SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:39 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
While I think the mcpx is very fun inside and I am only a decent pilot I am way more careful with it. The nano I flip and fly next to my flat screen without even covering it. I have hit almost everything in the area with the exception of the tv and not one mark on anything
Would you mind slamming it into your flat screen and give us a damage report so I know if I need to cover mine or not?

Thanks a bunch!
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
Mine went dead several times but, I think, always with the same battery. I was chalking it up to LV cutoff due to a weak battery so I took that one out of the rotation.

And I started to get pretty bad head shakes occasionally - a couple of times per pack, usually when descending - lasting a couple of seconds and then smooth again.

I have a lot a slop in the swash and head - but i think all these plastic micros do. This one didn't have rubber donuts on the grip balls - not sure if it should - so I put the rubbers from the swash on the grip balls and spare canopy rubbers on the swash balls. Seems better but I'd say inconclusive until I can fly some more. Haven't tried to tighten up the grips on the feathering shaft since I don't detect any lateral play - but I'll try that anyway.

As for whether this is a better indoor flier than mCPx: definitely! The smaller size and less mass makes a big difference. With the DR at 60, I think this flies around the living room nicely and I'm not that good ;-) I rarely fly the mCPx inside - just a little too big and fast for comfort.

We'll see what tomorrow brings...
fastphil_v is offline Find More Posts by fastphil_v
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
well, I just read there are not only main brushless conversions, but some guys did FULL brushless already (main AND tail)
As they are talking about changing pinions, I was wandering, what the modulus on the nCPX pinions is? Is that 0.25 or 0.3 ... OR 0.2?

Could anybody help?
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Would you mind slamming it into your flat screen and give us a damage report so I know if I need to cover mine or not?

Thanks a bunch!
Hit my Samsung LED and Samsung DLP, only white resedue which I just scratched off with my finger nail. I'm too lazy to cover my TV's
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
well, I just read there are not only main brushless conversions, but some guys did FULL brushless already (main AND tail)
As they are talking about changing pinions, I was wandering, what the modulus on the nCPX pinions is? Is that 0.25 or 0.3 ... OR 0.2?

Could anybody help?
Do you have a link?
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I just did 5 more flights this evening in mild wind and eight this morning in a gym. When I was flying a few minutes ago, The bird went completely dead a few times in flight. I pick it up and sometimes it would start up and fly and other times it wouldn't untilI change batteries and I know the batteries were not dead. I was flying back to back batteries but the tail motor was only luke warm and the evening is quite cool since I live in the mountains. I think I need a brushless motor in this baby providing it doesn't add too much weight. This thing with no wind hovers hands off as good as if not better than my 130X and is quite responsive. I am a little concerned about the motor conking out but it happened on my fourth and fifth flight. Maybe the motor was trying to tell me something because when I came inside the house I put another battery in it and flew it for thee minutes without any problems.

Bob

I have the same issue on my 130x. If I fly back to back it will fall out of the sky on the fourth or fifth battery. I just fly three batteries and let it cool down while I fly my 300x. I called HH a while back and they shipped me a new pcb but, I haven't felt the need to install it so, I don't know if that will fix it.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:46 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:

Could anybody help?
Mod .3
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post

Thanks a bunch!
I've tried but my thumbs go auto to push it away when it gets near..
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:55 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a link?
Ditto!!! would love to see this!
JLink125 is offline Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a link?
to the double brushless? they dont really show a DIY (cause its a store so I expect they want to sell it when its "flawless", but they show general specs - so anybody with ample knowledge from converting mcpx's should be able to use it as a pointer:
(top one says "first testflight with 200mah/30C" - and this refers to the double brushless nano cpx with frank lachmund canopy/skids)
http://www.helistyle.ch/startseite/neuigkeiten/

I read some forums (not really extensively, just "browsing" and found they also have a gadget called a "booster" with which you can use 2 batteries at the same time with the nano and it allows flight times of about 7min to 7:30) - and all of this gets me to the point to say "sorry, but it looks a lot like the guys in europe are about a step or two ahead of here ..." )

Edit:
forgot to mention: this is the "booster":
http://www.freakware.de/shop/artikel..._artikel=54449

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Sep 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
Thanks E2.

Good brushless discussion over on the dedicated brushless subforum on HeliFreak. They got some interesting stuff going on. But you are right, some of the great mods are hidden from our views sometimes. I know KKDDMM in Japan is one example. And the Italy forums and Chinese forums got good stuff. Always appreciated when you guys share what you find here with us.

Boosters or regulating the voltage output is not a new concept. It's one way the BL guys are able to use 2s cells on their mCPX. It's all to keep the headspeed to be consistent so they can do their 3D movenuevers. Thanks for the link to the booster circuit too. Pricey though IMHO.

The mCPX really needed the double brushless more than the nCPX. Mainly due to it's tail.

The nCPX stock is faring very well with the stock power. The low overall weight of the heli helps a lot. The pop it gets feels like a brushless mCPX IMHO.

Dylan from Astroid Design is getting closer to having the kit for sale. He's waiting on an answer from Oversky for the motor. Because it requires the mains motor in a mCPX tail motor mount. And he likes the 1.5mm shaft with a 8t pinion. But his motor adapter ring he created can handle both a 7t and 8t. Pretty creative solution too.

Anyways, love seeing that the brushless setup manage to shave about .5g off the stock heli. Many people still think going brushless means the weight increases. On a properly done BL setup, the opposite is true.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:37 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Having a time trying to get this heli bound. I have had 9 flights so far.

Every now and then the heli gets into a weird glitch scenario where I cannot lift off because the elevator servo for example will tilt the heli forward. (Not the normal fbl lift off tendency).

I basically need to rebind when this happens. Well my dx8 keeps wanting to bind in DSM2 and not DSMX. I set up the frame rate for 22ms and DSMX but only once in a blue moon will it bind in DSMX mode.

Starting together annoyed now. Any help would be much appreciated.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Last edited by grovey; Sep 27, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:08 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Man I love this heli. Don't think I'm going to sell or give this one away.

Blade Nano CPX nCPX (2 min 47 sec)
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:49 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,597 Posts
Nice video. I wish mine would flip that tight. I can fly cp's just fine. I'm trying to learn a little but of 3d. I need to learn more the setting up of the radio part though.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:05 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
to the double brushless? they dont really show a DIY (cause its a store so I expect they want to sell it when its "flawless", but they show general specs - so anybody with ample knowledge from converting mcpx's should be able to use it as a pointer:
(top one says "first testflight with 200mah/30C" - and this refers to the double brushless nano cpx with frank lachmund canopy/skids)
http://www.helistyle.ch/startseite/neuigkeiten/
If they are selling wouldnt be plug and play which would cut out a lot of sales. I dont think I will go double brushless since the tail is strong stock but I do have a main motor on order that I will flash

Quote:

Edit:
forgot to mention: this is the "booster":
http://www.freakware.de/shop/artikel..._artikel=54449

You have got to be kidding me $45 bucks for a parallel hook up.....and I thought a $6 feathering shaft was ridiculous.
RCG Plus Member