SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Dec 2007
533 Posts
Has anyone made the epic test-all-batteries-in-existence yet?

.15Ah 25C batt is 4.25g Stock E-flite

.16Ah 25C 4.6g Miniaviation

.19Ah 25C 5.1g Miniaviation

.16Ah 25C 4.55g Hyperion

Maybe, the best option would be for a smallish mCPx battery:

.24Ah 25/50C Thunderpower 6.6g (+ around .1g for solder)

This would raise the AUW by around 9% though... Still, there's no doubt the TP would deliver a significantly higher voltage deep in the cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmotion View Post
I like it because the original is a bulls..t !

Hannes
What exactly does it do (apart from looks)? Why is the original BS? If the mCPx batts work out better, adopting it to mCPx batteries would be a great idea.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:39 PM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Qubec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmotion View Post
That`s possible.
But the shipping cost are high, i think.
Im from Germany.

If there are some more guys interested in this, i could make a box with some skids especially for the USA.
So the costs for shipping would be less/part.

Hannes
Amasing I would like have 2
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
Last edited by tiguytrem; Sep 26, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: mistake
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
24 Posts
My nCPx experience (so far)

Ok I bought one yesterday from Hobbytown Dallas. Pitch was good out of the box. Flew good but bad tail wag. Drug out my mCPx and mSRx and flew for comparison - convinced me tail wag was excessive. Took it back to LHS today and the young man there flew it all over the store like a pro, but agreed tail wag was bad. Tried another out of the box and it had tail wag plus bad wobbles - very hard to control. Ok I don't want that one! After much head scratching tried a 3rd nano and it flies like a charm. Now it's mine.

My take so far: this thing is great but you may have issues. If you do, your LHS or HH should take care of you. IMO, this thing is worth the trouble - I LIKE IT!

BTW, it's a pussycat at 60% DR in tight spaces til you get used to the response. I haven't flipped mine yet, waiting for the wind to die down so I can practice outside first as my indoor flying space has lots of obstacles.

Phil
fastphil_v is offline Find More Posts by fastphil_v
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Mine started getting the tail fin vibration problem. It turned out it was the blade grips had play in them. Using the 2 tools provided, I tightened up the feathering shaft and the vibrations went away.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Aug 2012
501 Posts
I wonder what the chances are of a V2 in a few months.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Thanks to all that replied to my question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
I fly both. I'm not a skilled pilot by any means, so take that in consideration:
1. The Nano is NOT more tame than the MCPx. If anything, because it is lighter, it might even be more responsive (twitchier).
2. It is much lighter, so it responds instantly to input with very little momentum, which may be taken as more "tame". It doesn't get away from me as the MCPx still does from time to time.
3. Because it's lighter and smaller, I have no issues flying indoors, taking off in the kitchen, landing on the sofa or coffee table, stuff like that. It also won't ding furniture or drywall the way the MCPx does.

HTH,
sg
Thanks Scott - this helps indeed. (And the fact that you're not a skilled pilot means even more - coz I can relate to you!)

So - just to clarify: where the MCPx is probably not a real good choice for living room flying (unless you're a skilled pilot), the Nano is because even though it's more nimble and responsive it is:

a) More forgiving in the event of a collision

b) More forgiving to your furniture and walls because it's lighter and doesn't have as much force on the rotor blades

c) More forgiving to my head because of the same in (b)

(Effectively I purchased the MCPx hoping I could fly it the house. I realize now, than until I'm a skilled pilot and will be avoiding objects (and people) this is an outdoor unit, however the Nano CP looks promising as a toy for the house for the less skilled pilots.

Can someone correct me if I've understood wrong please?
adza is offline Find More Posts by adza
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
While I think the mcpx is very fun inside and I am only a decent pilot I am way more careful with it. The nano I flip and fly next to my flat screen without even covering it. I have hit almost everything in the area with the exception of the tv and not one mark on anything
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adza View Post
Thanks to all that replied to my question....

Thanks Scott - this helps indeed. (And the fact that you're not a skilled pilot means even more - coz I can relate to you!)

So - just to clarify: where the MCPx is probably not a real good choice for living room flying (unless you're a skilled pilot), the Nano is because even though it's more nimble and responsive it is:

a) More forgiving in the event of a collision

b) More forgiving to your furniture and walls because it's lighter and doesn't have as much force on the rotor blades

c) More forgiving to my head because of the same in (b)

(Effectively I purchased the MCPx hoping I could fly it the house. I realize now, than until I'm a skilled pilot and will be avoiding objects (and people) this is an outdoor unit, however the Nano CP looks promising as a toy for the house for the less skilled pilots.

Can someone correct me if I've understood wrong please?
That's it exactly. Plus, responds more quickly to input, so you can change direction before it hits the chair, and you don't have to be so quick on the throttle hold trigger!
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
While I think the mcpx is very fun inside and I am only a decent pilot I am way more careful with it. The nano I flip and fly next to my flat screen without even covering it. I have hit almost everything in the area with the exception of the tv and not one mark on anything
Do youb blade grips have play in them? You have tail fin vibration problems right?
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Thanks guys! Seems like I know what I want for Christmas now.... if I can wait that long
adza is offline Find More Posts by adza
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,602 Posts
Anyone else's blades starting to warp upwards towards the tips? They are so thin i can see why. I got some slop in the swash too. If some one comes out with a machined one i will definitely consider it.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Has anyone made the epic test-all-batteries-in-existence yet?

.15Ah 25C batt is 4.25g Stock E-flite

.16Ah 25C 4.6g Miniaviation

.19Ah 25C 5.1g Miniaviation

.16Ah 25C 4.55g Hyperion

Maybe, the best option would be for a smallish mCPx battery:

.24Ah 25/50C Thunderpower 6.6g (+ around .1g for solder)

This would raise the AUW by around 9% though... Still, there's no doubt the TP would deliver a significantly higher voltage deep in the cycles.
Daryoon has cover most, if not all of these batteries in his tests.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/02/e-f...-1s-lipo-test/

http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/01/1s-...charge-curves/

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/09/pho...pular-1s-lipo/
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
One of LHS told me that they have a new indoor area that they can fly things in. So they invited me out to try out the nCPx in their new indoor flying area. I guess I'll fly one and if I like it I'll take it home with me. Doesn't get much better than that.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
I just did 5 more flights this evening in mild wind and eight this morning in a gym. When I was flying a few minutes ago, The bird went completely dead a few times in flight. I pick it up and sometimes it would start up and fly and other times it wouldn't untilI change batteries and I know the batteries were not dead. I was flying back to back batteries but the tail motor was only luke warm and the evening is quite cool since I live in the mountains. I think I need a brushless motor in this baby providing it doesn't add too much weight. This thing with no wind hovers hands off as good as if not better than my 130X and is quite responsive. I am a little concerned about the motor conking out but it happened on my fourth and fifth flight. Maybe the motor was trying to tell me something because when I came inside the house I put another battery in it and flew it for thee minutes without any problems.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Do youb blade grips have play in them? You have tail fin vibration problems right?
Not yesterday when i checked..but now the feathering shaft is an "s" shape so now there is a little

I think my FS might have been a little warped out of the box. Oh well even with nice bends in it it still flys good.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM.