HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Movie :
Nano CP X RTF & BNF by Blade (3 min 45 sec)

MasterXelaMM is offline Find More Posts by MasterXelaMM
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:27 AM
MedellŪn, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
333 Posts
mcpx size comparison

and i just got my new blade mcpx, not fair

chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Last edited by chulian1819; Sep 07, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: email
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:29 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,521 Posts
Nice.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I think we have forced Blade's hand. I was worried that this thread may get edited or deleted as in the Chinese forum.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Epic! This is exactly the CP heli I wished for! When I got the mCP-x, I realized it had a bit too much kinetic energy to be flows safely indoors. The Nano should be much safer for both the inventory and the spectators, let's just hope the tail is solid enough.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Looking at the parts list, the mCP-x v2 tail rotor suggests the same motor is used as well, shedding 36% of the weight, I believe the tail performance will be adequate out of the box.

The length has decreased by 'only' 16% to 197mm which is good.
Rotor diameter is down by 19%.
Weight down by 36%, heck this insect might even be LCD screen safe

HH should make some rubber/ foam tipped blades to make it perfectly safe for everybody, that might even include me

I really hope this nCP-x will be at least half as sturdy as the mSR, it would really enable a lot of people to skip the simulator practicing and simply learn 3D by doing.

I'm not exactly always over the moon when HH releases something, but this time I believe they have nailed it and deserve credit for it.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:47 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Looking at the parts list, the mCP-x v2 tail rotor suggests the same motor is used as well, shedding 36% of the weight, I believe the tail performance will be adequate out of the box.

The length has decreased by 'only' 16% to 197mm which is good.
Rotor diameter is down by 19%.
Weight down by 36%, heck this insect might even be LCD screen safe

HH should make some rubber/ foam tipped blades to make it perfectly safe for everybody, that might even include me

I really hope this nCP-x will be at least half as sturdy as the mSR, it would really enable a lot of people to skip the simulator practicing and simply learn 3D by doing.

I'm not exactly always over the moon when HH releases something, but this time I believe they have nailed it and deserve credit for it.
I agree with your analysis. And thanks!

A couple months ago I used the Nano to learn inverted hovering. The lower mass provides all the benefits you have described. Hit throttle hold and it's very much like the mSR from a durability standpoint. During this process I never popped a link much less lost one, and the main gear only slipped on the shaft once as a result of one hellacious impact. Canopy pins are still intact.

So from a personal experience standpoint, the Nano has helped me move to the next level in heli flying, and I'm now enjoying helis in a way I wasn't sure I'd ever achieve. You can call this hype if you want to, but I'm just sharing my own personal experience here. Your mileage may very.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:00 AM
Chardon Ohio
Joined Dec 2008
156 Posts
Okay who is already figuring out what brushless motor will be best for this heli
composit is offline Find More Posts by composit
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
Constant edits for autocorrect
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
This is what I have been looking for as a next step from an MSRX. MCPX performance in something small enough to fly inside. This will be a perfect heli for those of us who want to learn CP but are snowed in 5 months of the year. Small enough to fly in the garage, basement or living room and a lot cheaper than the MCPX.
rallykid is offline Find More Posts by rallykid
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:19 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by composit View Post
Okay who is already figuring out what brushless motor will be best for this heli
Who said it doesn't already have a brushless motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallykid View Post
This is what I have been looking for as a next step from an MSRX. MCPX performance in something small enough to fly inside. This will be a perfect heli for those of us who want to learn CP but are snowed in 5 months of the year. Small enough to fly in the garage, basement or living room and a lot cheaper than the MCPX.
What makes you think it will be cheaper? Size doesn't dictate anything.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
It is listed as $30 cheaper - $150 vs $180.
selzoc is offline Find More Posts by selzoc
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:32 AM
Constant edits for autocorrect
United States, MI
Joined Jul 2012
122 Posts
List is cheaper and smaller parts are generally cheaper than larger parts. It is roughly MSRX size and at least at my LHS MSRX parts cost less than MCPX parts. Also smaller blades mean less drywall damage if you fly like I do.
rallykid is offline Find More Posts by rallykid
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Where are you guys seeing it listed?? I've been on HH's website for the whole morning and can't find it anywhere!!

*EDIT* here's the URL from their site... http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-x-rtf-BLH3300
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Last edited by PKM_Heliman; Sep 06, 2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Never mind...found it...
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Where are you guys seeing it listed?? I've been on HH's website for the whole morning and can't find it anywhere!!
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH3300
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
ha haaa... you posted just as I was editing my post...

Let's just hope they offer this in a BNF package...
I'd actually like them to offer it in an AO package or BNF BASIC...as I have plenty of batteries and charges already!!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman