HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Had a look at my Celectra 4-port charger. It turns out the .3A rated charger is in fact only .24A (at least my copy from an mSR).

I decided to 'detune' two ports to .15A for 1C charging for better longevity and keep two channels in stock form as a 'fast charger'. Yes, I know the stock batteries are rated 3A, but it's only an indicator. The gentler you treat them, the longer and better they perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Thanks, nice blog, but what's really needed is SHTF testing, that would be 3A or so. That's where the tail motor usually is starved and blows out.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
I get tail wag on both mine but it flies fine. Don't know why...

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I get tail wag on both mine but it flies fine. Don't know why...

J
make sure theres no play in the blade grips.. tighten the spindle up until there is no play and then back off a little so they arent too tight. make sure theres no play but they dont bind either. That elimated all vibrations from mine. I dont have grommets on the plade grips either. But people are saying that helps.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
make sure theres no play in the blade grips.. tighten the spindle up until there is no play and then back off a little so they arent too tight. make sure theres no play but they dont bind either. That elimated all vibrations from mine. I dont have grommets on the plade grips either. But people are saying that helps.
I did tighten the grips but maybe too much.

J
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I do the same as Sideburn, tighten all the way until they are snug and then back off until they move without resistance.

I notice the more times i bend my feathering shaft that the worse it bends the more the tail kicks in flight...lets me know when i need to straighten it again. I have straightened it so many times now it is like butter.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
My batteries must be really bad then - they still fly the plane just fine, and the mSR, but they are 150mAh Hyperion batteries, and the Nano just cuts out as soon as you put the pitch to it. Sometimes it will act like it's about to take off, but it just wobbles around. Funny thing is, I tried those first, while I was making my review video, and I thought... "wow, maybe this is the first broken Blade I've ever bought" but it was just the batteries, it flies great on the new ones. I fully expected a slightly used Hyperion 150 would be better than a new E-flite 160, but I guess not
I have 2 Hyperions, I think they are 160's not 150's, but they did the EXACT same thing as you describe, even when fully charged it will fall out of the sky as soon as you get off the ground, and act screwed up. ALL of my eflite 25C batteries that I used in my msrx work perfectly fine though. I think this bird doesn't like hyperions for some strange reason!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
878 Posts
My hyperions don't work either. Stock are much better, but my hyperions are older.

I know most people realty like them but I haven't been that impressed with the 1s hyps
asosestrom is online now Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosestrom View Post
My hyperions don't work either. Stock are much better, but my hyperions are older.

I know most people realty like them but I haven't been that impressed with the 1s hyps
I don't think the connection locks as well to the Hyperion connector. It's noticeable on mine....less positive click when I connect the Hyperion. If the connection is not good, there will be voltage drop that may trigger the lvc.
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Weird. I use Hyperions on my BL mCP X and mSR X with no issues other than some of them seem to be getting a little tired, but I have a LOT of flights on them.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Just got mine in today. Waaaaay too twitchy for my first experience with a CP heli. I was thinking of 60% (or less) travel with 40% (or more) expo on the low rates to begin with. Also considering tweaking the pitch curve at the low end until I get used to flipping the t-hold switch as I seem to be planting it down hard when I get into trouble (mSR habit). Any thoughts or advice would be helpful, thanks.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:14 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Did some flips in the kitchen (and out of camera view rolls and a ceiling landing)..
And even a side cabinet touch and go

Blade Nano CP X - Kitchen Flips (1 min 55 sec)
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Flew several packs this evening outside. Got some head shake again so tightened up the spindle nuts - problem solved. I guess thats why they put those tools in the bag! Lots of flips and rolls - big progress for me. Dropping the expo more every day...

So I brought out the V120D02S - wow forgot how fast that thing is (which side is the TH switch on again!) but I can now handle it better than ever. Flips and rolls with confidence though still not pretty. Point being that the nano is making me a better pilot and that is a big deal. Love this thing.

Btw, I haven't had another case of power loss since I discarded the one questionable battery I had.
fastphil_v is offline Find More Posts by fastphil_v
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Ditto on loose spindle... checked mine before maiden and it was 3-4 turns loose
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:25 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
Just got mine in today. Waaaaay too twitchy for my first experience with a CP heli. I was thinking of 60% (or less) travel with 40% (or more) expo on the low rates to begin with. Also considering tweaking the pitch curve at the low end until I get used to flipping the t-hold switch as I seem to be planting it down hard when I get into trouble (mSR habit). Any thoughts or advice would be helpful, thanks.
I would switch your pitch curve to 50-50-50-70-85 or something of the like. Should always keep 0 pitch at center for thumb memory so you don't learn more bad habits.
Get in the habit when you THINK you might loose it just hit throttle hold and dont lower the throttle stick
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:26 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovector View Post
I use more expo than I usually do on helis but keep DR at 100...Flips and rolls are awesome indoors.

J