HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
Will do just out of curiosity how do the bulleted blades aid in stability ?
Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee is offline Find More Posts by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:51 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
It's my understanding that they have similar effects to a flybar, slowing inputs, dampening movements, and resisting movement, only not as drastically as a flybar. (I don't know if this is 100% correct, it is just my understanding)...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
With these on how big an area does it need for instance is a hallway big enough ? To "fly" not hover ?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:15 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee View Post
This is probably way more technical than you were looking for But scroll down to the bottom of the link and there are some pretty pics that explain it Basically all the weight does is move the CoG closer to the leading edge of the blade, making the leading edge maintain a slight lag angle as it cuts through the air. Here is link to article page...
http://www.w3mh.co.uk/articles/html/csm9-11.htm

Here is page 1&2 of the article that explains all the different forces that are in play when flying a CP heli...
http://www.w3mh.co.uk/articles/html/csm1_2.htm

Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:25 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
There you go, a much better explaination than mine lol.

You will need heaps more room than a hallway when learning to fly. I fly in the family room (my toy room), which is the size of a single garage. I can do figure 8's and circuits in there. I do fly up the hallways and all around the house now, but definitely couldn't when I was learning.

It is a great heli to take outside when the wind is calm, jump out the back/front with it and have a smash. (Literally ).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:39 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
If you are just learning to fly CP, AND you are planning on repainting the hallway when you are finished... then it should work out just fine

Problem with the Nano is that it basically ways nothing (no mass), so especially for someone just learning you will find it very touchy and squirrely in the air. I feel more comfortable flying my mcpx V2 in smaller spaces than the Nano. You almost need more space than the area you plan on flying in to keep it out of it's vortex of wind. In a hallway it would be constantly blowing itself around... when my furnace kicks in it's like trying to fly in an F5 tornado
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Last edited by Aphro; Feb 13, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Apr 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burggraaf View Post
Just wanted some advice on a battery charger. I want to be able to charge batteries for my nano and for a 130x in the future, what would people recommend. Will i then also need a different charger for say a 300x down the track?
I use an Accucel-6 charger and a 6 way "Pico" charge lead, both from Hobby King.
Accucel-6
2 Pin 6 x Pico Plug Charging Set
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 AM
Australia, QLD, Qunaba
Joined Dec 2012
69 Posts
Haha thanks guys there's a big indoor basketball court nearby I'll start there
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:34 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I think you'll end up flying it way too often to go down there 5 times a day. I know I couldn't manage it. Lol.

If you're just learning, your hovering techniques can be performed at just 2 foot from the ground, I started in a room that I couldn't fit a VW beetle in. Just point to point hovering and slow turns to learn orientation. Once you get confident and start flying too close to the tv, (please practice throttle hold switch as means of oh shitte shutdowns while learning to hover) venture to a bigger room with less breakables, or just outside when the wind is calm (dusk and dawn always seem clear).

It doesn't need that much room, just more than a hallway. :-)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
" I Fly? "
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
797 Posts
Bullet blades seem hard to find. Anyone know who has them in stock? Havn't used the regular blades since I trashed them not long after getting the Nano. Might have to try a set of them. I'm doing good with the bullets and non't want to give up my pacifier.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:58 AM
Houston, TX
Joined May 2003
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
only 2 of my batteries seem up to the challenge of powering my nano with the mild kit. Should I keep buying the little 150 mahs or just bite the bullet and get airtime skids with a larger battery slot. Also are there larger capacity batteries with the same plug or do I have to solder on a new plug?
I bought some Hyperion 180mAh for my mild BL. Definitely more power than the 150. They were cheap from All E RC. They have the right plug on them.
hybris is offline Find More Posts by hybris
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:10 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,125 Posts
Here's a little video taken with a hatcam during an indooor session at Woodland Sports in Grand Rapids. If you like full blown high speed 3d then this video is not for you. I prefer a smoother more deliberate style being that I'm an old 1970's pattern flyer. Hoping to update my camera soon for better quality videos.

Nano CPX indoor flight (4 min 7 sec)
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:13 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
only 2 of my batteries seem up to the challenge of powering my nano with the mild kit. Should I keep buying the little 150 mahs or just bite the bullet and get airtime skids with a larger battery slot. Also are there larger capacity batteries with the same plug or do I have to solder on a new plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
I bought some Hyperion 180mAh for my mild BL. Definitely more power than the 150. They were cheap from All E RC. They have the right plug on them.

eflite has released a 35C 150 lipo that will give you the extra oomph you've been looking for.
If your brushless is generally boggy, even with a good lipo, you should use a heavier gauge wire soldered directly to the brushless esc. If you dont have a new female end, just use the one that you cut off the 3 in 1 and splice it to the heavier wire. It will make a huge improvement in power.
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
The new lipos. A little bit longer and thicker, but still fit the stock gear fine
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee View Post
put simply, the bullets add extra spinning. weight, which slows things down, mostly your inputs, but they also help slightly to damp external inputs, kinda like it takes longer to stop a train than a car, as an extreme example.

Back "in the day" before 45degree flybars, it was common to have weights (basically, wheel collars) on the flybar, which, due to the added spinning weight, tended to slow down your inputs and make the heli more manageable for someone learning. As you gained skill the weights would actually start to hinder you, at which point you moved them in toward the center or took them off entirely.
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur