HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:18 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Ok replaced the Main Shaft. Checked everything as I went, looking for cracks, flex points. It did take out 98% of the vibration and appears the Shudder is gone. Could not see anything wrong with the shaft just eyeballing it.

Found the AR pin bent off to one side on the swash. Found my swash riding really high in the back and had to redo the Zero Pitch on it. Was way off! Not sure how it got to be that way, but you could see the Elevator Link jacking the rear swash pin too high. Now it does Pumps really good and I can drop if from the ceiling and catch it on a dime.

As soon as I put it back together though, had Major Tailwag like never before. Shudder and vibrations gone but tail was really pulsing continuously. Played with the FS tension and blades and got it back to where it was previously, minor wag. Going to replace the Swash tomorrow night and lube it up again. Wondering about the bearing in that Swash. Feels like it is catching and a little noisy.

Flew 3 test flights, semi satisfied, just want to rid it of the annoying wag now. Putting the Bullets back on to test with after the Swash swap....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:57 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Got my airtime skids today, followed the youtube install instructions and they went in perfectly...

Didn't take long to get here and Rich was a great bloke to deal with. Definitely a must have upgrade. Makes getting to the main gear much easier also.

Wish he had a frame made out of this stuff.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:49 AM
South Africa, KZN, PMB
Joined Apr 2012
107 Posts
Does anyone know anything about rudder to elevator mixing? For smoother sport circles and piros. I have a Dx7 Tx
merdock is offline Find More Posts by merdock
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdock View Post
Does anyone know anything about rudder to elevator mixing? For smoother sport circles and piros. I have a Dx7 Tx
You could certainly set up a mix, but you won't learn how to fly that way. I suggest that you learn to fly the bird, rather than rely on a crutch. Master nose-in hovering, Practice flying slow circuits & figure-eights. Practice slow piros. Practice, practice, practice. That's how you become a proficient heli pilot.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Going through the spare parts bag that came in the box and am wondering what the canopy gromets and two black counter weight looking thingies are for?

Doesn't have them listed in the manual anywhere?????
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Black counter weight things if I'm understand you are actually the tools for the spindle and servo nuts.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:37 PM
South Africa, KZN, PMB
Joined Apr 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
You could certainly set up a mix, but you won't learn how to fly that way. I suggest that you learn to fly the bird, rather than rely on a crutch. Master nose-in hovering, Practice flying slow circuits & figure-eights. Practice slow piros. Practice, practice, practice. That's how you become a proficient heli pilot.

Joel
Thought I could fly this thing. Cos I can fly a sim but I can only hover it tail in. Its to small to see. So I have to fly low and close by. I need to fly in a large grass field. Not my back yard where it likes to crash on the only concrete in the yard. I managed to mix (Rudder to Aileron +15% (on both) & 20% (on both) rudder to elevator), for piros. Managed to piro it almost perfectly without any deflecting.
merdock is offline Find More Posts by merdock
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Hi,

I've seen a few comments about fitting O rings onto the swash links, and/or on the blade grips. Is there an article showing exactly where they should be fitted?
Thanks, Tony S
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:17 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
You want them on your ball links @ swash plate and blade grips. (7 in total if you're keen). I'm pretty sure sizes 001 & 002 respectively. You can also run a pair on each landing skid for a bit of traction, but fuel tube works also.

They are just a little larger than the stock ones, taking out that link rod play and allowing more precise control.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
You want them on your ball links @ swash plate and blade grips. (7 in total if you're keen).
Cheers. To be clear, the O ring goes on the ball before you put the link on?
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,805 Posts
I do kind of wonder why they give us so many canopy grommets, but not extra o rings. I've never lost a canopy grommet on any of the 3 blade Micros I've owned, has anyone else?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:10 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Yes, it fits over the ball link, and the link pressed on (sits against the O-ring)

And I have lost a few canopy grommets before, but not often enough to require them in the box. I think they get used over the links on some birds (I have used them on my 130x while waiting for my silicone O-rings to arrive). It would be nicer if they could include more vulnerable parts as spares, like a main motor or two.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:12 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Got my Swash changed out. Now the pitch was off again.

Kept adjusting until it was right. Flew it, not enough Up Pitch. Landed, checked it again and it was off again. Was adjusting and on the fourth time popping the Link ball off, the new Swash rear ball broke off.

What could be causing the Pitch to change, the Rear Servo going bad?

That was the only Swash I had, both are broke. Going to try to CA the rear ball on the new one...

Seriously thinking about a MH Blue Aluminum.....
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,265 Posts
I lost all up pitch when the main gear wasn't pushed up all the way.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:22 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Wish it was that easy. I just put the main shaft in and gear on, did one test flight, just hovering and a landing, nothing else changed.