidering if it is the gyro calibration and its just really sensitive to movement.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn