HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:12 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
While I think the mcpx is very fun inside and I am only a decent pilot I am way more careful with it. The nano I flip and fly next to my flat screen without even covering it. I have hit almost everything in the area with the exception of the tv and not one mark on anything
I wonder if you can give us a comparison between the flight characteristics of the Nano CPX and Mini CP?
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:32 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Man I love this heli. Don't think I'm going to sell or give this one away.

http://youtu.be/c4RLrtSuP_o
Nice flight I dont foresee getting rid of my two anytime soon either

At Gas Works.. I bet the people walking near you were confused and probably walked in front of you to get a closer glimpse of the "humming bird" to make sure they weren't still trippin and seeing little helicopters spying on them

I haven't really flown outside yet but here is some erratic flying indoors
Erratic Nano Flying (2 min 27 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I wonder if you can give us a comparison between the flight characteristics of the Nano CPX and Mini CP?
Well stability wise out of the box the minicp has it hands down but the mini is dampened to get the stability. I mean I could fly the mini 1/2" off the ground inverted with really no effort. Power out of the box the mini cp and nano are quite close. The mini has a more powerful tail so it piro's faster which was similar to the genius being almost time and a half the mcpx piro rate.. But the nano is far more agile than the mini and it will flip in a very small box compared to stock mini. It is also so light it almost floats down instead of crashing when i hit throttle hold from a few feet up.

After about 50 flights on the nano I think it is a lot better product compared to the mini and instead of suggesting the mini over the mcpx to people, if only one heli I would suggest the nano.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Feb 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
What is the wt of the set?
The wt is about 1.9g.

I would send the skids for 11,40€ to the USA.
9,95.- for the skid, 1,45.- for shipping.
If anyone wants a skid, please send me a PN

It`s also possible to make a design for other Lipo.
Just give me the typ...this should be interesting with the first bl-mods

Hannes
flowmotion is offline Find More Posts by flowmotion
Last edited by flowmotion; Sep 27, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:40 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
Quote:
If they are selling wouldnt be plug and play which would cut out a lot of sales. I dont think I will go double brushless since the tail is strong stock but I do have a main motor on order that I will flash

You have got to be kidding me $45 bucks for a parallel hook up.....and I thought a $6 feathering shaft was ridiculous.
Well, I dont know enough about electronics to get in a big discussion about it - what I do know is I have not seen anything like this here, and it sure caters to people who dont want the hassle or have the skills (like me) to figure out how to do this on DIY. Furthermore I doubt this is just a "plain" parallel hookup - if it was, they would just solder two wires and a few plugs together ...
this is not something that gets sold tens of thousands of times like the heli, it had cost for R&D, the cost for rc stuff in germany is generally clearly higher than here ...

... in other words, I think you generalize and simplify this a bit too much.

Like I said I put it here, because I havent seen anything like it here in the US and thought maybe that is interesting for other people as well ...

Sorry that it seems not to be the case
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:

At Gas Works.. I bet the people walking near you were confused and probably walked in front of you to get a closer glimpse of the "humming bird" to make sure they weren't still trippin and seeing little helicopters spying on them

I haven't really flown outside yet but here is some erratic flying indoors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_kck...ature=youtu.be

Well stability wise out of the box the minicp has it hands down but the mini is dampened to get the stability. I mean I could fly the mini 1/2" off the ground inverted with really no effort. Power out of the box the mini cp and nano are quite close. The mini has a more powerful tail so it piro's faster which was similar to the genius being almost time and a half the mcpx piro rate.. But the nano is far more agile than the mini and it will flip in a very small box compared to stock mini. It is also so light it almost floats down instead of crashing when i hit throttle hold from a few feet up.

After about 50 flights on the nano I think it is a lot better product compared to the mini and instead of suggesting the mini over the mcpx to people, if only one heli I would suggest the nano.
Thanks, this is what I need to know. I wonder if you have ever had any incidences of damage to the receiver of the Mini CP? I have had recurrent trouble with it.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Man I love this heli. Don't think I'm going to sell or give this one away.

http://youtu.be/c4RLrtSuP_o
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_kck...ature=youtu.be

if only one heli I would suggest the nano.
Nice flights guys. Yep, I think when Dylan gets his package together, I will have to go for it because I don't think it will add any extra weight and that is what is important to me as well as more power. My bird at the moment is going to be flown mostly outside until winter gets here and then I will clean the house for more space for inside flying. Just bought a new flat screen TV although the strikes I have had inside have not left any marks but not sure the screen will do as well.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:29 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have the same issue on my 130x. If I fly back to back it will fall out of the sky on the fourth or fifth battery. I just fly three batteries and let it cool down while I fly my 300x. I called HH a while back and they shipped me a new pcb but, I haven't felt the need to install it so, I don't know if that will fix it.
Thanks Jim. I haven't experienced that with my 130x because I do wait a couple of minutes between each flight. But this Nano, I just want to keep it in the air. I think if my battery and motor go for an hour, that would be great. I can't get enough of this little bird because this is so much more fun than playing on the sim...I mean this is a real life sim. I have been beating the hell out of it and it doesn't complain.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
looks cool, and since i can flash my devention 8s to support the ncpx i dont need to buy new tx

http://www.deviationtx.com/

have the mini cp, but this could even be more easy to flip inside.

hope BNF price will go down

Hugo
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:06 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me $45 bucks for a parallel hook up.....and I thought a $6 feathering shaft was ridiculous.
Actually it's not a parallel hookup. It uses two 1s lipos in series, so the input is 8.40 volts, and a voltage regulator to bring this down to 4.20 volt, which then is supplied to the receiver. The advantage seems that you will have full power throughout the full flight, and not just the first minute. With a single cell the voltage under load will sag below that 4.20 volts easily and even further as you fly longer. With 2 cells parallel the voltage sag will be less, but stil there. With this "booster" the voltage will remain 4.20 volts, until the lipos are drained.

One drawback though, you can't trust your LVC with this, because the output voltage of the booster will only start to drop when the 2S battery, you make with the two 1s standard lipos, have dropped so low that the voltage regulator can't produce a steady 4.20 volts any more. By then your lipos are on their way to lipo heaven, or hell.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Having a time trying to get this heli bound. I have had 9 flights so far.

Every now and then the heli gets into a weird glitch scenario where I cannot lift off because the elevator servo for example will tilt the heli forward. (Not the normal fbl lift off tendency).

I basically need to rebind when this happens. Well my dx8 keeps wanting to bind in DSM2 and not DSMX. I set up the frame rate for 22ms and DSMX but only once in a blue moon will it bind in DSMX mode.

Starting together annoyed now. Any help would be much appreciated.
Anyone else having this issue?

I called HH and the tech recommended I check my monitor screen to see if perhaps there is throttle input (even though my throttle is not engaged). It sounds plausible that since there could be unwanted throttle input (trim?) that the helicopter won't bind, but I am at work now and can't check.

He also noted that the helicopter should be binding fine even in DSM2, but that is not happening.

I am disappointed because it is possible I won't be able to fly this helicopter this weekend. This makes me think twice about ordering online, whereas I can just walk into a store and swap it out.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
So here's a quick rundown of my short Nano experience so far:
  • Battery: Ensure you don't go past the 4:00 minute recommended time. Using my Turnigy 160mah lipos, a 4:00 minute flight of moderate aerobatics brought the voltage down to 3.74 which is pretty close to perfect. If you go longer than this or hit low voltage cutoff regularly, you will drastically shorten the life-span and performance of your battery. I forgot to look at the amount of mA put back in the lipo.
  • Durability: Holy crap, this thing is durable! I broke the landing skids but just took the skids off my old msr (not msrx) which is the same part number. I hit the wall without throttle hold (after performing the 'Exorcist' - video below), and indoor inverted blade scrapes on tile don't even scratch the white paint on the blades. I hit throttle hold from about 10 feet up to try to catch it in my hand and missed, it landed on brick with no damage.
  • Canopy: The yellow isn't quite as vibrant as It appeared. It looks a bit pale and cheap. I'll probably order the blue one.
  • Flight Characteristics: This heli can get away from you very quickly. Once it starts going in an unplanned direction, you need to correct quickly or it's gone. I have a tiny bit of tail wag but I don't believe tail gyro gain can be adjusted. It's very minor and unless I'm looking for it, I don't notice it and it doesn't affect flight performance. I have no vibration in the vertical stabilizer as reported by others. It's going to take a few more flights to dial it in so I like it. My goal is indoor 3D in small spaces so I've got to tame it down while still being very maneuverable. The heli is capable, I just need to find the sweet spot.
  • Binding: I've had none of the binding issues that others have mentioned. I bound it just like any other micro aircraft to my DX8.

Here's a quick video of 'The Exorcist'. Side note: the video was shot and produced all on the iPhone 4S using iMovie. It's the first time I used that app. Fun stuff!
Blade Nano on the Ceiling (0 min 13 sec)
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Last edited by lkagan; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Nice flights guys. Yep, I think when Dylan gets his package together, I will have to go for it because I don't think it will add any extra weight and that is what is important to me as well as more power. My bird at the moment is going to be flown mostly outside until winter gets here and then I will clean the house for more space for inside flying. Just bought a new flat screen TV although the strikes I have had inside have not left any marks but not sure the screen will do as well.

Bob
One of the main things I like about the nano is its great performance at low power and low head speed. You go brushless on it and it'll be another furniture damaging, TV scratching, blood drawing monster like the mcpx.

I don't get why people are saying this heli needs more power. I can't get the tail to blow out and I can do mild tictocs with it. It seems close in power to my stock 130x as is.

I don't see the point. I guess for outdoors maybe but I bought this mainly for indoors though. most of us have a 130x and brushless mcpx for outdoors, right? The last thing I need is another outdoors heli...

Even outdoors though. Mines got plenty of power.
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Last edited by sideburn; Sep 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Well my occassional head shake seems to be gone since I put the grommets on the blade grip balls. Can anyone verify whether their nano has these? The pic in the manual shows them but mine were bare.

No significant tail wag or vibration on this one (but the first two I tried both had it). Nice and smooth.

I have not had any binding issues, but I do experience extreme pitch tendencies on the first takeoff with a new pack - that's w/o any stick input and slow spinup. Once in the air it stabilizes and subsequent takeoffs are uneventful - it will just pop straight up.

For my skills, it has enough power, but I would say I expected a bit more on the pitch pumps. But at least the tail stays put.

Wind died down here so I've flown a few packs in IU mode outside and it handles a slight breeze pretty well.

Still liking it a lot overall. Go get yourself one!
fastphil_v is offline Find More Posts by fastphil_v
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
554 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone verify whether their nano has these? The pic in the manual shows them but mine were bare.
Mine came with grommets on all three spots.....

I was amazed at how much the performance improved after a twenty flight break in period. Still not sure if it was the main motor or batteries (or both), but it went from lame to fairly decent. Yeah, I was hoping for a bit more punch, but its not bad

The TAIL HOLDS

I've got a little vibration and a little bit of tail wag, but I'm going with it. Fantastic fun flying without fear of crashing

It seems a bit pitchy (nose dips down on its own a little) when outside during FFF, but it may yet be me still getting used to it

Yup, I'll be after a second one and a pile of parts for this one........
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,570 Posts
I asked the same thing over on the HeliFreak forum.

The manual shows grommets/o-rings...but mind didn't come with them on the blade grip like in the manual's diagram. Only at the swash to servo linkage.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon