HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:30 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Signal too strong... plug battery in and point the tip of the Tx antenna directly at the heli. Or, turn away from heli and keep your body between the Tx and heli until you get solid LED. My Nano is the same way...
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:03 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burggraaf View Post
yep is in heli mode
not trim problem
tryed holding right rudder for quite a time (20 SEC) and light still flashing.. but i will try for holding longer.
anything else i need to check?
dx4e binds fine and flys fine
dx6i just gets swash movement and led still flashing after bind?
If the light is still flashing, its not bound (at least, obviously not fully bound)..... make sure throttle hold isnt on.... and make sure throttle/pitch curves are not set wonky.
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:23 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I actually bind mine with the TH on, as it overwrites the stick input and allows it to stay @ 0 (just a note, not a contradiction)

I also have bound mine without the rudder input on several occasions, as I assume this is just a failsafe option. Try binding without rudder input.

Perhaps it isn't a bind problem, but a programming one. If you are getting swash movement there must be some sort of a bind. Maybe try making a brand new model memory, from a reset model location, and set it up as per the book. Does the controller work fine with any other heli???
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:30 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Be sure you're DX6i is in heli mode, I've made that mistake before. (slightly different reaction but still didn't work properly). Also try it and don't let go of the right rudder until the heli light goes solid.

Just missed the 4100, Joel beat me to it. Damn

I will have to give that baking soda a go, it would make like a resin bog much like that with fiberglassing.

An overly tight and loose feathering shaft can create a tail wag. That part where it turns off-on is what I have noticed as a sign of a weak or dying motor. I know you say you've replaced them both, but that is just my experience. a broken tail boom (splintered and twisting) will also create a wag, and an old deformed tail rotor also. I use my KBDD mcpx tail rotors, as they are thicker and seem to stay straighter, longer.
I was thnking the same thing, so I opened her up and swapped the motor and tightened the feathing shaft. It flies smoother now, but does that same blinking on spool up and tail wags on high and med rpm's set it to low settings and she stops wagging.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:53 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Perhaps it is a battery issue, or a poor solder. Current overload will cause a tail wag, and poor batteries just the same. This is a very sensitive heli, my drunk mozzie must be a woman as if it's not set just right, I get shudders and tail wag all the time.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:22 AM
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Dec 2003
1,001 Posts
Think I killed my nano board. Was searching for the reason it was cutting out during start up and discovered the motor plug on the board was loose. Just reflowed the solder and it was like new.

Except now the blue light just blinks like it is in binding mode. Tried rebinding- no luck. So something must be bad on the board.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
kenelder is online now Find More Posts by kenelder
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
29 Posts
dx6i bound

thanks Aphro, that did the trick
now to work out the best settings for the mild BL conversion kit
im seeing suggestions of
pith adj set to L85 H85
DR expo dropped a bit and
throttle curves of 35 60 90 100 in normal
sound about right for a starting point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Signal too strong... plug battery in and point the tip of the Tx antenna directly at the heli. Or, turn away from heli and keep your body between the Tx and heli until you get solid LED. My Nano is the same way...
burggraaf is offline Find More Posts by burggraaf
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
Want bullet blades? Make your own, with golf tees.

Much less twitchy.

Cheers!
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau
Last edited by marctrudeau; Jan 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to mention...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:25 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctrudeau View Post
Much less twitchy.

Cheers!
The ingenuity of people like you never ceases to amaze.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 AM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
I think many people are having that issue. Mine does the same takes 2-4 tries to get it bound.
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:34 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Does anybody know why trottle hold is 10% for the dx6i in the manual?
And 0 for the other computer radios.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
If anyone is interested I have an Astroid brushless nano up for sale
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819603
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
OK, I am stumped. I replaced my frame and motor and when I put everything back together my tail is acting very strangely. When I plug in the battery the tail starts, bound or not it starts spinning. when I increase throttle it stops spinning. It's like it is reversed on when it should be on and off. I tried to eliminate all variables so I took the board off the heli and unhooked the servos and main motor. Even with just the board, a battery and the tail plugged in, the tail motor comes on full blast as soon as the battery is plugged in. I also took the tail off of another heli and no change. Any ideas??? Everything else seems to be working properly but I can't get off the ground so can't be sure.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:23 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
OK, I am stumped. I replaced my frame and motor and when I put everything back together my tail is acting very strangely. When I plug in the battery the tail starts, bound or not it starts spinning. when I increase throttle it stops spinning. It's like it is reversed on when it should be on and off. I tried to eliminate all variables so I took the board off the heli and unhooked the servos and main motor. Even with just the board, a battery and the tail plugged in, the tail motor comes on full blast as soon as the battery is plugged in. I also took the tail off of another heli and no change. Any ideas??? Everything else seems to be working properly but I can't get off the ground so can't be sure.
Did you flip the Tailmotor plug over at the Board Socket? I did that when I replaced my tailboom and motor. It would sit there and spin donuts when throttle was applied. It does matter.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
The tail motor spins with no throttle, it even spins when not bound to tx. It starts spinning the instant the battery touches the battery cable and only stops when I apply throttle. I did plug it in both ways just in case but no change. I don't want a new board, this is already my second one, HH sent me a replacement when my first one freaked out 5 flights in.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head