HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:03 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
My nano came with the 35c stock packs. I also purchased another 3. They seem alright, but the hyperion 160 has better punch.

Nice...!

What about the TP Pro Lite 160's...???
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
......What about the TP Pro Lite 160's...???
I've been using the Hyp & TP 160s in my 1s UM aircraft since back when each of them were first released. The Hyp 160s seem to have an edge in punch & power-to-weight. However, the TP 160s are nearly 15% lighter. (4.0g vs. 4.7g)

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Any hints for tracking down vibration in flight? I can see the tail fin vibrating side-to-side at the bottom. I'm guessing the main rotor blades are out of balance but I spent ages trying to add weight to one or the other without really getting anywhere. I could make it worse, but not better.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:34 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,943 Posts
Well THAT was unexpected!

So, I was out flying the Nano a moment ago and noticed some pretty violent tail wag developing. I figured that maybe the tail motor was going, so I kept flying.

About 1.5 minutes into the flight, something rather unexpected happened - Both blades simultaneously shot out from the heli in opposite directions . The Heli, of course, dropped like a rock.

Upon further inspection, it appears that the feathering shaft had begun to loosen during flight and continued to loosen.

Moral of the story - if you see tail wag - CHECK YOUR FEATHERING SHAFT!

(and a drop of CA might have been a good idea too . . . )
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
So, I was out flying the Nano a moment ago and noticed some pretty violent tail wag developing. I figured that maybe the tail motor was going, so I kept flying.

About 1.5 minutes into the flight, something rather unexpected happened - Both blades simultaneously shot out from the heli in opposite directions . The Heli, of course, dropped like a rock.

Upon further inspection, it appears that the feathering shaft had begun to loosen during flight and continued to loosen.

Moral of the story - if you see tail wag - CHECK YOUR FEATHERING SHAFT!

(and a drop of CA might have been a good idea too . . . )
Seen that happen during a 3D demo on an Align 450 last Fall, twice! CF blades went a flyin! I was 20 feet back.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:49 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Seen that happen during a 3D demo on an Align 450 last Fall, twice! CF blades went a flyin! I was 20 feet back.
ouch! Glad no one was hurt!
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:52 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I'm yet to try the TP 160's. I would definitely take Joel's word for it though.

I am looking at TP packs for my larger birds (300 & 130X's) so I might grab a few when I order them ones in.

And rogue blades always worry me when I'm flying now, since a 130x tail rotor blade can slice my foot I would hate to imagine what a main on the 300 would do.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:24 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,839 Posts
I'm still afraid to try flipping inside. Seems pretty easy to do outside now, but this thing still seems a little scary to fly around inside other than in very slow circles. When I see people doing 3d even on a 250 size heli, I just don't understand how they can avoid killing something, those things ARE FAST!!
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:37 PM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,524 Posts
I have a 250, haven't even flown it. Plan to buy a Nano CPX to practice on before I even think about 3D with it!
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:10 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,174 Posts
so reguarding brushless.... has anyone tried the new mcpx brushless motor in the nano yet? I try to keep up on the thread but sometimes I miss things.... I believe they are both 8mm motors right?
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:26 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
so reguarding brushless.... has anyone tried the new mcpx brushless motor in the nano yet? I try to keep up on the thread but sometimes I miss things.... I believe they are both 8mm motors right?
I'm trying to find some gears instead of the 70t main. It could be a great motor but doesn't spin fast enough on 1s. There's a thread where it is being put into the umx planes also. It has less thrust on 1s due to a slower speed, but virtually no load on the motor, so I'm hoping to be able to load it up a bit and find a happy medium with decent flight times but still adequate power.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:37 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
I'm still afraid to try flipping inside. Seems pretty easy to do outside now, but this thing still seems a little scary to fly around inside other than in very slow circles. When I see people doing 3d even on a 250 size heli, I just don't understand how they can avoid killing something, those things ARE FAST!!
Arrrgh. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go out to the park and try this for real on mine. I've been practicing in Phoenix but need some big air before I'll be brave enough to try it for real.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:16 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Quote:
I'm trying to find some gears instead of the 70t main. It could be a great motor but doesn't spin fast enough on 1s. There's a thread where it is being put into the umx planes also. It has less thrust on 1s due to a slower speed, but virtually no load on the motor, so I'm hoping to be able to load it up a bit and find a happy medium with decent flight times but still adequate power.
I would like to see it in action, but the Kv is just too low for 1S lipo. I dont think you'll find any main gears small enough to make it work. I dont know of any main gears off hand that would even fit besides stock. Putting in the outrunner with the proper Kv really isnt that hard, and choosing between the mild and wild, power can be whatever you like.
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:38 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I have found an assortment of different gears, the only trouble I'm having is the correct pitch. I'm going to order 1 of everything and see what I can match up I think.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,821 Posts
Quote:
I have found an assortment of different gears, the only trouble I'm having is the correct pitch. I'm going to order 1 of everything and see what I can match up I think.
Now that is cool. I'd love to see how it turns out. Can someone with the brushless 8mm motor at least confirm that it is indeed a drop in fit ?

Only other flaw that i see, is that it is bushed and has no bearing A big boo for longevity their.
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley