Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Daniel Tosh and other black comedians?
Jasmine2501 is a master of the double entendre, or something like that... when you say one thing but mean your mother.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,166 Posts
On the topic of brushed vs. brushless cats - all of the cats I've had worked much better when I re-brushed them fairly often. Re-brushing can be a little hairy, but it really makes 'em purr.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:35 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
5,934 Posts
I just got off the phone with all the LHS within 2 hrs drive of me and they all basically are saying as dealers HH is showing they won't be seeing nCPX replacement motors till April!
That's plenty good reason to go brushless.... they're at least available.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EDF Design
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:49 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
1,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
I just got off the phone with all the LHS within 2 hrs drive of me and they all basically are saying as dealers HH is showing they won't be seeing nCPX replacement motors till April!
Chinese New Year.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:13 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
On the topic of brushed vs. brushless cats - all of the cats I've had worked much better when I re-brushed them fairly often. Re-brushing can be a little hairy, but it really makes 'em purr.

Joel
How do you store yours when they aren't in use? I try to use the nCPX to discharge the cat as much as possible before storage. I've found a completely dead cat will handle storage much better than a fully charged one.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:39 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Chinese New Year.
Great. I know that as soon as i get my board fixed my motor will go and I'll be up a creek till the chinese new year!!!! That mcpx bl is looking tempting.
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:13 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
5,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Chinese New Year.
That's part of it but HH knows Chinese NY comes this time every year and they initially were saying end of Jan. The jump to an additional 3 months for even a few weeks of holiday.....and they've been running down stock since early Dec.

By the time they have these back on shelves, since they still need to keep making the actual nCPX, I won't need to fly in doors anymore.

Its back to the bigger stuff.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EDF Design
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:37 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,627 Posts
Just got in my weekly indoor flights. Only did 4 due to lack of time this time.

2nd Flight I was going to do a quick Piro to the left and did the same brain glitch I did the other week, Full Left Aileron under ST1 power! Smacked it right into an antique cabinet! Just like before, BUT this time was different!

When I set it down (no damage) then took off smoothly, it sounded a little different, little more machinery sound, but man was it flying Smooth! I did some power switching up through ST1 and ST2. The nose would always cock right real quick, like from torque. Now it stayed locked in straight.

Tried some Heavy Throttle pumps, let it drop 4 ft fast and No torquing the nose to the right anymore! Stayed Locked in pointing forward the way it started out.

Very strange, but at least I knocked some sense back in it apparently! Now it is like when it was new, even with the little tail wag from the slightly twisting hollow boom.

On a side note, the other night was redoing some velcro on my new EDF and discovered a 142mm piece of 2mm solid CF rod from one of my EPP 3D planes. I was sure I had some leftover, but found all the wrong sizes. This was hidden on the bench under the Metric steel ruler. Was a good find! Just need to find some time Saturday to do the Mod on the tail.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:51 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,619 Posts
LoL, "black comedians" = comedians who employ mostly "black comedy". For some reason that totally went over my head and I was thinking you were saying Tosh acts like an African American comedian or something.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
I can't even find them on Ebay.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
How do you store yours when they aren't in use? I try to use the nCPX to discharge the cat as much as possible before storage. I've found a completely dead cat will handle storage much better than a fully charged one.
I typically store them in a catatonic state.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
379 Posts
SSeen th pnp bl kit on ebay?
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I typically store them in a catatonic state.

Joel
I just got that CATatonic, you crack me up. How did all this cat humor get started anyway, guess I could go back a couple pages and find the origin. On a more serious note, my nano goes in the mail tomorrow for fet fix and asteroid mild kit, I am going to die from anticipation, or just wait and fly other helis
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:49 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Orvillecopter

The Orvillecopter, half cat, half machine. Named after the famous aviator Orville Wright. He was killed by a car. After that he received his propellers posthumously. This is Orvillecopter's first test flight, Soon to be flying with the birds. Oh how he loved birds. He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight. For the catlovers: it is a tanned hide, just like the shoes you're wearing. For the RC lovers: it's a Lotus T580 (still)

test flight 1 X-mode Sept 02 2012 (1 min 28 sec)
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Last edited by Aphro; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:58 PM.