HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
The 1S charger with the Nano needs 6V input, so no, you cannot use your bigger power supply.

Best to invest in a better 1s charger. I use a Eflite 4-port charger, which isn't much better, but at least it came with a transformer.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:34 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat76 View Post
I'm loving mine so far and after two days of flying I'm hooked.. I do feel that I've lost some power either from the lipos or the motor. Full throttle, climbs slow it seems but maybe it's me since at first I wouldn't make fast moves.
Is there an aftermarket charger? Can I use a power supply from my big lipo charger (2s-3s) to power the charger instead of using AA?
it is just the simple use of an adapter - and you can ACTUALLY use a "big lipo charger" to charge the nano (=msr/x) batteries. (I do this with mine all the time ... balance charge 3 at a time with the Xtreme charge harness[I use either an ImaxB6AC or a Thunder AC6])
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat76 View Post
I'm loving mine so far and after two days of flying I'm hooked.. I do feel that I've lost some power either from the lipos or the motor. Full throttle, climbs slow it seems but maybe it's me since at first I wouldn't make fast moves.
Is there an aftermarket charger? Can I use a power supply from my big lipo charger (2s-3s) to power the charger instead of using AA?
Make sure your gear has not slipped down on your main shaft. You can just push it back up. It will cause you not to have as much positive pitch.
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
I charge six Nano batteries at a time on my iCharger 106B. It' s the only way to do it if have quite a few batteries.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
257 Posts
I am trying to remove the tail boom from the tail motor housing but it won't budge. Any suggestions?
Ramblin is offline Find More Posts by Ramblin
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:00 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
966 Posts
Since the talk is about chargers. Why dose the manual say not to use rechargable batteries? I have a iCharger under the tree but the for now the stock charger eats AA batteries.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Since the talk is about chargers. Why dose the manual say not to use rechargable batteries? I have a iCharger under the tree but the for now the stock charger eats AA batteries.
The charger has a little chip inside that monitors voltages and decides what lights to display. Regular batteries are usually 1.5 to 1.6 volts and they gradually lose voltage over time. Rechargeable batteries are usually 1.2 volts and they maintain that voltage almost to the end and then suddenly drop off. I guess they optimized the chip to work with regular batteries.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
I am trying to remove the tail boom from the tail motor housing but it won't budge. Any suggestions?
Get a block of wood and drill a hole through it that is just a little larger than the diameter of the tail boom. Then you should be able to push the tail boom through the hole and by quickly pulling on the end it should "knock" the motor housing off. If that doesn't work, put the boom in a vice and use something to pry against the block of wood.
Puddytatter is offline Find More Posts by Puddytatter
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:42 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Because nominal voltage would be 4.8V, rather than 6V. Alkaline cells also have much higher capacity than NiCad & NiMH cells of the same letter size. I always keep a couple of Radio Shack 1A wall-warts with changeable plugs & selectable 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, and 12VDC outputs on hand - just in case I may need one. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3875403

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Temptation

Hmmmmmmmmmm. . . .

I just walked by the dining room table and guess what I saw on it all unwrapped and cute and looking like it really wanted to be test flown before Christmas . . . . And my wife won't be back for an hour or two . . . . I mean, it's not REALLY a maiden, more of a test to make sure everything works, mechanically and all. . . .

On the other hand, it might be a bit hard to explain why the little thing spontaneously exploded in it's box and got grass stains all over itself if I accidentally (and very likely) crashed it . . . .

Ho Hum, how many more days till Christmas?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,879 Posts
I'll add that to my list of advantages of flying in winter with a foot of snow. There is very little risk of damage and virtually no risk of grass stains.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddytatter View Post
Get a block of wood and drill a hole through it that is just a little larger than the diameter of the tail boom. Then you should be able to push the tail boom through the hole and by quickly pulling on the end it should "knock" the motor housing off. If that doesn't work, put the boom in a vice and use something to pry against the block of wood.
Thanks, that did it!
I had been prying against the end of the housing but was deforming it with no sign of progress.
Ramblin is offline Find More Posts by Ramblin
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
When I try to pirouette starting with a still hover, tail toward me, it always starts heading to my 2 O'clock by the time it gets to 180 degrees, quite quickly in my opinion..
I figured the AS3X would keep the heli still but not the case..

Just wondering if there's something to adjust on the heli, or am I just expected to counter it with the sticks?
If it's extreme, that's an effect of an unlevel swash plate. You can try leveling the swash by using a zip tie around the main shaft or maybe ensure all links are same length.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,369 Posts
indoor inverted flight has taken its toll on the little bird. One observation for the folks having trouble with lift. In almost every blade heli there is a collar on in the middle of the main shaft that is screwed in place and keeps the main shaft from sliding down. On this heli it is glued in place. It is also a very low quality glue. my main shaft collar has slipped and now its almost impossible to fly. add in a tail rotor that is now acting up, I have to give it a flick to get it started, and it looks like the repair costs are starting to add up. Been flying her pretty hard, but man does it break down a lot. Parts are durable in crashes, but not for longevity.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,022 Posts
I just got my CPX and am reading the manual and the thing keeps talking about Stunt mode.

I'm going to fly this with my DX8, programmed as they suggest but I can't figure out what stunt mode is or if it applies.

My recent Heli experience is fairly limited but I figure this ought to be safe over grass. My previous, flybar equipped version withstood amazing punishment.

Do I need to worry about stunt mode? How do I invoke it if it applies.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying