SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:56 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Pretty good Been practicing nose in for awhile and I have the muscle memory pretty much down. Side in is pretty easy. I am now able to do slow backwards circles (at least in one direction) with the MSRx, which I've been flying on high (though still on short ball ends) rates as sort of a nano trainer inside. Upside down control inputs though.. hmm, might take some experimentation to figure out..
Great! I learned nose-in/side-in on my V1 mSR. I can't even count how many times I smacked the walls & floor with it in the process! I'm not very good at backward circuits, though, and I'm still not comfortable hovering inverted in any orientation for more than a couple seconds or so. I can fly slow backward circuits and even hover inverted for awhile with the larger birds in RF, but I haven't been able to translate that to the real thing yet. I'm hoping to get there with the nCPX in the house during the off-season. I don't dare do anything but hover the 130X in the living room. I'd probably take out the TV or one of my speakers if I screwed up. The nCPX just bounces off stuff.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
I'm doing loops and e'erthing but I'm still not confidentbwith the nose in
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:06 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23DM View Post
What lipo are you using in your DX7 ? Just bought a DX7s and the stock NiMh pack loses .2-.3v from a full charge just sitting for a few hours.
Called Spektrum and they wanted me to send it in ! Have had the Tx for less than a week...my DX6i could sit on the shelf for 2 weeks and lose only .2v !
Thx in advance !
There is nothing wrong with your radio. Thats normal nimh behavior. You will lose some quickly from a full charge, then it will slowly go down over the next few months, even if you arent using it.
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:17 PM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I have a BAD problem with my Nano CPX. If I throttle up, the left aileron servo goes down and the elevator servo a little up. While throttling no reaction of the aileron or elevator stick on the radio. If the main rotor stands still the aileron and elevator works fine.
Does anyone heard about such a issue, and how to fix it?

Please help!

Ezzy
ezzy100 is offline Find More Posts by ezzy100
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:25 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzy100 View Post
I have a BAD problem with my Nano CPX. If I throttle up, the left aileron servo goes down and the elevator servo a little up. While throttling no reaction of the aileron or elevator stick on the radio. If the main rotor stands still the aileron and elevator works fine.
Does anyone heard about such a issue, and how to fix it?

Please help!

Ezzy
Did you try Rebinding?

My ancestors are from Hamburg! They came over here in 1892. We still have the farm in the family.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:36 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Hey perscheck, noticed in your picture you have the "bullet blades" on, and was wondering if you notice a difference in stability compared to the "straights"? I put mine on to see if there's a difference, and it was noticeably more stable with the bullets. Besides the obvious, are there any other advantages? I also noticed they're shorter by 1/4" or thereabouts...

Hey today was the first time I've actually used the bullet blades. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it flew non-3d. I was just tinkering around the yard and it wasn't as twitchy. I like them
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:38 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Me too, all I fly on these Micros.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Hey today was the first time I've actually used the bullet blades. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it flew non-3d. I was just tinkering around the yard and it wasn't as twitchy. I like them
I love bullets, and they flip pretty decently too
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
I loved my bullet blades but cracked one and HH is out of stock as usual. There are regular blades and aftermarket blades but every time I check they are out of the bullets.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:46 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I'm looking at getting a bunch of Hyperion 240's for my 1S birds, what is the runtime difference with them over the stock and hyp160 packs???

Just found they weigh 6.5g, so quite heavy adding 2.4g to the nano, how does it feel with the heavier battery???
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Last edited by Billz_01; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:56 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Great! I learned nose-in/side-in on my V1 mSR. I can't even count how many times I smacked the walls & floor with it in the process! I'm not very good at backward circuits, though, and I'm still not comfortable hovering inverted in any orientation for more than a couple seconds or so. I can fly slow backward circuits and even hover inverted for awhile with the larger birds in RF, but I haven't been able to translate that to the real thing yet. I'm hoping to get there with the nCPX in the house during the off-season. I don't dare do anything but hover the 130X in the living room. I'd probably take out the TV or one of my speakers if I screwed up. The nCPX just bounces off stuff.

Joel
Just out of curiosity, do you fly all thumbs or do you add in a little index finger?

Reason I ask is that I just recently switched from all thumbs to thumb and index. I don't do a true pinch as my thumb is still on the top rear of the stick and has total control... the index finger is there to give me more precision. I can still move my index out of the way for fast stick movement, but the index comes into play for fine precision movements (such as hovering). The problem I found with just thumbs is that I do not have any spacial awareness, I always found myself going back to neutral to gauge how much input I was giving in any given direction. The only thing giving me feedback was the stick tension (which I have maxed out on my DX8). Just having my index touching the stick my brain now has 2 points of reference and I know exactly where I am regards to neutral stick. No more fishing back to neutral or giving too much input which has significantly improved and smoothed out my flying. Having my index finger involved also makes me feel more like I have my "hands" on the sticks which in turn puts me more "virtually" in the cockpit.

I have only been getting used to this new technique for a few days, but it has greatly improved my stick skills and now I feel more connected to my aircraft. I had tried this once before at the beginning of winter when I realized that pinching gave me that 2D point in space. I gave it up because I was truly trying to pinch, sharing the stick with both my thumb and index, and although my precision greatly improved I could no longer make fast stick movement using both fingers. By leaving my thumb in control and using my index as my little helper for my 2D reference point and to give me the precision I just can't get with thumbs only...

Anyways... I just thought I would share my experience in hopes it might benefit others...
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:23 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I just replaced my damaged dx6i antenna. It still functioned but was busted at the joint, I had to use heat shrink to keep it in place.

Now that I'm able to point the antenna straight upwards at a 90 degree angle again I've only had 1 out of 15 flights today where it didn't bind on the first try. It has usually taken 2-4 tries until today.

Very happy, anyone else out there should try the 90 degree angle as well. Plus I noticed some damage on the antenna wire when I removed it from it being twisted and moved soo much, must have rubbed the insulation off.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:20 PM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
There is nothing wrong with your radio. Thats normal nimh behavior. You will lose some quickly from a full charge, then it will slowly go down over the next few months, even if you arent using it.
That's what my LHS shared with me also. Have the DX6i w/ the individual NiMH stock batts as opposed to the the "wrapped pack" stock in the DX7s. Just thought it to be an odd behavior as both sources of power are NiMH.
Will stay the course with the stock pack and monitor for awhile, but a 4k MAH Lipo pack may be down the road.
Thx for the input Dacaur !
23DM is offline Find More Posts by 23DM
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:32 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I have been using my DX8 for over a year with the stock 4.8V 2000mah nimh battery and it has worked very well. Yes, the voltage will drop quickly after a charge, but even with heavy use I have only gotten it down to like 4.6V before I decided to charge it. I believe the low voltage warning is at 4.3V.
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:50 PM
Flying Electric!
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Jul 2006
1,485 Posts
Is there a good setup to really tame this down? (Numbers?) for my DX7S?
ASAMech is offline Find More Posts by ASAMech