SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:46 PM
banging head on wall
skyeblu's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,219 Posts
Nano has the hiccups

My nano has a pitch pulse(servo pulse) the nano jumps about one inch at about mid stick sometimes when i increase throttle sometimes dropping throttle it's all three servos, every once in awhile not to often it will pitch pulse and jump up or down maybe an inch then shoot off to the right like I jammed the ailerons full right. Also maybe at the same time something happens with the tail I can't tell if it bobs from the pitch change or the tail motor pulses the tail doesn't swing it stays straight I'm not sure whats happening there and it doesn't happen as . I have checked every thing main gear was my first thought with the jumping its tight, spindle straight and has some play, blades loose, good batteries, only about 20 flight's normal mode, no crashes, no vibrations. tried both sets of blades. Dx6i setup per manual, pitch curves per manual, throttle curves per manual,
I have a video below I'm holding it but you can see the servos jump and not sure if it happens in idleup just can't tell. I called horizon today and they told me to clean my aileron servo and no go called them back and it will be sent back for repairs. did a search in the thread and didn't find anything. Thought I would see if any ideas here


cpx hicup 001 (2 min 34 sec)
skyeblu is online now Find More Posts by skyeblu
Last edited by skyeblu; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: add video
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:39 PM
Registered User
seeingeyegod's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,860 Posts
Do you guys (those of us that are still learning) fly with your finger hovering over the thr hold basically whenever you aren't totally sure you are fine? I am finding that is the only way I can hit it quick enough. It is a new thing for me to hit thr hld instead of cutting the throttle so its taking some retraining of my poor brain
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Just practice using the switch when you are not actually flying... or practice on a SIM if you have one... it is always best to practice something new on a SIM first before trying it in real life. Even way back when I was flying the MCX2 I always used throttle hold... so I do not think much about it. Transmitter might make a difference too, I have a DX8 and the throttle hold is very easy to hit with out too much thought.

Is your flying area too small or what exactly is the situation you keep finding yourself in that makes you feel the need to "hover" over the switch?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeblu View Post
My nano has a pitch pulse(servo pulse) the nano jumps about one inch at about mid stick sometimes when i increase throttle sometimes dropping throttle it's all three servos, every once in awhile not to often it will pitch pulse and jump up or down maybe an inch then shoot off to the right like I jammed the ailerons full right. Also maybe at the same time something happens with the tail I can't tell if it bobs from the pitch change or the tail motor pulses the tail doesn't swing it stays straight I'm not sure whats happening there and it doesn't happen as . I have checked every thing main gear was my first thought with the jumping its tight, spindle straight and has some play, blades loose, good batteries, only about 20 flight's normal mode, no crashes, no vibrations. tried both sets of blades. Dx6i setup per manual, pitch curves per manual, throttle curves per manual,
I have a video below I'm holding it but you can see the servos jump and not sure if it happens in idleup just can't tell. I called horizon today and they told me to clean my aileron servo and no go called them back and it will be sent back for repairs. did a search in the thread and didn't find anything. Thought I would see if any ideas here


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQmMZ...yer_detailpage
AH - it's not an uncommon problem. You've got dirty servos my fiend! The tracks behind the fingers need cleaning -

You can clean them with:
1. Deoxit spray and then follow up with their lube.
2. Motor cleaner spray that's plastic-friendly.
3. Take the servo off its board, and use a pink eraser to clean the tracks. Don't bother touching the fingers as they are very delicate and tiny.

Hope that help you out!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,702 Posts
I don't have the 4 RTF radio but I would assume its like the normal training switch switch button. You don't hover over it your pinky or ring finger should be on it ready to press if it starts getting away from you.
Reaction time improves with practice but hitting throttle hold wasn't the harder thing for me. It was feathering the throttle up to increase the blade pitch and not cut the throttle. Cut the throttle and the blade pitch is usually in the wrong direction throwing you to the ground.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Do you guys (those of us that are still learning) fly with your finger hovering over the thr hold basically whenever you aren't totally sure you are fine? I am finding that is the only way I can hit it quick enough. It is a new thing for me to hit thr hld instead of cutting the throttle so its taking some retraining of my poor brain
I'm a good pilot, and although no 3D yet, I too always have my finger at the ready on the TC switch. My nCP Xs are the fastest things I've flown to date!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,028 Posts
Finally somebody is set to answer my calls:

Rakon just announced the frame for the nano !!! (Yipppppeeeeeh!!)
http://rakonheli.com/rkh/index.php?p...emart&Itemid=1

however, the price is probably going to derail that idea still for a bit into the new year
(why does it always HAVE to be so costly to be early adopter? ...)

Anyway, hope they also put some pics up soon ...

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Finally somebody is set to answer my calls:

Rakon just announced the frame for the nano !!! (Yipppppeeeeeh!!)
http://rakonheli.com/rkh/index.php?p...emart&Itemid=1

however, the price is probably going to derail that idea still for a bit into the new year
(why does it always HAVE to be so costly to be early adopter? ...)

Anyway, hope they also put some pics up soon ...

I saw that as well on their web site yesterday. I sure hope the designers over at RKH know what they're doing, because the nCP X is a full 3D heli and will crash. If the main frame's CF parts are wafer thin like the 120SR's RKH frame, then I'll pass. It won't be able to withstand the abuse we put these things through like the stock frame does.
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
I saw that as well on their web site yesterday. I sure hope the designers over at RKH know what they're doing, because the nCP X is a full 3D heli and will crash. If the main frame's CF parts are wafer thin like the 120SR's RKH frame, then I'll pass. It won't be able to withstand the abuse we put these things through like the stock frame does.
Well, if the RKH should not be "your cup of tea" you still got a chance with microheli (as they wont take long to offer a frame now themselves - at least anything but this would be to the highest degree surprising)
I tried all 3 upgrade frames for the mcpx, and as much as I like the rakon, I got to the conclusion that the MH frame is best for me (and I think its ultimately the most well thought through of the 3)
Anyway, I got the aftermarket frames mostly because those darn canopy posts keep breaking when the wind blows wrong at them - and for that purpose they were a good investment (in particular the MH, which I already crashed bad multipe times ... even WITHOUT 3D .)

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Finished my 3rd pack with my Nano CPx!!!

Have the D/R set to 80% and 37% expo and its great expect for the occasional tail wag.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
Registered User
South Africa, KZN, PMB
Joined Apr 2012
107 Posts
Does any one know where u can buy a Blade Nano cpx for $149 including tax in Vancouver?
merdock is offline Find More Posts by merdock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered User
JLink125's Avatar
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,279 Posts
Merry Christmas guys, hope everyone has a great day!
JLink125 is offline Find More Posts by JLink125
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
Registered User
PERIStaff's Avatar
Chilliwack BC Canada
Joined Apr 2003
60 Posts
Merdock SN Hobbies has them for $149.00.
PERIStaff is offline Find More Posts by PERIStaff
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
It's not clear in the manual, but does the Nano rotor have a flap/teetering hinge? My little fp heli doesn't, which means the rotor disc can't tilt without tilting the whole model.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdock View Post
Does any one know where u can buy a Blade Nano cpx for $149 including tax in Vancouver?
Yup, SNhobbies.com
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 5802 Today 11:04 AM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 09:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 06:07 PM