SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:29 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Cheers. It could still be blade balance, the feathering shaft looks straight using the "take one blade off and rotate the shaft" test. I'll try loosening it. What's the best way to check blade balance? I was getting nowhere trying to think up a way.
To get the correct tightness tighten all the way then back off while rotating the blade grip until the notchy feeling goes away.

On balancing if you have an ultra precise scale i would start there. If they weigh the same you could then check CG per blade on a pencil or something similar and see if they match.
If both are correct then you could add a small piece of tape to one blade and see if it gets better or worse.. Start out with a very small piece and if you dont notice a difference add another piece until you see it get better or worse. if it gets worse you know you have to correct the other blade.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
To get the correct tightness tighten all the way then back off while rotating the blade grip until the notchy feeling goes away.

On balancing if you have an ultra precise scale i would start there. If they weigh the same you could then check CG per blade on a pencil or something similar and see if they match.
If both are correct then you could add a small piece of tape to one blade and see if it gets better or worse.. Start out with a very small piece and if you dont notice a difference add another piece until you see it get better or worse. if it gets worse you know you have to correct the other blade.
+1!

That's the method I use on these micros. Works quite well.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Cheers. It could still be blade balance, the feathering shaft looks straight using the "take one blade off and rotate the shaft" test. I'll try loosening it. What's the best way to check blade balance? I was getting nowhere trying to think up a way.
Have you crashed it a lot? If so and if you eliminated all the other possibilities, then you may have a sprung main shaft. If you have very significant vibration at low rpm take the blades off and spool it up very slowly. If you still have any vibration your shaft is bad.

I recently replaced my main shaft and can't believe the difference. And then I went out with 20 mile an hour winds, flying upside down. All went well until the wind caught it and it ended up smashing into my truck. Now my board is bad again. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. But I just bought a used mCPX bl so I think I'll be okay
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Have you crashed it a lot? If so and if you eliminated all the other possibilities, then you may have a sprung main shaft. If you have very significant vibration at low rpm take the blades off and spool it up very slowly. If you still have any vibration your shaft is bad.

I recently replaced my main shaft and can't believe the difference. And then I went out with 20 mile an hour winds, flying upside down. All went well until the wind caught it and it ended up smashing into my truck. Now my board is bad again. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. But I just bought a used mCPX bl so I think I'll be okay
Interested in hearing how you do with the mCPX though
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Interested in hearing how you do with the mCPX though

I'm a lost cause!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,082 Posts
Quote:
I'm a lost cause!
Join the club

Quote:

I might have been a biker if I hadn't spent all my money on drugs.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
After much tinkering and reading, I have managed only to get my MSRX setup and working with my modded 9x and DSM2 module. My Nano CPX is a horse of a different color, to borrow a phrase from my mother. The template provided some pages ago did not work and I deleted it from the radio. I tried to create a model from scratch for it, but find myself staring at it like someone in the fifties would stare at a cell phone. Perhaps I'm in too deep as far as this hobby goes. Does anyone have this setup actually working? Where did you find out how to set everything? A combination of sources? Help! Everything that I have tried has ended in failure. I abhor failure.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:24 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
After much tinkering and reading, I have managed only to get my MSRX setup and working with my modded 9x and DSM2 module. My Nano CPX is a horse of a different color, to borrow a phrase from my mother. The template provided some pages ago did not work and I deleted it from the radio. I tried to create a model from scratch for it, but find myself staring at it like someone in the fifties would stare at a cell phone. Perhaps I'm in too deep as far as this hobby goes. Does anyone have this setup actually working? Where did you find out how to set everything? A combination of sources? Help! Everything that I have tried has ended in failure. I abhor failure.
Mine is working fine. I assume you have er9x if you're using a dsm2 module? I just translated my dx6i settings over after using my blade 4ch model as the template. I could send you my eepe model if you want.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:04 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
I ordered a set of airtime landing gear not too long ago, and it came in the mail yesterday. Opened her up and found that he sent me two sets! they look sick. I love the lo profile look. assembly/install was easy enough. Hardest part for me was snapping the hangers onto the skid. It's tight, you have to wiggle it a lot and stretch the hanger then use quite a bit of force to snap them in. They pressed into the frame no problem. Lighter than my KBDD's also.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:09 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
+1 on the airtime skids. Already taken a beating on my nano...

These damn swash plate's on the other hand are made out of butter. How do the alloy one's hold up? Which brand should I buy? I was just going to get the MH kit, but they don't seem that highly regarded on the 130X forums.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Last edited by Billz_01; Feb 18, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:20 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
+1 on the airtime skids. Already taken a beating on my nano...

These damn swash plate's on the other hand are made out of butter. How do the alloy one's hold up? Which brand should I buy? I was just going to get the MH kit, but they don't seem that highly regarded on the 130X forums.
I bought a Microheli swash and have had no problems with it. Plus you can convert to a rear anti-rotation bracket because swash has a pin coming off rear swash arm.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:04 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
It's smooth with the blades removed.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Mine is working fine. I assume you have er9x if you're using a dsm2 module? I just translated my dx6i settings over after using my blade 4ch model as the template. I could send you my eepe model if you want.
That would be great! I tried using a combination of the settings in the manual for the dx6i and the er9x manual, but couldn't make the two mesh together and found myself clueless when it same to setting throttle and pitch curves and the throttle hold. I just couldn't figure it out. I appreciate your help! I seem to be experiencing a heli related mental block.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:42 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I'm flying the Nano with a 9x, OrangeRX DSM module, and Open9x software. Happy to share my settings if that helps. I don't suppose the difference between ER9X and Open9x is significant. Here's a print out attached if I can get it to work, but be aware that this a beginner's settings and I don't use the idle up mode (so I only use Curve 1 and 4 for throttle and pitch).
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,818 Posts
Does anyone else have this issue where occasionally using the DX4e, throttle hold won't work? It is always when I crash into something and the blades are making contact, usually spinning the heli on the ground like a headless chicken, scuffing up the blades. I will sit there banging on throttle hold and it won't shut the damn thing down! It is like when the ESC is heavily loaded it (or the RX part) can't hear the signal you are trying to send. Is this an issue with the DX4e or the nano?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod