"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibichus View Post
Sorry to hear.

MB.
I feel your pain man. I was gluing my frame and must've got a drop in the servo gearshaft, Now I need to resolder a new one onto the servo board. My Nano looks like a pile of spare parts.

On the bright side if you got some Airtime skids, they are pretty great, it's nice not having to worry anymore about broken skids.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Yep... the Airtime ones... I thought I was being careful enough but it took so much force to get them in the frame that the starboard servo connector on the top of the board just ripped right off. It wouldn't be so bad as I have had to re-solder one on my mcpx, but this also removed a little 2mm trace on the board that runs from one of the pins to a micro resistor. So that really ups the difficulty level
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Picked up a few parts for my nano for the holiday.

Blades and alum. tail motor holder.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Yep... the Airtime ones... I thought I was being careful enough but it took so much force to get them in the frame that the starboard servo connector on the top of the board just ripped right off. It wouldn't be so bad as I have had to re-solder one on my mcpx, but this also removed a little 2mm trace on the board that runs from one of the pins to a micro resistor. So that really ups the difficulty level
Ugh, good luck, hopefully you can salvage that servo. I'm not looking forward to resoldering the the leads on mine with my big soldering gun. Did you score the edges of the skid pin before you tried putting it in the frame?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:46 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I was going to but it specifically said not to in the instructions for the Nano...

I wish it was the sevo, it is where it plugs into the main board... so I am actually trying to save my board
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:22 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Ah, you're right I'm thinking of the mcpx instructions
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
PHEW Good thing I solder for a living It was a nightmare to replace the trace that got removed from the board... second attempt succeeded and I can now try out my new skids

I also added some super glue to all the connectors on the board to reinforce them and will do the same for all my helis... hopefully that will put and end to accidental plug removal
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I epoxy all of my connectors on the board now and havent had an issue since
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2004
94 Posts
Now that I have the throttle hold switch ingrained into my habits, I've noticed at times it will not shut off right away.. I find that if the motor is strained but still moving (blades skittering across the floor or carpet) it won't cut off until it has eased up or stopped by another object. At times it took up to 5 seconds to cut after the switch was was hit.

Still waiting for the mild BL kit to arrive.. Can't wait!
Jam-ehz is offline Find More Posts by Jam-ehz
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Which transmitter do you use?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:22 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Bad Main Motor???

So... when the main motor is gonna bite the big one... does it make more noise and start inducing tail wag? I also notice it doesn't spool up smooth all the time, sometimes I have to give it more throttle past where it would usually start spinning up and then it will jump start like the mcpx does... Time to go shopping isn't it...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Need some help. I have a brand new Nano and I probably have about 12 flights on it and I notice the tail want hold when I give full up. Or if its dropping and I give full up it whips hard sometimes to the right. Is my tail motor going bad? also, after about 2 min in it doesnt want to climb out very fast, I hear the motor whining. It didn't do any of this when it was brand new.
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Sounds like your motor is going bad also... I only have 25 flights on mine
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Think I'm going to be getting a Nano and a DX6i for Christmas. Can fly the 120SR tail back no problem and I'm just starting to get the hang of canopy towards me and realistic forward flight with banked turns and all.

I've been flying the MCPx on the sim because its the smallest and what I'm guessing is most similar to the Nano. Any settings I should tweak or another model I should practice with?
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Sounds like your motor is going bad also... I only have 25 flights on mine
Is yours starting to go bad?
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker