HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
536 Posts
wow, with the mild asteroid upgrade I was really unimpressed with the performance of this heli until the post man arrived with my nano tech 160mahs. For the people with douts out there it is a huge difference. Just not with tired old batteries. Seems like I will have to track my batteries closer now and only keep the best for the nano. Good thing the others still fly the socks off my msrx and champ, the nano with bl motor just requires fresh hi c rated batteries to fly right.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,026 Posts
If you think NanoTech are good. Stalk EPBuddy and order some Glacier 160.

I found they are consistently better than the NanoTech. Cheap too. Words is spreading and thus will make these LiPO harder to source I am sure.

However, if you're getting good batches of NanoTech. That's great indeed.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:50 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,785 Posts
im starting to loose faith in Hyperion, my last couple 160s have both had the black part with the plug come unglued, and my second to newest one has completely died after maybe 50 cycles at max. An older one still works fine. New one does seem to have more initial punch than eflite 150s, but not any better run time, sometimes shorter.
seeingeyegod is online now Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:52 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I'm just waiting to find out enough info as to whether it is worth spending any money on. I'm having a bit of fun with my larger heli's at the moment, upgrading my 130x mostly.

As for those hyperions, I'm a little on the same side there seeingeyegod. I had to glue my cap back on one of them, and the plugs are not pulled through enough on the other 2 so it doesn't plug in properly. (slides on but falls off in the slightest of crashes). I'm thinking of giving the TP's a go, have heard good things, but for the money side of it I'm just going to get a bunch of nano-techs. My old turnigy packs (before nano-tech) are still good enough to run my micro plane and the msr.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Last edited by Billz_01; Feb 16, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
536 Posts
Don't yell at me because I know that charging batteries is a sensitive subject but is .4 on the celectra charger ok for this size battery. I don't know how I arrived at .4 but both of mine are set there and with how poorly my eflight batteries are performing I was wondering if it was because I am charging at too high a rate. Don't want to ruin more batteries this way if that is the case. Most of the old batteries still give good flight time on other helis but stink in the nano with a bl motor.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:34 PM
Joined Nov 2010
315 Posts
CHARGING AT .4A IS JUST UNDER THE 3C MAXIMUM CHARGE RATE FOR THE EFLITE BATTERIES!

Sorry couldn't help myself...

In all seriousness that's probably a big factor why your batteries are already dropping in performance. Stick to a .2A charge rate or even .1A if your not in a rush and your batteries will thank you.

With that said I charge my new EFlite 35C batteries 6 at a time at .5A each because I consider these tiny 1S lipos almost disposable with how cheap they are. Plus when they don't do we'll in my Nano I retire them to my UM Polecat which is much easier on batteries and get a month or two extra out of them.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:19 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
im starting to loose faith in Hyperion, my last couple 160s have both had the black part with the plug come unglued, and my second to newest one has completely died after maybe 50 cycles at max. An older one still works fine. New one does seem to have more initial punch than eflite 150s, but not any better run time, sometimes shorter.
I have one hyperion I got from a LHS, and It had the same problem. I glued it back on, but now it doesn't plug in properly. It goes, but doesn't "snap" in like my e-flights... never had it come loose yet, but I have only flown indoors in my house so far, so no bad crashes... (waiting for snow to melt and grass to dry)
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:29 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
918 Posts
Anyone know where I can find some bullet blades? I don't see them anywhere
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:35 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
i have 16 hyperion 160 mah batts (gathered over time) and not one snaps in place, just picked up 4 thunder power 160's and the are more compact and seem to dish out the same power if not more, they snap in better the hyperion, but not as good as stock.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:36 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Anyone know where I can find some bullet blades? I don't see them anywhere
get a time machine and go forward a month or two... bring some green ones back for me....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
According to fastserve, ETA on black, green and orange fast flight blades is 2/21
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Any hints for tracking down vibration in flight? I can see the tail fin vibrating side-to-side at the bottom. I'm guessing the main rotor blades are out of balance but I spent ages trying to add weight to one or the other without really getting anywhere. I could make it worse, but not better.
Anyone?
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Anyone?
If it isnt blade balance my guess would be feathering shaft either bent or too tight.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
If it isnt blade balance my guess would be feathering shaft either bent or too tight.
Cheers. It could still be blade balance, the feathering shaft looks straight using the "take one blade off and rotate the shaft" test. I'll try loosening it. What's the best way to check blade balance? I was getting nowhere trying to think up a way.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
918 Posts
Are the Microheli or the lynx blades anything like the fast flight blades? There are aftermarket bullet blades for the mcpx and 130x, anyone else make them for the ncpx?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie