HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I went to the field to fly my Nano today and the first flight went great. Next three flights were cut short as the motor would go dead in flight. Put it on the ground and as it started to spool up just before lift off it would go dead. Tried five different batteries and the same thing kept happening. Took it home and looked over and put a fresh battery in it and it tried to spool up a couple of times and then would go dead just before lift off. On the third attempt the blue light came on but was flashing. I tried to rebind several times but no luck. Called HH and had me disconnect the motor to see if it would bind. Still no go. HH thinks it could be a bad motor or main board, so they are sending me both. Love their service!

Bob
Bob,

Sorry to hear that but, yes can't beat HH service. They have come through for me several times. It's a good time to do what I did. Buy another nano for backup.

Jim
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Last edited by J_skaggs; Sep 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:53 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Bob,

Sorry to hear that but, yes can't beat HH service. They have come through for me several times. It's a good time to do what I did. Buy another nano for backup.

Jim
lucky him they're sending him parts. i was told to send my whole nano back. now im playin the waitin' game. sucks big time but as long as I get a working heli back its all good.
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I would switch your pitch curve to 50-50-50-70-85 or something of the like. Should always keep 0 pitch at center for thumb memory so you don't learn more bad habits.
Get in the habit when you THINK you might loose it just hit throttle hold and dont lower the throttle stick
Thanks, this is my first CP so I am just learning the setups. I was going to go with 40-45-50-75-100 but your curve sounds a lot more forgiving for a noob. Flips and rolls can wait, I just want to get a handle on it for now. How about travel and expo, am I in the ballpark? I will do my best to work on hitting the switch but you know, old mSR habits die hard!
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:08 AM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Ditto on loose spindle... checked mine before maiden and it was 3-4 turns loose
I thought the same thing and tightened mine down, it DID NOT help the bird, you can absolutely overtighten them!!! From what I can tell, at least on mine, they should NOT be all the way in, and in fact I backed them out probably to the point they were when I started, perhaps a little bit in. Disconnect your pitch links and turn each blade grip as you tighten them, at least on mine when all the way in, the blade grips were not free at all, they both were binding to the point that when I first tried flying the heli it felt like I had almost no control... Oddly when I loosen them the blade grips don't appear to separate at all, not sure what the story is but just want to offer a note of caution on tightening the feathering shaft nuts!!!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Weird. I use Hyperions on my BL mCP X and mSR X with no issues other than some of them seem to be getting a little tired, but I have a LOT of flights on them.
I use these very same hyperions in my msrx with NO issues. Something odd is going on but I have a bunch of the eflite 25c's so I don't care too much. I'll try the nano tech 160's next and see how they fare...

Tom
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiznessflying View Post
lucky him they're sending him parts. i was told to send my whole nano back. now im playin the waitin' game. sucks big time but as long as I get a working heli back its all good.
From what I've found, it depends on the person you get, and how you handle yourself on the phone. There is ABSOLUTELY an element of innocent social engineering that you can employ to get what you want. Horizon definitely empowers their CS reps and techs to make things right with their customers, but it's always up to the rep so you need to be polite, friendly, and definitely confident in your troubleshooting. Always ask as well, don't just accept their proposed solution, like if they say you will need to send it back, politely or even jokingly propose that they send you a couple parts to try first, that you think that will probably fix it and you will learn how to repair the heli at the same time, etc. etc. Worst case hang up and try calling back... All depends on how much it means to you and how much effort you want to put into it.

