HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:03 PM
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Having a bad day? Go put some more tips in your nano thread and cool off Or maybe just go fly a bit and enjoy the day.

If you spend a bit more time in the hobby you will realize that graphing is quite helpful in many areas, especially battery usage and performance.
It is nice for some that dont know how to graph to be able to view it and see what batteries are worth while and what ones are a waste.

Daryoon is always quite helpful in posting info that he uses for the masses.

Happy new year
I guess you know me better than anyone, with what you just posted. You must have magic super powers.

Again, I'm not out to boil someone's feet in gasoline, but I suppose you know what's best.

Happy New Year to you too
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Wait one - this is a toy hobby.

I'm out for a while. I always love to lend a helping hand, but one certain person here enjoys confrontation.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Caution! Troll alert

There have been recent reports that a troll might be present in our midst. It seems that he has either had too much or not enough to drink. As everyone knows, the best policy is the no-response policy.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
318 Posts
Tried setting my D/R to have some tame indoor flying and it turned out to be too low and ended up terribly.

Back to stock settings and I'll wait until work tomorrow to fly. Back to the sim...
iTz Nicholas72 is online now Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:42 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I only really fly indoors with mine. I use 30% expo and 85% travel. I'm a very new pilot with cp though so maybe that could be the difference.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddytatter View Post
There have been recent reports that a troll might be present in our midst. It seems that he has either had too much or not enough to drink. As everyone knows, the best policy is the no-response policy.
Nice.

I'm here to talk and not hurt. Your post speaks volumes of your own personal character.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:56 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,204 Posts
Dude give it a rest! I like talking to all the guys on here and all of us having our own opinions is why we're able to learn new things. Everyone brings something to the table whether right or wrong. Not sure how old you are but you act and post like a kid, sometimes your cool and have helpful things to say while other times you talk like an idiot, if people push your buttons take care of it through PM or the mods not in this forum.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:56 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Daryoon = blocked

Really? Well, yeah - I still doubt that. Either you have way too much time on your hands, or whatever.

I was about to friend you, but not after this thing that you exposed.

Have a good holiday, and try not to over-analyze it!
I don't understand whats happening there on your end. From what I can gather,

He posts a useful graph and posts an opinion about a possible battery choice for our heli's, in an effort to help the rest of us out. (which he did)

You make a feeble attempt at making fun of him. (typical troll response)

He replies, taking no offense and kindly explaining why he posted it (which was obvious to 99% of us anyway, odd it was hard to figure out?)

You then reply as if he had insulted you in some way, again attempt to cast doubt on his intentions, then (claim) you blocked him, as if he would care?

That about sum it up? Again, whats happening?
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:57 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Nice.

I'm here to talk and not hurt. Your post speaks volumes of your own personal character.
Me thinks he doth protest too much!
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:04 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
I don't understand whats happening there on your end. From what I can gather,

He posts a useful graph and posts an opinion about a possible battery choice for our heli's, in an effort to help the rest of us out. (which he did)

You make a feeble attempt at making fun of him. (typical troll response)

He replies, taking no offense and kindly explaining why he posted it (which was obvious to 99% of us anyway, odd it was hard to figure out?)

You then reply as if he had insulted you in some way, again attempt to cast doubt on his intentions, then (claim) you blocked him, as if he would care?

That about sum it up? Again, whats happening?
It sounds like an episode of Judge Judy or something...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Eh, yes

I concede.

I guess if graphs help you guy out, then so be it. Daryoon still has a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't need to go public on that any further.

I understand that these little 1S battery packs are cheap, akin to my 2S/3S lipo 5800 - or 6000 mah street packs on the tarmac for rc cars. With that, I digress, b/c there's no need for graphing - the performance says it all.

Back to the holiday - All my Darths are grounded, I'm waiting on spares, and then tune em up to fly. I can't wait for my Phoenix 4.0 to come - less things to smack around!

Hugs now peeps - Dragn would love one right now! And - yes, I could use a drink . . . . .
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Well, I flew the nano outside today for the first time in awhile - been flying the . . . parts . . off of it, quite literally, indoors. Switching between the MSRX and the Nano outside, it was interesting to see how differently they behaved when opened up. I think what is giving me the hardest time with the Nano is the Throttle/Pitch responsiveness. On the MSRx and other birds I've flown, there seems to be a pretty wide envelope for maintaining relatively level altitude. On the NCPx, however, I can't seem to keep it pinned on the right pitch to maintain level flight - it is a MUCH narrower range. Being newish with CP anyway, I am so busy concentrating on the other controls that I forget to manage the pitch until it is usually too late.

Man, I love this thing, though. It's been a whole new learning curve.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Well, I flew the nano outside today for the first time in awhile - been flying the . . . parts . . off of it, quite literally, indoors. Switching between the MSRX and the Nano outside, it was interesting to see how differently they behaved when opened up. I think what is giving me the hardest time with the Nano is the Throttle/Pitch responsiveness. On the MSRx and other birds I've flown, there seems to be a pretty wide envelope for maintaining relatively level altitude. On the NCPx, however, I can't seem to keep it pinned on the right pitch to maintain level flight - it is a MUCH narrower range. Being newish with CP anyway, I am so busy concentrating on the other controls that I forget to manage the pitch until it is usually too late.

Man, I love this thing, though. It's been a whole new learning curve.
Yeah bro - I can uber relate. Do you see the common yaw rate between the two? Not identical, but common - rudder left - forawd. Rudder right, backward . . . .

I smell a couple of mixing commands in my DX6i . . . .

So, how is your new Lord Luther?
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:38 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
I found that the pitch is much more touch in IU with flat throttle curve. I'm playing around with a v curve to try and give me a larger control range for level flight. I don't know enough as I'm new to the digital radio programming too, but I'm learning.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:40 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,836 Posts
Just logged 6 indoor flights. First time in a week or so. First time This Year! For the first time ever it bound first try on every batt!

Was doing some heavy SIM time last night with a larger Heli working on Inverted down to grass clipping level, another first. No way am I attempting inverted indoors yet, especially in the narrowed room with the tree and other stuff.

Took off first flight and was going to do a Piro. Had a brain short right off and instead of going to rudder, went hard left Aileron (Low Rates). I watched stunned as it whipped right into the tree and killed a small red ball ornament! Chopped it into three pieces. Finally with an LED flashlight found the last two pieces (I think). There might be one other small one, but I'll never find it in the tree branches. The reason I fly at home alone. Good thing it was just a run of the mill ornament, nothing special...

No damage to the Nano at least. Worked on holding precision hovers with turns to the side and keeping it sitting in the same spot, working tight patterns from side views. Remembered to shut off the furnace this time by the second flight. Was fighting the airflow off a vent on the first one. Just like flying outside!
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer