HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:47 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Has anyone had issues with the nano trying to re bind when you turn it on? About 50% of the time when I plug batt in it flashes like I'm binding. May be a TX issue because my dx6i antenna is a bit worn
Yep. new Nano here with same issues. I just keep replugging the battery until it makes a bind.
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:50 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impostor View Post
Yep. new Nano here with same issues. I just keep replugging the battery until it makes a bind.
how many times does it usually take you?
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:51 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perschek View Post
Seems as my spindle came a tid bit loose from the factory.. Barely tightened it and now my shakes are gone. Anyone recommend a good glue or just use the white stuff / thread lock
I bend mine so often that i dont use anything..but some use a small bit of loc-tite.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quick question. Are the lipo connectors for the Nano the same size as mcx, msr? What is the charger plug called? Pico plug? I'm looking for a cheap multi battery charge cable.
kidlat is offline Find More Posts by kidlat
Last edited by kidlat; Jan 09, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:16 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
Quick question. Are the lipo connectors for the Nano the same size as mcx, msr? What is the charger plug called? Pico plug?
Yes.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Cool. So this will work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6X-Pico-Li...20861638167%26
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:28 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
Yes it sure will. So will this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10621
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:31 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
Thanks. I'll go with the local ebay one. I don't think I can wait that long
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:36 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
how many times does it usually take you?
Typically, 2-3 tries before it binds. I have my Dx6i about 3 feet away.
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:46 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Um connector

Crazy the difference in how it flies now that I pressed the gear in further and tightened the spindle about three full turns... And I was impressed before! Forgot to ask has anyone checked the cog I know it doesn't matter too much on these birds using stock battery all the way in now
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Another question. If a brand new ncpx comes with fully charged lipos (also bought extra lipos) isn't that bad for lipos to be stored charged?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:03 PM
GEEBEE Can't WAIT!
USA, OR, Seaside
Joined Dec 2010
1,422 Posts
Comes 70 percent and its probably a slow storage charge
perschek is offline Find More Posts by perschek
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
Using those, what do you set your charger to charge for?. Still a 1s, or do you set it for a 3s if you have 3 batteries plugged in say. What do you set the charge rate to on a "real" charger for these batteries? I've only ever used the celectra.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Using those, what do you set your charger to charge for?. Still a 1s, or do you set it for a 3s if you have 3 batteries plugged in say. What do you set the charge rate to on a "real" charger for these batteries? I've only ever used the celectra.
1s. 0.3A times how many lipos are charging
Last edited by kidlat; Jan 09, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:34 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
If you're using a parallel charging cable, like one of those, then you continue to treat it like a single cell (1s). All batteries plugged into the parallel cable charge as if they are one 'bigger' battery. The charge rate will be evenly divided between the number of batteries plugged into the cable. For example if you plug 6 batteries into the cable, it will take 6 times as long to charge as it would if you only plugged one battery into the cable.

You can bump up the charge rate according to how many batteries are plugged into the cable. But I find that since you're now charging (potentially) 6 batteries at a time there's no reason to hurry up to get the next battery on the charger. So I leave the charge rate at the original one battery rate and just let them take their time. Slow charging batteries is easier on them.

Using the celectra, you can plug in 4 parallel charging cables and charge up to 24 batteries at a time. All you need is a JST adapter like this http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...Page-_-BLH3126 for each parallel cable.

Don't mix empty batteries with full batteries on a parallel charging cable. Make sure they are all at 'roughly' the same charge (voltage) level. A little variation is OK (it's relative), so don't stress if some are discharged more than others. If you mix a full battery with an empty battery the full battery will dump it's charge into the empty battery, probably at a rate that exceeds the safe discharge/charge rate (reducing your battery life).