Tom
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
HH Blues Baby... Since June of this year... 1 defective Polecat... 2 Defective Beast 3D in a row... 1 Defective MiG15... and now my Nano has severe tail wag. It is butter smooth with no vibration, the tail just wags back and forth between 1 - 2 inches

I can hear the tail motor pulsing, so I guess it is either a bad tail motor (can't maintain rpms) or a bad board

Really sux because I can tell even with the tail wag it's gonna be a lot better than the mcpx 2...
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:59 AM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
I'm in love .. great little heli!!
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:43 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo-norway View Post
looks cool, and since i can flash my devention 8s to support the ncpx i dont need to buy new tx

http://www.deviationtx.com/
Hugo
Whoa that's cool, works with all dsm2 I hope!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:08 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrogg View Post
I'm in love .. great little heli!!
I 2nd that notion ;o)

Just bound it to my mCP X memory and WOW
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dualsky Hornet 460
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:55 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
From what I've found, it depends on the person you get, and how you handle yourself on the phone. There is ABSOLUTELY an element of innocent social engineering that you can employ to get what you want. Horizon definitely empowers their CS reps and techs to make things right with their customers, but it's always up to the rep so you need to be polite, friendly, and definitely confident in your troubleshooting. Always ask as well, don't just accept their proposed solution, like if they say you will need to send it back, politely or even jokingly propose that they send you a couple parts to try first, that you think that will probably fix it and you will learn how to repair the heli at the same time, etc. etc. Worst case hang up and try calling back... All depends on how much it means to you and how much effort you want to put into it.

Tom
I was polite when I called and the tech said they don't have boards in stock and they want me to send the whole helicopter back. So I don't know how they are sending someone a board if they don't have stock.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Last edited by grovey; Sep 28, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
I was polite when I called and the tech said they don't have boards in stock and they want me to send the whole helicopter back. So I don't know how they are sending someone a board if they don't have stock.
Oooops, I forgot to ask if they have it in stock because the main board is not on their parts list yet. So I may have to do as Jim suggested and buy another. I was going to anyway.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Last edited by Willyboy; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Did some flips in the kitchen (and out of camera view rolls and a ceiling landing)..
And even a side cabinet touch and go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVQl...ature=youtu.be
Really sweet flying!

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Oooops, I forgot to ask if they have it in stock because the main board is not on their parts list yet. So I may have to do as Jim suggested and but another. I was going to anyway.

Bob
Yeah, what was wrong with your board? I had been experiencing binding issues, and weird glitching.

I managed to bind again so will see how it goes.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
HH Blues Baby... Since June of this year... 1 defective Polecat... 2 Defective Beast 3D in a row... 1 Defective MiG15... and now my Nano has severe tail wag. It is butter smooth with no vibration, the tail just wags back and forth between 1 - 2 inches

I can hear the tail motor pulsing, so I guess it is either a bad tail motor (can't maintain rpms) or a bad board

Really sux because I can tell even with the tail wag it's gonna be a lot better than the mcpx 2...
Man, that is really rough. Maybe one of the worst experiences I've heard of with flying in general. I haven't read any of your other post, but you seem to be a great sport about it. Hope you get it worked out.

I just wanted to report that when I got the nano home from my LHS, thinking of my Mcpx experience with the 'early' guys on that bird, I "checked" my blade-grips. And by checked, I mean that I overtightened them just like Tom says you can. Sluggish and scary were my thoughts for those 4 seconds of flight, be sure not to overdo it with those.

Also, my nano didn't have the grommets on the blade-grips either, which I did think I saw when I read the manual. Didn't put anything on the blade-grips, and it's working fine for me. But since folks are saying it helps I may try it out this weekend.

Last thing for now. I'm not a good "tester" like I consider a couple of you here in this thread, but I'm finding the TP 160s and Hyperion 130s are pretty nice for unloading the disc without too much power-loss for indoor flying. In the backyard I'm throwing the Hyperion 160s and the Eflite 150s at it too.

My feeling is that it's more nimble with the lighter cells, despite being less punchy. In the end, I think the TP 160 might be the way to go for me.

Thanks to all of you guys who have been posting and helping me all along from when this thread started. (Well, really some of you have helped me a great deal with my Mcpx even though I don't think I ever posted in the Mcpx owners thread.)
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Last edited by Number1BSArtist; Sep 28, 2012 at 08:53 AM.