HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:02 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
Does this heli have trouble piroing? I can't even do a 360 without it going crazy out of control.
Is that new to the heli, or is the heli new to you? Just trying to understand the context of the question. If the heli is new to you (and you didn't fly the MSRx), yes, you can't Piro with these (or at least I can't!) without managing your aileron and elevator to compensate. My Nano is down, but if I recall, it is similar to my mSRx - a clockwise piro requires slight (hairs breath) backstick and slight (1/2 hairs breath) right aileron - don't apply all three inputs at once though - it goes (again, this is mSRx, and I THINK for my Nano now, but i can't validate *arrgghh*): Rudder, back stick, slight aileron. SOmeone with a working Nano can validate or concur, but the main point is, this thing requires active control to piro.

If this is a new behavior, though, or has become more noticeable, make sure your swash is level (actually, check that regardless).
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:04 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I'm getting some mild tbe while hovering. I'm fairly confident its not the feathering shaft being bent or over tightened but my main gear is a bit warped from pushing it on unevenly, could this cause mild movements? Its enough to be annoying while hovering indoors but fff outside obviously doesn't bother me.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:40 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Thanks whichway. My nano is brand new and very stable and I can do flips with it. However if I do a piro (even just a 360) with no cyclic compensation it just goes off in a certain direction. I have an Mcpx and it doesn't have that problem.
kidlat is offline Find More Posts by kidlat
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Thanks whichway. My nano is brand new and very stable and I can do flips with it. However if I do a piro (even just a 360) with no cyclic compensation it just goes off in a certain direction. I have an Mcpx and it doesn't have that problem.
Yep - same with mine. I haven't had the MCPx, but came frome the MSRx, so I kind of expected it. If it can be trimmed out, though, I'll be interested in hearing it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post

Hold is a flip of a switch just as switching back to normal mode is a flip of the switch. So the reason for hold has nothing to do not being able to shut down down rotation because of the mode you are in.

I know you weren't responding to me but this is a really confusing sentence.

Pilots need to learn to maintain pitch control with the throttle stick regardless of what mode you are in independent of when they need to throttle hold. From CP flight 1 a pilot is supposed to learn a disconnect between throttle stick position and cutting drive.

Again... what?

You didn't say to throttle cut but your reason why you don't was only because the mode you are in which is inaccurate along with idle up.
Another way of putting it is a new person watching your video could think, well I'm not going to try stut mode so I'll keep my fingers off any switches and cut the throttle if I need to, if that's the only reason for using hold. Where as, as I was taught, always be conscious of the pitch in your throttle stick, but the moment before impact, thats when you hit the throttle hold. That focused my attention to keep flying pitch control and not associate cutting power at all with my throttle stick no matter what mode I'm flying in. I didn't understand why at first but did later when I started causing more damage by not disconnecting the two.
I don't understand this last paragraph either. This post is really hard to understand man. You should like, re read stuff before you post.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:03 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Yep - same with mine. I haven't had the MCPx, but came frome the MSRx, so I kind of expected it. If it can be trimmed out, though, I'll be interested in hearing it.
To me it seems easier to piro with the nano than the MSRx, but I still don't try more than two full spins in a row because I lose track of where the nose is pointing at that point. Interesting if the the Mcpx really can spin and spin with no other inputs.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
Quote:
I think it has something to do with a combination of the extra 'tilt' of the lighter nano vs the mcpx, and the inherent stability of the mcpx.

If I get the nano in a perfectly flat (hands off) hover, then hit the rudder I can get a few rotations before it wanders off. Put if I'm sticking it around and it's not quite settled when I punch the rudder it's all over the place before it's even half way around.

I find the nano way easier to fly than the mcpx, but having said that, the nano seems to be constantly in motion and being corrected, so it's rarely just 'settled'. It's just that the corrections are easier to control. Where as my mcpx is stays pretty smooth, because I find making corrections much more difficult. So my mcpx piros are normally starting from a level position but my nano piros are often starting mid motion.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:33 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
To me it seems easier to piro with the nano than the MSRx, but I still don't try more than two full spins in a row because I lose track of where the nose is pointing at that point. Interesting if the the Mcpx really can spin and spin with no other inputs.
SR helis are not supposed to spin & spin without other input. All SR birds hover at a slight angle to compensate for tail rotor drift. The angle is dependent upon tail-rotor thrust. To maintain lateral position during a piro, some cyclic input will be required.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:49 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
I don't understand this last paragraph either. This post is really hard to understand man. You should like, re read stuff before you post.
Its hard to reply to you without knowing what you don't understand. You may need the context of theimacman's video and his explanation as to why you need to use the hold throttle. He didn't encourage the use of cutting power with the throttle stick but the explanation leaves it open for use if you happen not to be in stunt mode. This isn't the case.

Hold isn't associated with the mode you are in as he implied. Hold is simply to cut drive power to your assembly no matter what mode you are in and should be the muscle memory reflex move if impact seems imminent, autos or ground handling conditions.

The bad habit or thinking to be avoided is to use your throttle stick for cutting power at all. The pilot has to start thinking in terms that the throttle stick is primarily a rotor pitch control stick (CP), for which ever modes, that has a applicable throttle curve that follows.

Once a pilot gets the idea of rotor pitch firmly in mind and not throttle, its easier for them to react to keep attempting to fly regardless of orientation, inverted, varying wind, 3D etc. and never confuse the throttle stick flight control with cutting power in a split second reaction to avoid damage.

Because new pilots read comments with their own understanding, they can follow through on such to their own detriment because they don't know otherwise. So as I said, small thing but it could be misleading. Just as I said about the 35C150 battery earlier. Others don't know the difference but may take such as literal.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
PLEASE RESPOND PLEASE REPLY PLEASE RESPOND

has anybody seen the new pnp brushless kit on ebay?????

URGENT URGENT

LOL just satin this is the third time ive asked this.

Don't respond with a cat joke!
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
*sayin not satin
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipilot23 View Post
PLEASE RESPOND PLEASE REPLY PLEASE RESPOND

has anybody seen the new pnp brushless kit on ebay?????

URGENT URGENT

LOL just satin this is the third time ive asked this.

Don't respond with a cat joke!
* Insert not-cat joke here*

Are you saying there IS a PNP brushless kit and asking if we've seen it (in which case, can you include the link, and the answer is no - at least for me), or are you asking if there IS a PNP brushless kit?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
There is one. Go to ebay an search "nano cpx motor" its the last result.

Here's a link. From mybtwblet so it mightnot work

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=33838757550
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,709 Posts
having to modify the main fraim doesnt really seem like plug-n-play to me....
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
It wouldn't be that bad. I wouldn't ruin a billion main boards.

What do u think of it?