Joined Mar 2009
1,196 Posts
I have to rebind mine after every flight too
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
You should not have to bind between flights!

Ensure that your TX is on for a good five seconds before hooking the battery up to the heli. It might help if the TX is a couple feet away. If you've tried these and it still wants to bind, call HH and get it replaced.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctrudeau View Post
I went directly from mSR TO 130 X, with good results, but I find myself a bit timid with the 130 X because neither the CG nor the rotor stop moving immediately upon hitting throttle hold. It hits the ground hard, at speed, and the tail gears swallow grass blades and take damage. At 1 oz., I'm hoping the nCP X gives me back that invulnerable feeling, so I can fail harmlessly more often/improve faster.

Marc
Just keep flying the 130X as much as possible and don't fly beyond your comfort level. Over time you will become more confident and expand your capability. I was seriously afraid of crashing my 450X but kept at it and now I have no fear.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:33 PM
Just some guy, you know?
San Diego, CA
Joined Oct 2008
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Just keep flying the 130X as much as possible and don't fly beyond your comfort level. Over time you will become more confident and expand your capability. I was seriously afraid of crashing my 450X but kept at it and now I have no fear.
I learned CP on a SR that flew apart without even hitting the ground, then after 50 flights the head fell apart in flight and I went up to a T-Rex 450 Pro. Later I got a MCPx and I did progress much faster on the MCPx because I wasn't afraid to try new things (like flying inverted), but I still made plenty of progress with the 450.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline Find More Posts by Wiskey
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
I have to rebind mine after every flight too

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiznessflying View Post
well here's my somewhat short flight experience with the nano cpx:
First 3 flights went wonderful. Flew all packs with no issues at all using mfg recommended settings on my dx6i. Afterwards the tail would blow out on rapid decent spinning the heli clockwise. Another issue was it would no longer automatically bind with my radio and would have to keep rebinding manually after switching batteries.
Kinda aggravating because I eagerly anticipated the release of this heli and then now this.
Called HH and they advised me to send it back to them so they could check it out.
Really sucks...now the waiting period begins..AGAIN.
Two questions.

What radio?
Are you turning the radio off between batteries or leaving it on and just changing batteries?

I have a DX6i and if I leave the radio on it has no problems. If the radio is not left on and the radio is to close to the heli, it will have difficulty binding some time. I should say I had the same problem with my mcpx. A new 3 in one did not fix it. Occasionally I have this problem with my 130x but it is not as sensitive. I am assuming it is my transmitter. It is a DSM2 version.
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,196 Posts
Flew it a few more times today and now I'm having a really bad throttle surge, I will start to spool up and the rpm is really low...so low that it won't lift off then all of a sudden the rpm's jump and it's flying fine, I thought it was my throttle curve but on the last flight it did it pretty bad, it would surge between hi and low rpm so much and at every throttle stick setting that it was impossible to fly. With me having to bind it nearly evey flight and now this I think mine might be bad. I'll have to contact HH tomorrow.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
Two questions.

What radio?
Are you turning the radio off between batteries or leaving it on and just changing batteries?

I have a DX6i and if I leave the radio on it has no problems. If the radio is not left on and the radio is to close to the heli, it will have difficulty binding some time. I should say I had the same problem with my mcpx. A new 3 in one did not fix it. Occasionally I have this problem with my 130x but it is not as sensitive. I am assuming it is my transmitter. It is a DSM2 version.
I have the dx6i. When I do a quick battery swap I leave the radio on. Had no issues like this on my msrx nor mcpx. Hope I get mine fixed soon I'm just itchin to fly it again. Real fun heli and was certainly a blast to fly in my tiny apartment.
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:28 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Rebind

I had to rebind once. I also had to wait 20 sec before it hooked up. not sure what the deal is.
bebopgolf is online now Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopgolf View Post
I had to rebind once. I also had to wait 20 sec before it hooked up. not sure what the deal is.
What radio?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Feb 2007
166 Posts
Radio

Dx8
bebopgolf is online now Find More Posts by bebopgolf
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post

As a begginer myself I can understand a newbies frustration trying to understand all this stuff flybarless, flybarred, fixed pitch, collective pitch ,coaxial
Throtle curves, pitch curves, collective mixing, gyro curves. I think I have a fairly good grasp of the rudimentary flight dynamics of the different systems and know how to set up throttle curves and pitch curves on my DX8,, I just need to be able to get proper stick eye coordination to do more than normal mode flying. As I said this nano is the bird I wished I had after the MSR,, to me at least seems like a more logical next step after MSR than MCPX. :-)
Thanks for confirming what I suspected...the nanoCPX should fit into a good niche. I'm a big fan of Blade...not quite a fan boy, but I can't resist their newest helis even if it's a step backwards for my ability.

The mCPX is a bit too much for me indoors. Maybe if my skills were better I could get a handle on it. But for brainless indoor fun, I think the nanoCPX should fit the bill.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2011
162 Posts
Can anyone speak of how this heli flies outdoors. I doubt I will be doing any indoor flying, so I'm curious to know how it does outside.
lawguy14 is offline Find More Posts by lawguy14
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy14 View Post
Can anyone speak of how this heli flies outdoors. I doubt I will be doing any indoor flying, so I'm curious to know how it does outside.
It does well. Better than my mcpx.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,587 Posts
Ditto on that. Was flying in a stiff breaze today with no problems.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Aug 2007
153 Posts
Nano's in stock

FYI. The Hobbytown USA in Vegas has a number of Nano's in stock. Both BNF and RTF. Just got them Friday.
ssobol is offline Find More Posts by ssobol