HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:29 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Is the mild kit enough to prevent bogging? At first people seemed to praise the mild kit, but lately I've seen more complaints that it is no more powerful than stock motor and the wild kit is the way to go.

I think I'm going to do one or the other, tried to do flips outside yesterday and way too much motor bogging on recovery. Course the temps were in the 40s (which I'm sure hurt battery performance) and I'm not sure I'll ever have good "collective management" as they say.
I have used both the wild and the mild kit. Your perception of the mild kit will depend on what you're transitioning from. I went from stock to the wild kit and then to the mild kit. Going from the wild kit (which is a tremendous improvement over stock) to the mild kit was disappointing - didn't seem that much better than stock, even though it probably is better. I'm sure my perception would have been different had I gone to the mild kit from stock. Given there's no significant price difference between the two and I like to fly outside where it's windy most of the time, the wild kit is more preferable. When I'm inside, I use an Idle Up mode 1 that is set up to be more like the mild kit - get the best of both worlds that way.

I'm also fairly new to CP helis and my collective management skills suck - I have bogged down the mild kit more than once (usually bailing out of a failed maneuver).
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Last edited by Jboy90277; Feb 15, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:09 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,086 Posts
What is " IU1 mode" on the brushless kit?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
What is " IU1 mode" on the brushless kit?
Sorry - Idle Up mode 1. I have 2 Idle Up modes set on my transmitter.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:44 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Curious also as to what you had you IU modes set to in the mild kit there Jboy. Did you use a set gov or tx gov? What TC did you use? I assumed the mild kit would be great, purely because the extra headroom should allow much less bogging, HS of 4400 is somewhere between 70 & 80% flat TC which should give plenty of headroom yeah?
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Curious also as to what you had you IU modes set to in the mild kit there Jboy. Did you use a set gov or tx gov? What TC did you use? I assumed the mild kit would be great, purely because the extra headroom should allow much less bogging, HS of 4400 is somewhere between 70 & 80% flat TC which should give plenty of headroom yeah?
When I had the mild kit on, it wasn't governed - just running a flat throttle curve at 100%.

I don't have my radio handy to tell you exactly the 2 IU settings I have for the wild kit (think IU1 was around 70% and IU2 at 85%). Plenty of headroom on both to avoid bogging.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:09 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
So are the new HH Eflite 150mah 35c batteries better with the stock brushed motor on this one or would they only make a difference in a brushless setup?

Or are they not worth the extra weight on the brushed can motor?

Also for $8.99 are the TP 25c 160mah Pro Lites the better option?

Thanks!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Last edited by Kilo60; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:30 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
So are the new HH Eflite 150mah 35c batteries better with the stock brushed motor on this one or would they only make a difference in a brushless setup?

Or are they not worth the extra weight on the brushed can motor?

Also for $8.99 are the TP 25c 160mah Pro Lites the better option?

Thanks!
They made a difference for me! I bought 5 of them, they are definitely an improvement over the stock 25c eflites and 150 25c venoms.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:07 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,465 Posts
The Hyp 160s also perform very well in this bird: http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...ct-p-5416.html

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:09 PM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
358 Posts
Tutorial video needed

Is there a web site or link to a tutorial video that shows stick movement needed to perform maneuvers?
Like if I wanted to flip inverted and back to upright over and over, there would be a stick movement pattern.
I would like to see those patterns. Where can I?
Danford1
danford1 is online now Find More Posts by danford1
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:31 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
Is there a web site or link to a tutorial video that shows stick movement needed to perform maneuvers?
Like if I wanted to flip inverted and back to upright over and over, there would be a stick movement pattern.
I would like to see those patterns. Where can I?
Danford1
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=248369
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:43 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
My nano came with the 35c stock packs. I also purchased another 3. They seem alright, but the hyperion 160 has better punch.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:58 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
My nano came with the 35c stock packs. I also purchased another 3. They seem alright, but the hyperion 160 has better punch.
And the Hyps will still have that punch 200-300 cycles from now if properly cared for, while the Eflites will most likely start to lose power after only 20-30 cycles or so.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:07 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
And the Hyps will still have that punch 200-300 cycles from now if properly cared for, while the Eflites will most likely start to lose power after only 20-30 cycles or so.

Joel
Yeah, my 2 stocks that came with it are noticeably poor, less punch and less flight time. but they are 3 motors old. (somewhere between 50-70 flights on each).

My hypes do seem to have lasted and still have good punch and times (probably similar flight count 50-70). no noticeable lag. Although I did get one that the cap came off, and the plugs don't seem to be as tight as the stock batteries on any of the 3 I have here. I haven't gotten any more purely because of that fact.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:22 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,853 Posts
Today was awesome, started flipping her over side to side as well as front to back. Practiced hovering for longer while inverted and started to learn that backwards is forwards and right is left Up is down! It is pretty cool to be able to actually do this with a heli! Impressed some of the guys who have only flown planes..
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:35 AM
Gaui X3, Diatone 250 Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,627 Posts
I flew a buddy's Nano and I think the main is going. I would be in idle up and I would go up and down like in a pitch pump, but slower. On the way down it would wobble back and fourth and I couldn't control it. I think the motor bogged and it wobbled. It wasn't until the headspeed slowly went back up that it stopped wobbling. Is the main dying?
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper