HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I use three minutes on all my heli's.
Wow, that's pretty dismal. And I thought 4 to 4:30 was bad...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:57 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
It is. Look up the product description on Horizon's site and it even says it's for the mSR, mSR X and nCP X.
Good to know. That's one part that should have good availability
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:21 AM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
I got 6 minutes but I am not doing 3d either. the msr skids work great. not sure if it is the air moving in my house but I can be putting along in level flight and get a fast drop. once 3 feet.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Wow, that's pretty dismal. And I thought 4 to 4:30 was bad...
I could easily go four min but, after three min I'm ready to bring them in. Batteries seem to last longer too.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:43 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Just had to replace the tail assembly.
The motor lasted about 20 flights. No hard crashes.
Hopefully I just got a bad one. The bushing closest to yhe blade wore out.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
A new canopy won't hide it from my wife. She is blind and first thing she said when age got home was did you get a new one?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Hi Guys,

Quick question for those who have used the MCP X and the Nano CP X...

How much different does the Nano CP X handle compared to the MCP x? (What I'm trying to establish is whether or not the Nano is suitable for house / lounge room flying for the basic pilot).

I've flown the MSR indoors fine, but my MCP x scares the heck out of me - and I require more room than my back yard - let alone my living room! So I was wondering if the Nano CP x is a lot more tame (ie closer to a MSR), or whether it is very similar to the MCP x when it comes to speed, agility, and room requirements?

Cheers

Adza
adza is offline Find More Posts by adza
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
I think it is fine for normal flying (all I do) much easier the the mcpx. I could only learn to hover tail in and out in the house.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Yes it's like an msr that can do 3d. Much better than mcpx for living room because its smaller, lighter, and uses less power and a lower head speed. So if it hits something it won't break itself of your tv.
It's great for 3d. Tail doesn't blow out. But it is touchy like the mcpx. But you could tame it way down with your tx. The tx settings in the manual are so you can do tight fast flips and rolls.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
It's probably my lack of skill and not the nano cpx, but I used the settings from the manual and I can't seem to flip it at all inside. I feel it takes a long time to go into inverted and will only do so with a strong drift to the left (after elev flip). Actually, I can flip my MCPX in a much smaller space. Any hints to what I'm doing wrong?

Also, once in a while it won't bind to my DX6i, so I need to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Eventually it will bind...

So, I'm not too happy at the moment, but that's probably due to lack of skill. On the positive side, the nano for sure is very durable
bj893 is offline Find More Posts by bj893
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,871 Posts
Probably overdoing it on the collective.
Toss it up quickly then pull your elevator all the way back quickly so it flips and then "catch" it with a little negative collective. I was needing a few feet at first but now I can flip it in place right above my head while laying on the couch. Do your elevator after you toss up and pull back to mid stick. Then it will flip in place.

There are 2 settings for elevator and aileron in the manual. Make sure your set to the first one that uses less expo so it's reacts quicker. I think it was +30 or so. You could even try linear but to me that seems like it would be too touchy.

It rolls even tighter than it flips for me.

You could study James flipping under the table:
Blade Nano CPX.... flying low (0 min 22 sec)

As far as binding. I had problems too first few times then it just started binding better.
Sometimes it doesn't but 2nd time it usually does after reconnecting the batt.
Seems to have problems if its too close to the tx.
Last edited by sideburn; Sep 26, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:24 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I understand the Msrx landing gear is the same as nano.

Jim
Wished I would have know that yesterday. I did pick up a couple of mcpx tail rotor blades. It nice they used some existing parts from other heils. Need to get some new batteries as most of mine are old and are showing their age. God, I really love this bird. It is so much fun and who would have thunk it is mostly glued together! lol

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adza View Post
So I was wondering if the Nano CP x is a lot more tame (ie closer to a MSR), or whether it is very similar to the MCP x when it comes to speed, agility, and room requirements?

Cheers

Adza
Tame is the key on your question. No the smaller Nano is not tame compared to the MCPx. It has high blade speed and is very nimble. I was shocked by how quick it is and how fast I can flip mine and practice inverted flight in my living room. I think its more nimble than the MCPx which takes a bit more time to flip and tends to bog. The Nano will scream away from you if you bang the sticks. I never put expo on my heli's. My 130x and MCPx are 100% rates without expo. I mention this because I put the recommended expo on this little guy. That tamed it down a bit at mid stick.

Try reducing the throws on your MCPx and adding more expo. That helps with over correction mistakes which often happen when you are learning. You can get the Nano and do the same thing with it. It is smaller and more robust than the MCPx.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:59 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
is this faster than Mini CP?
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,256 Posts
Really liking the durability of my nano! It seems to bog pretty bad when inverted though, to much negative collective? I did manage to flip it yesterday but it took almost a 4 foot diameter circle to complete it and I made sure I had some altitude before I did it since I didn't want to pound it in, I'm a bit new to 3D.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125