SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
sending this nano back to seller. I cant figure out the problem. Before i put anymore into it i can buy a brand new one
garrettt04s is offline Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Man you got me! Sorry for the slip up. I was rushing around heading back to work and I won't go into the issues my wife and I are dealing with for my dad. One of those days with him. That's why I flew and fixed the Heli, to unwind a bit before work...
I rush into stuff all the time and my mind wanders too. Im on my second boom now too and this one hasnt split yet so the tail is rock solid, gonna try a light coat of thin ca and shrinktube the whole length of the boom next time it splits. just to experiment.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
I rush into stuff all the time and my mind wanders too. Im on my second boom now too and this one hasnt split yet so the tail is rock solid, gonna try a light coat of thin ca and shrinktube the whole length of the boom next time it splits. just to experiment.
How does one slip Shrink over the plug to get it over the boom? Just use a size that (will) fit over the plug and hope it shrinks far enough on the boom?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Last edited by heritageflyer; Dec 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
881 Posts
Quote:
How does one slip Shrink over the plug go get it over the boom? Just use a size that (will) fit over the plug and hope it shrinks far enough on the boom?
Yes and yes it will shrink.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
My nano's tail boom has been broken three times and is still flying. I broke it where it goes into the frame and repaired it with hot melt glue. I broke the boom twice along its length and repaired it with thread and CA. It's strong enough now that I think only the death of the tail motor will be the final nail in its coffin.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
My current nano motor just hit flight number 101 and still going. My last one went 97 flights but, the first one died around 20 flights. I have a backup motor for when the current motor dies.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
52 Flights on my Nano now.

Was still getting bad tail kickout tonight when I went to the local school. Did a backflip and it kicked around and came right at me. Bounced it over the sidewalk onto the blacktop. This was on the 3D Blades.

Brought it home and replaced the old shattered glow skids and replaced the 3D Blades with my original Bullet Blades. When I flew in the side yard, most of the tail kick was gone using the Bullet Blades.

Flew til dark, in some decent wind at the end. The neighbor's cats came out immediately and were pouncing on it anytime I dropped it and that was plenty of times! So I had some bonding time with the Cats!

Blade nCPX Nano Cats!! (11 min 31 sec)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,074 Posts
Good job on the video heritageflyer! There was a lot of stuff going on there that you don't see in the average heli video. The cats were great and then you shook that leaf off, and then there was the dangling skid and battery. As soon as your timeout started beeping that dog started barking. Well done.

Were you using a hat-cam or did you have a helper?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Good job on the video heritageflyer! There was a lot of stuff going on there that you don't see in the average heli video. The cats were great and then you shook that leaf off, and then there was the dangling skid and battery. As soon as your timeout started beeping that dog started barking. Well done.

Were you using a hat-cam or did you have a helper?
Homemade HatCam.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:30 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
did you figure this out ?
I assume you tried to rebind , always the first place to start ...

I had previously tried binding again to no avail... however, I just re-tried rebinding and a 'static' test (ie. while holding it in my hand) proved to have no symptoms!?!?

I'll try flying it tomorrow again and see. If that's all it was I'll be so ticked off, but relieved at the same time!

Thanks for the tip.... much appreciated!
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Homemade HatCam.
What kind of camera do you have on the sweet homemade hatcam? Looks like it handles the lighting changes pretty well. I'm looking at making one, but all I have right now is a Kodak zi8 and its a bit bulky and heavy for a hat cam, but I'll do it if I must, lol.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjay View Post
Hey folks, new to this thread I think... I've searched it for my heli's issues, but couldn't find it. Hoping someone may have some insights.

I've already had to send my nCPx back to HH for replacement of the 3-in-1 for this problem. They (thankfully) send me back a new board on my Nano, but I had to spendd $20 in shipping and wait to get it there and back. The problem has resurfaced on the new board so I'd like to see if there's something I can do before having to ship it again.

Here's the problem. The nano links to the Tx fine, may fly for a little while, but then it drops into fail safe mode - ie. no power to motors, blue Rx light is off, but servos jitter indicating board and gyros are still active.

Any help you guys have would be appreciated!! I have tried cleaning up the antenna solder joint, I've tried unplugging the motors to see if they are over driving the ESC, etc. nada.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jason.

I have two nanos and on one of them I am experiencingthe same thing. I have changed batteries, battery wires, re binded to radio, and checked everything withno fix. The only thing left would be buy a new board.
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
What kind of camera do you have on the sweet homemade hatcam? Looks like it handles the lighting changes pretty well. I'm looking at making one, but all I have right now is a Kodak zi8 and its a bit bulky and heavy for a hat cam, but I'll do it if I must, lol.
Two year old Canon A3100S. I set it manually for Sun, Clouds, avoiding any Auto Light setting and also set the Focus to Infinity. That way you avoid the blur outs you see on lots of videos. So whatever Cam you have, it needs to have the ability to set to Infinity. It also has Normal and Macro modes for regular pics.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:51 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milf Hunter View Post
I have two nanos and on one of them I am experiencingthe same thing. I have changed batteries, battery wires, re binded to radio, and checked everything withno fix. The only thing left would be buy a new board.
Yeah... I've had two in a row that had the problem. The first one I sent back to Horizon and they replaced the 3-in-1 for me. Now that one has the problems.

As in my previous post last night, it seemed that it _may_ have come back to the land of the living. HOWEVER, I just flight tested it and it's toast still.

Guess I'm going to have to send this one back too... nuts!

J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Two year old Canon A3100S. I set it manually for Sun, Clouds, avoiding any Auto Light setting and also set the Focus to Infinity. That way you avoid the blur outs you see on lots of videos. So whatever Cam you have, it needs to have the ability to set to Infinity. It also has Normal and Macro modes for regular pics.
Nice! I believe my zi8 has the infinity focus. It just doesn't handle low light very well at times. Guess I will have to try it and find out!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80