HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:10 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Check the feathering shaft for straightness. Also could be the tension on the feathering shaft. Too much possibly. Blades need to be loose and free swinging.

How did you fit KBDD mCPX Skids on the Nano?
Feathering shaft is straight, doesn't wobble when I put a wrench on one side and spin it. I've tried various tightness, should it have any play back and forth (a gap between the bearing and washer)?

Blades are loose also. I've tried a new mainshaft, and cleaning the servos aswell as replace the feathering spindle and hardware. Also balanced the blades and tried the spare tail rotor.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:23 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,633 Posts
They say 1mm of play.
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:23 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4R View Post
Feathering shaft is straight, doesn't wobble when I put a wrench on one side and spin it. I've tried various tightness, should it have any play back and forth (a gap between the bearing and washer)?

Blades are loose also. I've tried a new mainshaft, and cleaning the servos aswell as replace the feathering spindle and hardware. Also balanced the blades and tried the spare tail rotor.
Check your shaft collar for movement and make sure there is at least 2-3mm of shaft sticking out the bottom of the main gear. Make sure bearing hasn't slipped slightly out of swash plate (both happen to me a lot)
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:30 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Feathering shaft end play seems to be a personallity piece with each nano. Some run them loose, others tight. I have found that I need to run mine with oiled rubbers in the rotor head and tight enough to remove all play, both end and vertical play just to get her to fly great.

Play around with the tightness, and once you find that sweet spot glue it down so it won't change (something removable later).
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Main gear is pushed all the way up and glued, no up and down play. Forgot to mention that.

I started to pull apart my blade grips to put some green slime on the o-rings to start playing with tightness, found a hairline crack around the inner bearing of the blade grip. So I lubed the o-rings, put it all back together with new grips. Spindle tight, but not binding and loose blades. It was still wobbling, so I loosened the feathering spindle till it had a little bit of play and it got a lot better, but it's still there. Still shudders when I descend. Now I'm going to try the bullet blades and see if it goes away since it isn't as bad as it was before.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:55 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I recently had another shudder at 0 pitch and slow descent, found that my main blades had a split in them. I put my spare (bullet) blades on and it (for the most part) went away. I still had a slight wobble but nowhere near as bad, I probably need to readjust my FS tension or grease the O-rings again...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:44 AM
Up, up & away...
USA, CA, Orinda
Joined Nov 2005
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4R View Post
Also, seems like after about the 10th flight or so it started getting a tail wobble and some vibration, and every once in a while it would shudder when I descended to hard. I've searched and searched here and helifreak, tried everything I could find, still has a vibration that causes tail wobble, even with the bullet blades. Guess it's just the way this little bird flies?
Check this: Is the main circuit board still tightly attached to the frame?

Yesterday I was getting some tail jitter and it turned out that one one of my harder landings I popped off the bottom screw that holds the main circuit board in place. The top one was a little loose and the whole circuit board could move around a bit. Once I had it screwed back in place, the tail was back to normal and I had no more issues.
eflyingman is offline Find More Posts by eflyingman
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:26 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Cranked out the Nano and the 130x at the park today. Little bit disappointed with the 130x, but the nano performed normally, no dramas with the breeze doing flips, rolls, and circuits.

Damn 130x has a vibration that changes throughout flight, comes and goes during pitch changes. Not as powerful as I expected either.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:01 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
557 Posts
So i wanted to take the feathering shaft out and check it because i'm getting some TBE and related drift. Problem is, I can't get the shaft tool onto the head of the feathering shaft. I looked up the part online, and i can see in the pictures it has a flat spot on both sides

- that's lovely, but my feathering shaft is completely round on the head.

i've checked mine, tried again, checked again, but the tool won't hang onto the shaft at the head end, only the bolt end - which then turns because the head end can't be gripped by the tool. :-(
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Last edited by m_ark; Feb 04, 2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: added images
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:16 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I wonder how they install these spindles with no notches. Surely there has to be something going on in that factory...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:54 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
I wonder how they install these spindles with no notches. Surely there has to be something going on in that factory...
this suggests i'm not the first to discover this:
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=43
more evidence:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=339474

Resolution from HH: Get a replacement.

next question - how does one remove it with nothing to grip?
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Last edited by m_ark; Feb 04, 2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: found another link.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:02 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Get them to replace rotor head and grips also.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:47 AM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
i've checked mine, tried again, checked again, but the tool won't hang onto the shaft at the head end, only the bolt end - which then turns because the head end can't be gripped by the tool. :-(
Can you get a micro screwdriver (flat) wedged between the nut and the grip? If you can keep the nut jammed from turning you might be able to unscrew the shaft from the good bolt side.

If you get it a part, try to get a good close up picture of the nut and the bolt. I'd like to see what this nut looks like in more detail.
ruzam is online now Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:04 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
quick question, is the servo linkage clockwise lowers the ball and counter clockwise raises the ball, if looking from the top, I cant figure out why this thing is darting to the left, i replaced the grips, but they cant go on the wrong way (from what i read), and I made a few tweaks to get 0 pitch at center stick.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:05 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,316 Posts
Screw in (clockwise) to lower the ball.

But as long as you're close to 0 pitch, the AS3X on the board will take care of any differences. In fact the AS3X will hide alot of differences. I would look elsewhere for your darting left problem.
ruzam is online now Find More Posts by ruzam