Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:14 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
My brushless nano.

already! wow! bet it has tons o power! also whats it hooked to? i dont see a steve converter?
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Dylan already converted his to brushless....he did it simply buy putting spacers behind the servos, little trimming and an abs adapter ring to maker the motor sit nice

Specs ofhis conversion:
Stock 29.10 grams
Brushless 28.66 grams
xp-3A
hp03S W/stock pinion
Thrust:
Stock 48 grams
Brushless 60 grams
On a 3.84 volt battery:
Stock 44 grams
Brushless 53 grams

NICE JOB DYLAN!
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 22, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:38 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
cale10 , that is a doctored up photo I did as I thought a brushless nano couldn't be done due to the very small size of it.
I see Dylan already converted his to brushless. That is great to know it can be done!
Awesome job Dylan!

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Blade SR is not CP. Would you expect your 11 y.o. to start with flips and 3d on the nano cpx or perhaps start with hovering, like I stated I would start at?
Mine is..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Yeah, my mistake, never really heard of that thing. Had to look it up, what the hell flybarred CP monster. No, that one is not for me. Seems like most people are in agreement with me after flying micro FP for nearly a year (modified 9958s, etc.) this one is a good starter CP, due to lower head speed, small size, etc. There is no more MSR, which is basically the same as a modified 9958 anyway, MSRx has quirks, MCPX has its issues and although probably fairly good is higher head speed, slightly larger.

Yes I already know the characteristics of CP, does not auto-level, throttle becomes collective so it will power into ground, must stay on sticks at all times, must use throttle hold before crash.

My point was that I would be happy to take it slow, learn to hover first, then I'm told by one person it is not for me get this Blade SR instead, where others clearly say it is very stable (and I know they mean stable for a CP), and several others say no micros are where to start, flybar is thing of the past. I'll go by what they said.

My mistake for asking in the first place, seen these CP threads always follow this same flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Mine is..
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Last edited by jpconard; Sep 22, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this, please explain "normal mode". The manual says..." Stunt Mode allows the helicopter to fl y inverted and perform aerobatics. The throttle runs continuously when Stunt Mode is ON, regardless of throttle stick position. Turn Stunt Mode OFF to return control to the throttle stick"

So I assume in stunt mode the motor runs continuously and the throttle stick is the collective both up and down. In normal mode the throttle stick controls the throttle same as a FP. Is the collective held fixed, or it mixed when you throttle up, but doesn't allow negative collective? Please explain. Sounds to me when in normal mode this is not much different than msrx (except for the strange turn behavior of msrx that some say is a defect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1 View Post
...the mSRX would teach hovering a non-self stabilizing heli and then the nano CPX would feel nearly identical in normal mode.

But I can't see any reason to buy a flybared helicopter in 2012 when flybarless exist.

And for goodness sakes people chill out.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Take a pencil eraser to the scratch and just erase it. It's like freakin' magic!
WOW!!! You must really have the magic pencil ... I would like nothing more than to do that.
But how about you take a look at the pics and then try again ... (in particular the condescending part 2 of your answer ... ...)

Do you really think I would have even mentioned this here for some lousy scratch? (of those I got probably hundreds in there, who gives a ... but if you are missing half of the screen, things get a liiiiittle more difficult!)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Sep 22, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for mentioning this, please explain "normal mode". The manual says..." Stunt Mode allows the helicopter to fl y inverted and perform aerobatics. The throttle runs continuously when Stunt Mode is ON, regardless of throttle stick position. Turn Stunt Mode OFF to return control to the throttle stick"

So I assume in stunt mode the motor runs continuously and the throttle stick is the collective both up and down. In normal mode the throttle stick controls the throttle same as a FP. Is the collective held fixed, or it mixed when you throttle up, but doesn't allow negative collective? Please explain. Sounds to me when in normal mode this is not much different than msrx (except for the strange turn behavior of msrx that some say is a defect).
In normal mode your throttle curve AND pitch curve will determine your helicopters behavior, as with stunt mode. Just that in stunt mode/"idle up", the pitch curve is linear, negative to positive, with a flat or V shaped throttle curve.

In normal mode for example you may start off with a touch of negative but as you progress on throttle your pitch will increase (on a non linear pitch curve), along with your throttle to give you lift.

Normal mode is just that, no 3D flying there. Once you get used to all the benefits of stunt mode (higher head speed, better wind handling, more responsive), you will abandon normal mode.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Last edited by grovey; Sep 22, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Thanks, your reply seems to be talking about a TX that allows programming. How is Normal mode mixed on say the RTF package with DX4e, which does not allow programming your own mixes, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
In normal mode your throttle curve AND pitch curve will determine your helicopters behavior, as with stunt mode. Just that in stunt mode/"idle up", the pitch curve is linear, negative to positive, with a flat or V shaped throttle curve.

In normal mode for example you may start off with a touch of negative but as you progress on throttle your pitch will increase (on a non linear pitch curve), along with your throttle to give you lift.

Normal mode is just that, no 3D flying there. Once you get used to all the benefits of stunt mode (higher head speed, better wind handling, more responsive), you will abandon normal mode.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:55 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, your reply seems to be talking about a TX that allows programming. How is Normal mode mixed on say the RTF package with DX4e, which does not allow programming your own mixes, correct?
It will be how I explained, just that as you said though, you cannot control the pitch or throttle curves, and more.

One suggestion, I know it will be more money, but seriously consider getting a better transmitter, like the dx6i or higher. The resolution will be higher and you will have a lot more control over your aircraft, not just due to higher resolution, but the ability to adjust dual rates and expo, as well as pitch and throttle curves.

Your flying will improve with a better tx IMO.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:39 AM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Dooooohhhhhh Yes it is I guess I will reload it some time today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
What's with that vid though, those "jitters"? Is that Youtube's infamous "shake-fix" messing up things?
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Oct 2008
308 Posts
Nano cpx Tandem would be great!!!

This looks like a great little bird. I would LOVE to see a nano cpx tandem now! It would be great. I like my tandem rescue but would like one that is more capable and flies a little more realistically.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:59 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,473 Posts
I wonder if the BL conversion flies better though
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Wonder what the diameter of the stock motor is? I have not taken the time to remove mine and measure.
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,191 Posts
Given the size and the additional servo. There's not much space to insert a brushless motor and mount. At least not the outrunner type we're accustomed to seeing on this size helis.

I bet it the same diameter motor as the mSR X.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon