SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:51 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Heli's are my crack Bob.

I told myself I was going to ponder this purchase while I waited for the reviews to roll in. I actually hung around the LHS agonizing over buying it but, in the end I couldn't resist.

I just flew my first battery. Flew some circuits and hovering on the patio just to get the feel.This thing is very smooth flying.
I know, I see I am going to have to run to the hobby shop to get my fix soon.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
No no hotheads here, just too many painfully obvious statements "different than a fixed pitch MSR" - da, backtracking on previous statements, do you need a quote? And others telling others what heli that they should buy without knowing anything about their experience, but of course it can't be this CP heli.

CP club, can I join? Same old sh*+, different heli, different day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Wow!! Hotheads here!!! Stable but VERY responsive was my comment. Different than a fixed pitch MSR
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:36 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
SHOW us a vid! I wont have mine till mid next week So the swash seems quite a bit softer than the mcpx's so it can get out of alignment easier?
If you have a chance can you take some pictures of the motor area?

On the chargers for a long time like the 4 port charger..I think they just want users to have to buy new batteries faster
Agreed. I think they just want to sell as many batteries as they can before a new better set of Nanotechs come out. LOL. The motor area is really cramped. We will be hard pressed to do a B/L conversion on this one.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:59 AM
connector collector
brooklyn nyc
Joined Dec 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Agreed. I think they just want to sell as many batteries as they can before a new better set of Nanotechs come out. LOL. The motor area is really cramped. We will be hard pressed to do a B/L conversion on this one.
I think we just flip the servos, and there'll be room...
brushless is gotta happen, got mine today and I love it so far, its gonna be crazy to see it brushless.

my maingear slipped a lil, this new glue thing is weird, too bad they dont include glue, and a tool to measure the head hieght for re-glueing...
newborn is offline Find More Posts by newborn
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Wow this thread is moving fast.

Giovanni, thanks for the "Durability Test" video. I think that it may sell as many nanos as seeing James Haley doing the Exorcist. Your vids are the first real world vids I've seen of this thing. I'm curious would you have ever even considered flying an mcpx in your garage near your Harley? I just want to get a sense of whether I'd dare fly this thing in my condo. I know the mcpx chips car paint, please don't ask me how I know.

All the best!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
I haven't even gotten mine yet and you are already talking about a brushless conversion :S wow...I thought I'd be able to get my today, but the LHS never got their truck today...maybe tomorrow?
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:11 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Wow this thread is moving fast.

Giovanni, thanks for the "Durability Test" video. I think that it may sell as many nanos as seeing James Haley doing the Exorcist. Your vids are the first real world vids I've seen of this thing. I'm curious would you have ever even considered flying an mcpx in your garage near your Harley? I just want to get a sense of whether I'd dare fly this thing in my condo. I know the mcpx chips car paint, please don't ask me how I know.

All the best!
Well, I KNOW how you know ... the same way I know it also kills laptop screens ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:16 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for the pictures It does indeed look a bit tight too much for most outrunners due to rubbing restrictions. I do still have an inrunner around that is 10-11 mm that might work though
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:21 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Then what is? Looks like the perfect heli to start with for CP, I already know how to fly 4ch FP. Your response certainly conflicts with the response a few posts up about how it is blade's best flyer ever, even than the MSR.
I doubt the nano can be sooo much harder to hover than the mCPX. I went from 4#3 to CB100 to 4#3B to mSR to mSRX to supermini to SP100 to mCPX ... before I thought I have arrived at the heli that I will learn CP with ... now I will see how the nano does ... well, in a few days anyway ...

oooops - and of course I forgot the 6months of V911 (or 7 ...) - during the mSR mSRX SP100 mCPX times ...
just lately I fly mCPX only ... or RTF micro quads ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
My brushless nano.

Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:22 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Blade SR is not CP.
Sorry, the above is false. I've had 2. It can rainbow and fly inverted. Can't do that with FP. Look at pics of the head and you'll see bell-hiller mixing. The blades are air foiled and symmetrical.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:24 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Well, I KNOW how you know ... the same way I know it also kills laptop screens ...
Take a pencil eraser to the scratch and just erase it. It's like freakin' magic!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
No no hotheads here, just too many painfully obvious statements "different than a fixed pitch MSR" - da, backtracking on previous statements, do you need a quote? And others telling others what heli that they should buy without knowing anything about their experience, but of course it can't be this CP heli.

CP club, can I join? Same old sh*+, different heli, different day.
Yeah I've been at this for a couple of years and every new blade CP heli since the SR has been billed as the "next step up from the mSR" or a "beginner CP heli" but the reality is that up until now no heli has lived up to that billing.

The SR was a huge disappointment, it has a ridiculous sloppy tail and very temperamental.

The mCPX was thought to be that heli initially but many were disappointed with it's tail, and it's power and it's durability and it can get away from you quick and cause real damage indoors.

Now we have the nanoCPX, I don't have mine yet and it's on order, so it's too soon for me to say for sure how newbie friendly it is.

But consider this... I already have an mCPX and a 130X in my hangar, so I won't be able to objectively say if this is the perfect step up from the mSR, but ...

on paper it sounds like a perfect starter CP... it's low mass, therefore low rotor loading. Lower head speed, and therefore less touchy. And according to Mikel, it's less likely to get away from a new pilot, and less likely to cause damage to itself and the walls.

Considering the mSR is no longer in production, I think after people have mastered their orientations on a coaxial, the mSRX would teach hovering a non-self stabilizing heli and then the nano CPX would feel nearly identical in normal mode.

But I can't see any reason to buy a flybared helicopter in 2012 when flybarless exist.

And for goodness sakes people chill out.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:07 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni Day View Post
Once I was called out I went out and flew while my son videoed. Admittedly the wind had started calming down.

Here is the Durability Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_T4vnyNU9Q
Wow Giovanni, that thing can really survive almost everything.........
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:42 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,600 Posts
What's with that vid though, those "jitters"? Is that Youtube's infamous "shake-fix" messing up things?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan