Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:29 AM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adza View Post
Hi Guys,

Quick question for those who have used the MCP X and the Nano CP X...

How much different does the Nano CP X handle compared to the MCP x? (What I'm trying to establish is whether or not the Nano is suitable for house / lounge room flying for the basic pilot).

I've flown the MSR indoors fine, but my MCP x scares the heck out of me - and I require more room than my back yard - let alone my living room! So I was wondering if the Nano CP x is a lot more tame (ie closer to a MSR), or whether it is very similar to the MCP x when it comes to speed, agility, and room requirements?

Cheers

Adza
I fly both. I'm not a skilled pilot by any means, so take that in consideration:
1. The Nano is NOT more tame than the MCPx. If anything, because it is lighter, it might even be more responsive (twitchier).
2. It is much lighter, so it responds instantly to input with very little momentum, which may be taken as more "tame". It doesn't get away from me as the MCPx still does from time to time.
3. Because it's lighter and smaller, I have no issues flying indoors, taking off in the kitchen, landing on the sofa or coffee table, stuff like that. It also won't ding furniture or drywall the way the MCPx does.

HTH,
sg
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Wished I would have know that yesterday. I did pick up a couple of mcpx tail rotor blades. It nice they used some existing parts from other heils. Need to get some new batteries as most of mine are old and are showing their age. God, I really love this bird. It is so much fun and who would have thunk it is mostly glued together! lol

Bob
I like it more than the mCPX. I have been flying it very gently for fear of damaging a part that's unavailable at the moment such as the feathering shaft.

Jim
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
My first impression is that it flies great but needs a little more power. Hopefully, when the batteries and motor break-in, the power will go up.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Dec 2005
36 Posts
The MSRx landing gear won't fit the Nano. The MSR will fit it and is the same. The MCPx is a little longer in between posts so has to have a mod so it will fit. I tried all these landing gears on my nano so only the MSR is the same. I don't know about the other smaller one but they use the main gear from it. The MSRx Tail assy is about the same as the nano may be just slightly shorter. Hyperion 160 and 130 batteries both fit and work fine. Little less time on the 130 may be 30 seconds then the EF 150's .
RMSlinkers is offline Find More Posts by RMSlinkers
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Has anyone tried using the 300mah batteries from the mCPX? All you would to do is make an adapter.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Last edited by jhroof; Sep 26, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
HAhhhaaaaahaaaaa...LOL... I was finally able to flip a helicopter and keep flying!! My mCPx would blow the tail out and do the pirouette of death to the ground. I flew this morning, no wind, and I was able to flip it, get it under control and keep flying! IT was SOOOOOO kewl!!! I flipped it a few more times...so far so good. I've only had a few long grass 'crashes' so ahl iz whel!!! LOVE this bird!!!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,337 Posts
Wanted to join in...I LOVE this little heli! I have wrecked it over 10 times now, even forgetting to hit throttle hold...and this little guy is darn near indestructible. I do wish it had more power, but I'm sure that's more this pilot's technique as the videos seem to show it having plenty of power.
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers View Post
The MSRx landing gear won't fit the Nano.
Strange, as the BLH3204 part for the landing gear is listed in the Nano parts list on Horizon's website. However, I'm very certain it also said nCPX yesterday, but now only the mSRX is listed.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
I have noticed that to get much lift, the stick is almost topped out...how do I get more lift? I programmed the radio from the manual...I also lengthened the servo to swash links by 2 turns, and that helped a bit...
Any thoughts?
Thnx
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I like it more than the mCPX. I have been flying it very gently for fear of damaging a part that's unavailable at the moment such as the feathering shaft.

Jim
I flew eight flights early this morning. Broke the landing gear but still flies with it broken. The main gear came off about half a dozen times. I fly 100% D/r with no expo and I have to be careful because this thing is quick. I tried some flips but didn't succeed because I was too heavy on the collective. This thing has taken so many hard hits and just keeps going. Not bad for a glued together bird. lol

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
I have noticed that to get much lift, the stick is almost topped out...how do I get more lift? I programmed the radio from the manual...I also lengthened the servo to swash links by 2 turns, and that helped a bit...
Any thoughts?
Thnx
Put your radio in throttle hold. Then, move your left stick to 50%. Check to see if the blade grips are level with each other. This would be your neutral pictch position. If they aren't neutral then adjust your swash links accordingly.

You want max pitch when your left stick is all the way up.

If your mechanical setup is off then your radio won't solve the issue. On the 130x there is actually a line on each blade grip to help you ensure that the blade pitch is calibrated appropriately. If the two lines hit each other at mid stick then you know it's right.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
I tried some flips but didn't succeed because I was too heavy on the collective.
Did the tail blow out?
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2007
70 Posts
Well, i joined the club - got the BNF. Flew silky smooth right out of the box! Im not good enough to 3d in the living room, but once i get my first indoor flip under my belt, look out!
ottrod is offline Find More Posts by ottrod
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
If your mechanical setup is off then your radio won't solve the issue. On the 130x there is actually a line on each blade grip to help you ensure that the blade pitch is calibrated appropriately. If the two lines hit each other at mid stick then you know it's right.
You can also fold both blades back and adjust until the are both level.
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:35 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
is this faster than Mini CP?
As far as reaction...yes way faster. I rarely used expo on my mini's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
Really liking the durability of my nano! It seems to bog pretty bad when inverted though, to much negative collective? I did manage to flip it yesterday but it took almost a 4 foot diameter circle to complete it and I made sure I had some altitude before I did it since I didn't want to pound it in, I'm a bit new to 3D.
If it is bogging your motor might need breaking in or you might have too much pos or neg..check your center pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post

Jim
I think i have found a replacement feathering shaft..I HOPE it will work but i just got the idea last night and havent checked yet. Ill let you know if it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Any thoughts?
Thnx
mechanical setup, either pitch or your main shaft has vertical play
Mcpx 0 pitch setup (4 min 42 sec)

Quote:
I flew eight flights early this morning. Broke the landing gear but still flies with it broken. The main gear came off about half a dozen times. I fly 100% D/r with no expo and I have to be careful because this thing is quick. I tried some flips but didn't succeed because I was too heavy on the collective. This thing has taken so many hard hits and just keeps going. Not bad for a glued together bird. lol

Bob
Hot glue works wonders. But i just checked my msr gear is exactly the same as the nano's

I cant fly this thing inside without expo at 100%..you must have fast fingers
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed